Thomas John (The Seatbelt Psychic) - Busted for Cheating!

Started by Unbeliever, March 13, 2019, 04:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2019, 12:00:05 AM
And religions are intentionally predatory.

Because people are intentionally or systemically predatory, including Progressives ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 12:41:45 AM
If my little pieces of paper fail, we have much more serious problems and I'll be hiding in the mountains trapping squirrels for food.  But I don't expect that will happen in my lifetime.

I am sorry to say, I suspect we have very serious problems indeed.  May or may not happen in the time we have left.  N Korea can take out N America with one EMP.  Then you have no access to your digital pieces of paper.  Also nothing much else, since everything depends on electronics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s7EXnPAS8o

I don't have to be a psychic to say ... an effective EMP attack, means that given our food transport system and JIT warehousing (we don't rely on warehouses like we used to) ... we have 3 days before people panic for real, because the clock starts on the die off of 80% of the population from starvation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

I always wondered why "psychics" spent their time telling people what they were holding in their hands instead of being down at the race track picking the winners or playing the stock market.

Seemed like they could have better used their talent..... if they had a talent.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

mathetes

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

mathetes

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 16, 2019, 09:16:23 PM
Which ones are not predatory?

Let's go back to your original claim that religion itself is predatory.  How so?  How would one go about providing evidence and demonstrating that to be a factual claim to all, or even an overwhelming majority of, religions?  There are literally thousands of religions, perhaps tens of thousands.  While examples of predatory people can perhaps be found in all, as in any large group or community of people, I think it's much harder to try and apply and prove that broad of claim.  Maybe you want to start by looking at some examples of specific religions you feel tend to be the most predatory by nature, system and/or philosophy. 

Baruch

Quote from: mathetes on April 17, 2019, 03:39:19 PM
Let's go back to your original claim that religion itself is predatory.  How so?  How would one go about providing evidence and demonstrating that to be a factual claim to all, or even an overwhelming majority of, religions?  There are literally thousands of religions, perhaps tens of thousands.  While examples of predatory people can perhaps be found in all, as in any large group or community of people, I think it's much harder to try and apply and prove that broad of claim.  Maybe you want to start by looking at some examples of specific religions you feel tend to be the most predatory by nature, system and/or philosophy.

Islam ... therefore all Muslims must die
Christianity ... therefore all Christians must die
etc.

See some atheists here are really edgy characters.  Even when posting digitally, they tend to get self inflicted paper cuts ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Minimalist on April 14, 2019, 08:00:03 PM
I always wondered why "psychics" spent their time telling people what they were holding in their hands instead of being down at the race track picking the winners or playing the stock market.

Seemed like they could have better used their talent..... if they had a talent.

That always seemed obvious.  Why don't people recognize that?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

mordant

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 14, 2019, 12:00:05 AM
And religions are intentionally predatory.
It's my view that "unintentionally predatory" is no less harmful. A person who is "unintentionally murdered" is just as dead.

Baruch

Quote from: mordant on April 27, 2019, 02:42:59 PM
It's my view that "unintentionally predatory" is no less harmful. A person who is "unintentionally murdered" is just as dead.

In "Winning Thru Intimidation" from te 70s, there are three kinds of people.  People who say they will hurt you, and do so.  Those who say they won't hurt you, are lying, and hurt you.  Those who say they won't hurt you, are not lying, but hurt you anyway.  The third group is the most dangerous.  This is why do-gooders are ... questionable.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.