The "Belt Road Initiative" - China's New Silk Road

Started by Shiranu, March 12, 2019, 11:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Ancient Athens.  Choose some offices, at random, from the electorate.  Like juries, but without right of refusal by protagonist/antagonist.

Otherwise it is Greek to me.  This Is Sparta!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

In the Faroes, Huawei have made an agreement with Føroya Tele to implement a 5G network across the isles, becoming among the first countries to have 5G. Take from it what you want.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on March 18, 2019, 10:25:32 PM
In the Faroes, Huawei have made an agreement with Føroya Tele to implement a 5G network across the isles, becoming among the first countries to have 5G. Take from it what you want.

I doubt there are many secrets in the Faroes, that the key loggers can gather.  One paranoid concern, is that 5G more than 4G is dangerous radiation for humans/brains to be exposed to.  Don't know about that, do research.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

New data suggests that the Chinese economy is grinding to a halt. Not that 6% growth is bad, but the trend is down and falling as China's efforts to expand the economy is hitting reality.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/business/china-economy-gdp-fourth-quarter.html

This wouldn't be the first time a nation has found that efforts to jack the economy hit social problems.  In recent times, it was going to be Germany to take over, Japan to take over, even Ireland.  But reality is cruel...  They all lacked the basic economy to support serious short term growth.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Yes, the authoritarian elite of China are delusional .. they will expand until they cannot.  Just like Japan, Germany and ... the US.  The specific Chinese problem is their demographic ... they are rapidly increasing their average age, though not nearly as bad as Germany or Japan.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.