Taxpayers shouldn't fund colleges that don't protect free speech

Started by your_dude_james, March 11, 2019, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Cavebear, we are brothers by a different mother ...

"I was a Republican for years and I know how they think (winning at life is everything and pushing at the rules is the way to win).  I'm a Democrat now.  I want all of us to succeed, I want the world to succeed.  It's possible."

I was a Democrat for years and I know how they think (being a grifting cuck is everything).  I'm Independent now.  I want all of us to succeed, I want the world to succeed.  It's possible. 
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 14, 2019, 03:25:21 AM
Cavebear, we are brothers by a different mother ...

"I was a Republican for years and I know how they think (winning at life is everything and pushing at the rules is the way to win).  I'm a Democrat now.  I want all of us to succeed, I want the world to succeed.  It's possible."

I was a Democrat for years and I know how they think (being a grifting cuck is everything).  I'm Independent now.  I want all of us to succeed, I want the world to succeed.  It's possible.

I would like to say that I'm Independent (and I think of myself as such because I don't have any great loyalty, per se, to the Democratic Party), but I always end up voting Democratic because the Republicans are such a bunch of damn "gimme, gimme, gimme" elitist pricks that I can never find one to vote for.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Blackleaf

Quote from: your_dude_james on March 14, 2019, 10:36:58 AM

Wow. You've just lost any ounce of credibility. You're comparing college, where people learn scientifically supported facts, to a cult that makes ridiculous, unsupported claims about aliens and demons. I'm starting to see why other atheist groups have "disappointed you." It's because they couldn't take you seriously.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2019, 03:37:23 AM
I would like to say that I'm Independent (and I think of myself as such because I don't have any great loyalty, per se, to the Democratic Party), but I always end up voting Democratic because the Republicans are such a bunch of damn "gimme, gimme, gimme" elitist pricks that I can never find one to vote for.

I do agree that balance is generally a good thing. But we need a better alternative to Republicans. Right now, Democrats are the only reasonable choice. If, perhaps, the Republican Party were to fall out of favor, another Conservative party would rise in their place. One that doesn't support pseudoscience and theocratic policies, and one that has an ounce of integrity, but I won't hold my breath. Trump is the worst the Republicans have to offer, all their weaknesses made plain for all to see, and yet Republicans continue to support him and make excuses for him, and so-called Centrists still think Hillary would have been just as bad or worse. Trump is going to win a second term, just watch. I don't have much hope for America's future.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 14, 2019, 10:52:05 AM
I do agree that balance is generally a good thing. But we need a better alternative to Republicans. Right now, Democrats are the only reasonable choice. If, perhaps, the Republican Party were to fall out of favor, another Conservative party would rise in their place. One that doesn't support pseudoscience and theocratic policies, and one that has an ounce of integrity, but I won't hold my breath. Trump is the worst the Republicans have to offer, all their weaknesses made plain for all to see, and yet Republicans continue to support him and make excuses for him, and so-called Centrists still think Hillary would have been just as bad or worse. Trump is going to win a second term, just watch. I don't have much hope for America's future.

I agree with you more than you might realize.  But Trump IS the new conservative party.  That's the hard thing to accept...

And if you will all forgive me... "Please God, can we have Mitt Romney instead somehow?"
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

your_dude_james

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 14, 2019, 10:43:20 AM
Wow. You've just lost any ounce of credibility. You're comparing college, where people learn scientifically supported facts, to a cult that makes ridiculous, unsupported claims about aliens and demons. I'm starting to see why other atheist groups have "disappointed you." It's because they couldn't take you seriously.

This is only true of STEM. Any other major and you basically just learn how to be a protester.

And seriously all these -isms they love to churn out basically are a book on demonology and UFO sightings. Leftism is a cult.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2019, 12:25:07 PM
I agree with you more than you might realize.  But Trump IS the new conservative party.  That's the hard thing to accept...

And if you will all forgive me... "Please God, can we have Mitt Romney instead somehow?"

To Hillary you are a "deplorable" to Mitt ... says he "isn't worried about you" poor folk.  Sith always come in twos.

Yes, Mitt, the guy who brought you a Republican think-tank health plan to Massachusetts and then had it stolen by Obama.  You love the ACA, for everyone else, now that you are on Medicare.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

_Xenu_

Quote from: Shiranu on March 12, 2019, 11:59:51 PM
It is, simply, an unsustainable system; we are up to something like 1.6 or 1.7 trillion dollars worth of student loan debt and most of us have to live paycheck to paycheck to get by.
Something that makes me really angry about that is that the Republicans not too long ago passed a two trillion tax cut that overwhelmingly benefited corporations and the very rich. Taking that money and eliminating student debt could drastically improve the lives of younger people, and help you avoid a lifetime of poverty that the debt begins.

