40 Dead in New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack

Started by Shiranu, March 15, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

The larger issue, which is not a new issue but the oldest and same issue, is ignorance of the masses. The "politicians" steal the money from the masses and blame all the ills on a third party for the masses to revolt against. The "politicians" then feign disgust at the actions of the masses as they bank the gold and strip funding from education.  And they say Ponzi was a crook.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on March 16, 2019, 09:23:57 PM
The larger issue, which is not a new issue but the oldest and same issue, is ignorance of the masses. The "politicians" steal the money from the masses and blame all the ills on a third party for the masses to revolt against. The "politicians" then feign disgust at the actions of the masses as they bank the gold and strip funding from education.  And they say Ponzi was a crook.

But is anarchism the oldest conspiracy theory?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Yeah, one more white guy is killing minorities he hates,  and Trump thinks that is a minor issue.

MSNBC showed a graphic demonstrating that 74& of all hate-crime killings were done by white supremecists and another 24% were done by Islamists.  And we fear Islamists more?  Follow the numbers...

We need to clean up our own countries (US for me) first.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Sal1981

If you want a pissing contest on who kills more people, then I fear for you.

Cavebear

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 17, 2019, 12:20:36 AM
If you want a pissing contest on who kills more people, then I fear for you.

You are, I suppose, counting the deaths elsewhere as insane people kill each other daily in droves.  I do care about that.  But I was talking about in the Western World.  And I fully understand that that is not "The World".  But while I can try to restrict violence in my part of the world, I cannot stop it everywhere. 

So, I try for here. 

And oh crap that sounds awful...  BUT I can't do anything about India vs Pakistan, and I can't do anything about Syria, and I can't do anything about Venuzuela, and I can't do anything about Indonesia, and I can't do anything about all the "stans" in Asia.  All I can do is try to do something HERE!

We have a complete disaster for a President.  He won't even try to keep international groups functioning.  He is a nutso.  I have to focus here until we remove the orange menace from office one legal way or another.  For once in the past century, the rest of you are all on yer own until we here in the US get past THIS problem (of our own making). 

You have had your own problems in the past and we have helped.  But we need some time to undo a terrible mistake, so stop messing things up in the meantime. 

I'll leave you with a thought.  If Hillary Clinton had become US President in 2016 instead of Trumpty-Dumpty, with her rational international experience, do YOU think Britain would be leaving the EU?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2019, 01:06:30 AM
You are, I suppose, counting the deaths elsewhere as insane people kill each other daily in droves.  I do care about that.  But I was talking about in the Western World.  And I fully understand that that is not "The World".  But while I can try to restrict violence in my part of the world, I cannot stop it everywhere. 

So, I try for here. 

And oh crap that sounds awful...  BUT I can't do anything about India vs Pakistan, and I can't do anything about Syria, and I can't do anything about Venuzuela, and I can't do anything about Indonesia, and I can't do anything about all the "stans" in Asia.  All I can do is try to do something HERE!

We have a complete disaster for a President.  He won't even try to keep international groups functioning.  He is a nutso.  I have to focus here until we remove the orange menace from office one legal way or another.  For once in the past century, the rest of you are all on yer own until we here in the US get past THIS problem (of our own making). 

You have had your own problems in the past and we have helped.  But we need some time to undo a terrible mistake, so stop messing things up in the meantime. 

I'll leave you with a thought.  If Hillary Clinton had become US President in 2016 instead of Trumpty-Dumpty, with her rational international experience, do YOU think Britain would be leaving the EU?

I don't think Trump had anything to do with Brexit. That was just ignorance and local propaganda leading to people making a stupid decision on a matter they knew nothing about. What we did get from Trump includes: losing the respect of other nations, a bunch of unqualified assholes in important places of power, a weakened economy (but not for the uber rich), an extended government shutdown, human rights violations, a Right leaning Supreme Court featuring guy who likes to drink and has a strange emotional attachment to calendars, empowerment of white supremacist groups, "Nazis are bad" becoming a controversial political statement, and a partridge in a pair tree. And he's far from done.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 17, 2019, 01:54:57 AM
I don't think Trump had anything to do with Brexit. That was just ignorance and local propaganda leading to people making a stupid decision on a matter they knew nothing about. What we did get from Trump includes: losing the respect of other nations, a bunch of unqualified assholes in important places of power, a weakened economy (but not for the uber rich), an extended government shutdown, human rights violations, a Right leaning Supreme Court featuring guy who likes to drink and has a strange emotional attachment to calendars, empowerment of white supremacist groups, "Nazis are bad" becoming a controversial political statement, and a partridge in a pair tree. And he's far from done.

I think you miss the point.  Had Hillary Clinton been elected, she probably would have found a way to stop the Brexit and helped keep the EU functioning with Britain in it.  The EU is the US's best friend in the world and MOST of us here know that.  It's the 33% that are fanatical Trump nuts who don't and there is probably nothing I can do about that except outlive them...

And yes, there are stupid people in Britain just like in the US and they pulled out their pitchforks and tar at the same time some idiots did here. 

This nonsense will pass away, but we have to wait for new elections here and there.

Or it could be that the world is going to hell in a handbasket and this creepy nonsense will become standard and we will have a new age of UTTER COMPLETE IDIOCY.  History is full of irrational changes like that.  I prefer to think positively, but we will have to wait and see.

I expect that the US will come back from the brink. 

Baruch

How could she stop a vote in GB, that occurred before the 2016 election?  Hillary magic?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2019, 06:03:20 AM
How could be stop a vote in GB, that occurred before the 2016 election?  Hillary magic?

