40 Dead in New Zealand Mosque Terrorist Attack

Started by Shiranu, March 15, 2019, 03:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-injuries-reported-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live

QuoteForty people been killed and 20 injured in a terrorist attack on two mosques in Christchurch, which occurred during afternoon prayers.[/q]
  • Three people â€" one of them an Australian-born man â€" are in custody.
  • It was described as “a terrorist attack” by NZ prime minister Jacinda Ardern, and an “extremist, right-wing violent terrorist [attack]” by Australian prime minister Scott Morrison.
  • Christchurch remains on lockdown.
  • Ardern said: “Many directly affected by this shooting may be migrants to New Zealand, they may even be refugees here...They are us. The person who has perpetuated this violence against us is not.”[/l]
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

I have just seen this. Let's hope it won't trigger anything around the globe and will be solved calmly.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 15, 2019, 04:07:53 AM
I have just seen this. Let's hope it won't trigger anything around the globe and will be solved calmly.

Choice of words ... "Solved" isn't in the vocabulary of international or inter-communal relations.

False flag?  We will never know.  NZ is rather Scandinavian now, so this could be an organized internal Right-wing action along the usual lines of Aus-NZ resistance to Muslim immigration/refugees from SE Asia.  Politics in Australia seems more balanced on the issue.

On the event ... I grieve with anyone cut down by political terrorism.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

It doesn't matter if it is false flag or not. I am worried there will be a retaliation. And worse it could start something in other already heated up places in the West.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 15, 2019, 06:09:48 AM
It doesn't matter if it is false flag or not. I am worried there will be a retaliation. And worse it could start something in other already heated up places in the West.

There is always retaliation.  It is traditional ... and sometimes that is the whole point, to provoke the retaliation (hence false flag).  History is one long vendetta between many tribes.  There is no "solving" it.

I saw an anthropology film in HS, about tribal warfare in New Guinea.  It was entirely based on the build up and release of social tensions, the release coming from ritual violence (war is liturgy of the war gods) ... fed by an endless tit-for-tat of revenge.  Thus in an age of MWD ... humanity has no future, in the stars, or anywhere.

That is what happened with Trump and Brexit and Yellow Vests.  There is a build up of tension within or between communities, and it will be released one way or another.  This is why every sane society has allowed alcohol.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Just saw "49 dead".

How will they blame Obama for this?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 15, 2019, 06:49:48 AM
Just saw "49 dead".

How will they blame Obama for this?

I don't think NZ is into Obama.  They are into sheep.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Apparently, they have a 74 paged manifesto and have prepared for two years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/new-zealand-mosque-terrorist-may-have-targeted-country-because-it-n983601

Quote...Although not confirmed by authorities, a 74-page manifesto titled "The Great Replacement" was posted online beforehand and matched several known details about the suspect and the attack.

It contains a sprawling array of anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim and white-supremacist references, repeating common far-right talking points. It also condemns attempts to restrict firearms in the U.S. and pledges to start an American race war. ...

The manifesto posted before the New Zealand attack references the victims of a terror attack in Stockholm and racial tensions in the Balkans.

The author says he was inspired by Charleston church shooter Dylann Roof as well as Anders Behring Breivik, the far-right terrorist who killed 77 people in Norway in 2011.

He says he aims to spark a civil war in the U.S. along divisions relating to gun rights and race.

Its author also says he is a supporter of President Donald Trump as what he describes as a symbol of white identity, but he adds that he dislikes Trump as a policymaker and a leader. ...

Although not confirmed by officials, the suspect appeared to film the attack on a head-mounted camera, live streaming the 17-minute incident to Facebook. The footage has since been taken down.

It shows him driving in a car while listening to a Serbian folk song about Radovan Karadzic, the Bosnian Serb political leader convicted of war crimes including the 1995 genocide of Muslims in Srebrenica.

He then gets out of the car, retrieves a weapon from the trunk, and walks through the mosque firing at the worshippers inside for several minutes.

He also appears to encourage viewers to subscribe to PewDiePie, one of the world's most famous YouTubers who has used racist language in the past and been accused of anti-Semitism.

PewDiePie, real name Felix Kjellberg, tweeted Friday that he felt "absolutely sickened having my name uttered by this person."

The video, and several images posted to social media that appear to tally with the incident, shows weapons scrawled with writing about Serbian knights who fought Ottoman Turks and Bosnian in the Middle Ages.

The manifesto condemns the U.S.-led bombing of Yugoslavia, which began 20 years ago next week, saying that NATO "fought beside Muslims and slaughtered Christian Europeans attempting to remove these Islamic occupiers from Europe."

drunkenshoe

I have read and listened a lot of elaborate woes from that manifesto. Apparently, he has a special thing for Turks. Gallipolli War, Vienna Siege, some other wars. Lapento war? (Lipento?) I didn't get that part. Isn't that a famous navy war which Ottomans were deafeted badly? 

And he wrote the names of dead Nazis? Starting a race war in the US. Trump support.

I dunno guys. It's sounds too forced and elaborate to me. What timing.   

your_dude_james

Yeah he mentions Candace Owens and how she's too extreme for him, a guy who just shot like 50 people. Is that a joke?

PopeyesPappy

He mentions a lot of things including being a fascist.

QuoteWere/are you a fascist?

Yes. For once, the person that will be called a fascist, is an actual fascist. I am sure the journalists will love that.

I mostly agree with Sir Oswald Mosley's views and consider myself an Eco-fascist by nature.

The nation with the closest political and social values to my own is the People's Republic of China.

Was there a political figure or party in history you most associate yourself with?

Sir Oswald Mosley is the person from history closest to my own beliefs.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Yeah, but it sounds designed. Everything is in one package! Best deal at this side of Pontar! Wtf.

PopeyesPappy

It sounds barely literate to me. Something which would be in line with what he said about his education. I'm guessing he worked on this for months if not years, but yes it could have been a collaborative effort with his fellow murderers.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Oh yeah, there is no contradiction in that sense. But the timing, the place. What is going on in the US and the UK. We are having a very important election on the 31st.

New Zealand? An Australian terrorist in New Zealand? Bombing to kill Muslims? Far away, too close.   

I am not the one for the conspiracy theories, but false flags attacks are hardly far fetched conspiracy theory material tbh. Imagine something like that happening in Europe. You can't control the outcome. US? No sides would benefit from it. UK...lol. 

Apparently, he has worked it on for 2 years.

I don't mean to sound terrifying, but something feels like a new bombing season is just opened. Well, what's going to happen in the next 6 months is gonna tell, if this is a real one or not.

Sal1981