Quote from: Shiranu on March 12, 2019, 11:59:51 PMThat won't change once we graduate and as prices continue to rise on everything more and more of us are going to have to default and have our lives (and our families, because we cannot file for bankruptcy and student debt collectors come after not just you but your families' assets and credit) destroyed.
Not to mention, nobody wants to pay much when you graduate anyway. If the degree isn't practical, most will never dig their way out of the college debt.  I personally don't recommend going to college for anything but a STEM degree that will actually pay for itself over time, and do not even start if you are not hell bent on finishing. Personally, I think many people would be better off going to trade schools.

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

_Xenu_

Quote from: Shiranu on March 12, 2019, 11:59:51 PM
I don't know how closely involved the universities are (i'm going to assume heavily), but the pricing of textbooks is set by corporations and not the schools themselves. That said, I am sure the universities are heavily involved in the pricing process so that's not to take any blame from them... just to say that the blame needs to be on all parties involved.
Many classes could get by without overpriced text books at all. Of course, this doesn't make corporations or the university more money.

https://www.oercommons.org/hubs/open-textbooks?gclid=CjwKCAjwmq3kBRB_EiwAJkNDp-2at8a34hfHRQb9uGMaeBG27x_UwJq-NKUK00QLUkVhOBN2oGeRTBoCpXwQAvD_BwE
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

drunkenshoe

Quote from: your_dude_james on March 14, 2019, 05:16:35 PM
This is only true of STEM. Any other major and you basically just learn how to be a protester.

And seriously all these -isms they love to churn out basically are a book on demonology and UFO sightings. Leftism is a cult.

"Only one is true and right, all others are baaad and false. Because they are a cult!" LOL

The way of expression alone you used to define it -whatever you think you are defining in your head- as a cult, is a hilarious example of irony. Will the right wing wonders ever cease to shine?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

your_dude_james

It's impossible to change your biological gender.

Nobody gives a shit what you "identify" as. Nobody's obliged to read your mind to figure out what "identity" you woke up as.

Gender isn't just "performance", there are biological differences between the sexes.

Wanting to chop off your dick isn't healthy. People who chop off their dicks are mentally ill and shouldn't be listened to.

The list of disputes to the left's obvious lies goes on and on. The only reason they don't get called out more often or even beaten down for them is because of institutional support.

And I'm not right wing. As an example, I'm okay with abortion because it's voluntary eugenics. People who want abortions are degenerates and are doing the world a favor by cutting themselves out of the gene pool.

Atheists by and large didn't really abandon "god". They just replaced "god" with "multiculturalism" and "inclusivity" and other such bullshit.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: your_dude_james on March 15, 2019, 01:11:46 PM
And I'm not right wing. As an example, I'm okay with abortion because it's voluntary eugenics. People who want abortions are degenerates and are doing the world a favor by cutting themselves out of the gene pool.

A man can find himself in west, by only travelling east.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: your_dude_james on March 15, 2019, 01:11:46 PM
It's impossible to change your biological gender.

Nobody gives a shit what you "identify" as. Nobody's obliged to read your mind to figure out what "identity" you woke up as.

Gender isn't just "performance", there are biological differences between the sexes.

Wanting to chop off your dick isn't healthy. People who chop off their dicks are mentally ill and shouldn't be listened to.

The list of disputes to the left's obvious lies goes on and on. The only reason they don't get called out more often or even beaten down for them is because of institutional support.

Atheists by and large didn't really abandon "god". They just replaced "god" with "multiculturalism" and "inclusivity" and other such bullshit.

Well, nobody gives a fuck what you think you identify as. It's clear.

Do you realise, there isn't one thing up there in that list that would affect you or your life, ever? But you sound angry about it all and what's more, you actually sound like you demand these to be, to happen as the way you are stating them.   

And after presenting the basic definition of a right winger, a person who is threatened or angry about perfect strangers' genitals, gender or what they want to do with them, how do they want to call themselves, if they want to have a kid or not; simply what to do with their own bodies, deciding what is healthy for them or not, you try to preach what atheism is or should be to a forum full of atheists.

I admit, you turned the abortion issue into a bit of a sentimental one for me for a moment, because between real life and your bullshit, I am annoyed that noone thought of aborting you and now we are to look at your posts that will repeat itself over and over and over and over again in every thread. How inconsiderate.   

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 15, 2019, 02:00:25 PM
A man can find himself in west, by only travelling east.

I'm banning the civilised lot from engaging with right winger newbies, because they actually think they 'touch' people with their precious vision of the world. :ppp