The point is that it could have been more easily stopped a couple years ago by an activist competent US President.  By a Hillary Clinton, as opposed to a Donald Trump.  A few words here, a few words there, and maybe some fuses would have been snuffed...  A storm blown over and Western Democracy goes on...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2019, 06:11:55 AM
The point is that it could have been more easily stopped a couple years ago by an activist competent US President.  By a Hillary Clinton, as opposed to a Donald Trump.  A few words here, a few words there, and maybe some fuses would have been snuffed...  A storm blown over and Western Democracy goes on...

Obama was president then.  Are you complaining about Obama?  You just seem to be ... irrational this morning.

What could any president in the last two years do, about GB politics?  Obama did try to encourage "remainers".  Some Brits didn't like that interference.

As far as Brexit, personally, I have no dog in that race.  I don't like the EU, but what GB does isn't up to me.  I just find this an excuse to observe their politics, and how bizarre it seems compared to the American version.  And I have my favorite British bull dogs ... though they tend to be pragmatist Tory.  Boris Johnson seems like a British version of Trump, without the money, but better education and much better speaker skills.  Rees-Mogg is such a stereotype upperclassman.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2019, 06:17:54 AM
Obama was president then.  Are you complaining about Obama?  You just seem to be ... irrational this morning.

What could any president in the last two years do, about GB politics?  Obama did try to encourage "remainers".  Some Brits didn't like that interference.

As far as Brexit, personally, I have no dog in that race.  I don't like the EU, but what GB does isn't up to me.  I just find this an excuse to observe their politics, and how bizarre it seems compared to the American version.  And I have my favorite British bull dogs ... though they tend to be pragmatist Tory.  Boris Johnson seems like a British version of Trump, without the money, but better education and much better speaker skills.  Rees-Mogg is such a stereotype upperclassman.

Obama wasn't President in the last two years, Trump was.  And apparently he is glorying in Brexit because Putin is too.  In fact, this is pretty near the wet-dream of Putin to see Europe starting to pull itself apart again, so he can try to pick up the eastern pieces while Britain and the US are otherwise self-involved.

And I rather expect that you would like to see that too, as you do like to see things fall apart for some reason only known to yourself..

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 17, 2019, 06:27:19 AM
Obama wasn't President in the last two years, Trump was.  And apparently he is glorying in Brexit because Putin is too.  In fact, this is pretty near the wet-dream of Putin to see Europe starting to pull itself apart again, so he can try to pick up the eastern pieces while Britain and the US are otherwise self-involved.

And I rather expect that you would like to see that too, as you do like to see things fall apart for some reason only known to yourself..

I know you hate Trump (for the 1000 time) and admire Hillary (for the 1000 time).  So Putin controls the world, really?  Well, with you and I at our age, we see the Soviet Union in every stranger's face, don't we?

Hard to say what will happen in the future (as is always the case).  It is possible, that EU will fail, regardless of politics (they have to get all their natural gas from Russia).  Nato has been a dead letter since 1992.  I suppose (as any person of our age would say) that Nato must be maintained at all cost, and that the EU is part of that strategy.

Recently it has been noted, that while Churchill was one of the first people to promote the EU idea, he didn't want GB to be part of it, but above it.  Quite the reasonable position, given that anything with Germans in it, should be kept at arm's length.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 17, 2019, 06:33:12 AM
I know you hate Trump (for the 1000 time) and admire Hillary (for the 1000 time).  So Putin controls the world, really?  Well, with you and I at our age, we see the Soviet Union in every stranger's face, don't we?

Hard to say what will happen in the future (as is always the case).  It is possible, that EU will fail, regardless of politics (they have to get all their natural gas from Russia).  Nato has been a dead letter since 1992.  I suppose (as any person of our age would say) that Nato must be maintained at all cost, and that the EU is part of that strategy.

Recently it has been noted, that while Churchill was one of the first people to promote the EU idea, he didn't want GB to be part of it, but above it.  Quite the reasonable position, given that anything with Germans in it, should be kept at arm's length.

Slightly good understanding of post-WWII Europe, but NATO continued past then for a good reason and into the EEC and then EU eras.   I actually do wish it had been more helpful but slightly less aggressive in incorporating former Eastern Bloc Nations, but I can understand why they tried to take advantage of the Soviet Collapse.  I happened to be taking some graduate level seminars about the Soviet collapse at the time.

Talk about being IN the right spot AT the right time, Wow...

Baruch

Nobody anticipated the collapse of the Soviet Union (or expects the Spanish Inquisition (sarc)).  Though it was mostly a good thing I think.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote"Australia's unlikely hero, dubbed "Egg Boy," is still on his crusade to help victims of the deadly mosque shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand. The vigilante first rose to fame when he cracked an egg on an Australian senator's head on live TV Saturday. Legal funds were raised for "Egg Boy," and the creator of the GoFundMe says the teen  is donating those funds to the mosque victims.

It all started when Queensland Sen. Fraser Anning blamed Muslim immigration for the terror attack at two mosques in New Zealand that left 50 people dead. Anning received widespread criticism, but it was a 17-year-old boy named Will Connolly who took it upon himself to serve up a unique form of justice.

Connolly ran up to Anning while he was talking to reporters on live TV and smashed a raw egg on his head. Anning swatted at the teen and ended up hitting him on the head. Connolly was apprehended."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gHyP0c5Ohc

Maybe the kid should not have used the egg in that way, but the politician didn't exactly show professionalism. And his statements were hateful and ignorant, so I might have used an egg in a similar way, just from a bit farther away.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman