40 Dead in New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack

Started by Shiranu, March 15, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 15, 2019, 01:11:45 PM
He could have shouted 'Ann Coulter for Peace Nobel!' for all I care. There are thousands of Pewdiepies on the youtube alone. We are living through an era which people are expected to make racial slurs or derog comments on some minority, culture, ethnicity or gender or whatever the fuck. Most of the young generation wouldn't even notice them if they didn't. It's a specifically scripted new age gig to make money, become famous.   

I personally find this attack odd, because exactly like the vlogger clown you mentioned above, this piece of shit looks too designed to me. It's not a claim, it is an impression I got.       

Have you already forgotten the 50+ who died in Las Vegas, 18 months ago?  That was really odd too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 15, 2019, 03:34:02 PM
In this case, I think it's fine. Makes his intentions clear. Hopefully, anyone who would have considered attacking in retaliation otherwise will see his manifesto and decide not to give him what he wanted.

ISIS has already declared a "death fatwa" against the NZ PM.  And who backs ISIS?  I give you three guesses; USA, USA, USA.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

I think most peeps will see a nut from the nuts. It's not that hard. I was surprised at the little counter action we had after 911..thankfully. But I was indeed wrong that Bubba and Billy Bob would start driving round targeting them moooslims. Though it would not take much for tRump supporters to go off rail, I actually think many of them are kinda backing off a bit.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Sal1981

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 15, 2019, 04:58:00 PM
We hear this kind of rhetoric all the time. Hearing it come from a terrorist doesn't make it look any better, but it might give pause to anyone who might have agreed with him before this.
If this rhetoric goes unchallenged, is silenced, it will undoubtedly foment divisions further.

My biggest gripe is that these ideas will most likely be censored instead of challenged. You don't destroy ideas by censorship. You can't kill ideas by censorship. It will only result in them resurfacing from the underbelly of the Internet. I think we should inform people, challenge these destructive ideologies with better ideas and ways. Talk with people.

If you stop talking, people will take up arms.

drunkenshoe

Guys, these things are so easy to go out of hand. Well, you all know that. People are so easy to manipulate and some of them stupid enough to follow. That and any possible retaliations. It's like hay catching fire in a suitable climate. I know you guys have nothing to do with these places. But please stay away from churches.

Something already happened in East London, a little event with no casualties. A 27 year old muslim man was attacked by a batten and hammer. He suffered head injuries, not serious. Couldn't find any big source.

https://www.dhakatribune.com/world/europe/2019/03/16/muslim-man-attacked-outside-london-mosque-with-hammer

QuoteThe attackers reportedly shouted Islamophobic slurs before attacking

A Muslim man was attacked with a "hammer” outside an East London mosque, just hours after the terrorist attack in two New Zealand mosques.

Police said the victim is a 27-year-old, who suffered head injuries, according to the Independent.

Eyewitnesses said the attackers were a group of three men, who shouted Islamophobic slurs as they drove past the mosque on Cannon Street Road.

They were calling people who came for the Friday prayers "terrorists," witnesses added.

Some of the worshippers tried to pursue them, which prompted two of the men to attack them with what is thought to be a hammer. After the attack, they dove into a moving car and drove off.

London police have so far been unable to detain anyone.

The attack comes less than a day after the worst terrorist attack in New Zealand, and one of the worst anti-Muslim attacks in recent memory, leaving 49 dead and scores grievously injured.

In the wake of the New Zealand attack, London police asked mosques to be on high alert against similar attacks.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on March 15, 2019, 07:19:32 PM
Have you already forgotten the 50+ who died in Las Vegas, 18 months ago?  That was really odd too.

It didn't look odd to me. I've posted about that. My guess was Soveriegn Citizen. Just a guess. Acording to the FBI report it's a much bigger threat than Islamic Terrorism in the US.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on March 15, 2019, 08:33:42 PM
I think most peeps will see a nut from the nuts. It's not that hard. I was surprised at the little counter action we had after 911..thankfully. But I was indeed wrong that Bubba and Billy Bob would start driving round targeting them moooslims. Though it would not take much for tRump supporters to go off rail, I actually think many of them are kinda backing off a bit.

Well, it is not into their benefit now is it? With all their big boss in trouble. And if something like that starts in the US...I don't want to even think about it.

drunkenshoe

I am so depressed about everything going on over here, I keep thinking and feeling like there is always some push to start something. Civil wars, terrorist attacks...any kind of bloodshed; lethal provocation of any kind. Like a fucking gore menu. I am exhausted. Sigh. Everything's so dark from my eyes. It's like there is this huge monster machine comes like a shadow whenever it wants and feed on innocent people and nobody powerful enough to stop it, actually wants to stop it. That makes me angry. 

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 16, 2019, 07:06:02 AM
I am so depressed about everything going on over here, I keep thinking and feeling like there is always some push to start something. Civil wars, terrorist attacks...any kind of bloodshed; lethal provocation of any kind. Like a fucking gore menu. I am exhausted. Sigh. Everything's so dark from my eyes. It's like there is this huge monster machine comes like a shadow whenever it wants and feed on innocent people and nobody powerful enough to stop it, actually wants to stop it. That makes me angry.
That is what I feel like about this country.  I keep having this dark feeling that Germany 1932 here we are.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 16, 2019, 09:23:39 AM
That is what I feel like about this country.  I keep having this dark feeling that Germany 1932 here we are.

Or Russia 1917.  As long as people are idealists (Germany and Russia were taken in by idealists).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 16, 2019, 09:53:47 AM
Or Russia 1917.  As long as people are idealists (Germany and Russia were taken in by idealists).
I don't think 'idealists' are the problem.  There is no way a follower of trump can be labeled as an idealist.  I am waiting for the Reichstag fire--or what will fill that role for trump.  Then he can make his absolute power grab.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 16, 2019, 07:06:02 AM

The sad reality is this is part of the lives we live, much as we want things better, much as there are rational people wanting to end war and violence and terrorism, the sad fact is its just not easy to achieve. Take america for example, people there want the mass shootings that occur almost yearly now to end, but the country itself doesn't want to relinquish its rights to carry firearms. You can educate people, but all it takes is one person with a few broken neurons in their brain to decide one day they have to moral issue with killing fifty people.

This is like how it happens in nature, you could see a charming scene of a group of gorillas living together, it makes you feel glad they exist or that their living peacefully. But then a rival group of gorillas comes in and kills the first group of territory.

And yeah, we're better then animals, because we understand the workings of the human mind and how to improve ourselves outside of our baser instincts, but we're still just an evolved ape, and there are so many of us now, this is simply bound to happen, no matter how evolved we might feel, all it takes is one individual with undeveloped empathy and a weapon mankind keeps producing to kill others.

You just have to learn to work through it and accept, there is some bad shit in the world, just don't let that rule over your day to day life, or you become a victim to it yourself.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 16, 2019, 10:36:56 AM
I don't think 'idealists' are the problem.  There is no way a follower of trump can be labeled as an idealist.  I am waiting for the Reichstag fire--or what will fill that role for trump.  Then he can make his absolute power grab.

Idealist not equal to Progressive.  Progressive=Left Idealist.  Regressive=Right Idealist.  Idealist aka lives in their heads, are impractical dreamers of future or former times.  Usually tending to extremism  Pragmatist=Centrist.  And we don't tend toward extremism, other than ennui against the nuts we share the planet with.

No Democrat is a dictator?  Really?  See, you are just like pr126 (it is an age thing?).  He has Muslims under his bed.  You have Republicans under your bed.  Both of you need Daddy/Mommy to come and scare them away ;-)  I have bed bugs under my bead.  They are real.  Muslim supermen or Republican supermen aren't real, they are memes.

You can have an end to violence of sorts ... in the Gulag or the Death Camps.  D or R, both end badly.  To stop my neighbor from doing things I don't like, in a climate of hysteria, I have to either imprison him or kill him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSvS4LY26Yg

R = look to the past (false version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL7NlRiMJXY

D = look to the future (BS prognostication)

At least as a theist, I stand a greater chance under R, unless they are anti-semitic.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

The dude specifically designed everything to light everyone up and Get us all fighting each other, he wanted to hurt everyone, and he knew gunning innocents down would hurt more and more. He’s a sadistic psychopath
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit