News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

your_dude_james intro

Started by your_dude_james, March 11, 2019, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

your_dude_james

Hi. I'm James and I live in Denver. I'm an atheist in that I am rather averse to religion and the like, but at the same time what I've seen of atheist groups in the past has always disappointed me. Here's to hoping this time is different!

PickelledEggs

propali.student

Welcome! :)

Poslano sa mog PRA-LX1 koristeći Tapatalk

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.

Not sure what you expect from a herd of cats.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

I hope you have fun here - I sure have! We have all kinds here, so there's lots of stuff to talk about.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

propali.student

So heathens, how are you? :D

Sal1981

Unbeliever

James, I hope you'll enjoy the invasion of the soul snatchers - we get them here at seemingly random intervals to try to save our souls from everlasting torture in Hell. Unfortunately, they're not at all effective, so we're all still hell-bound.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Welcome, James.  Hope you enjoy your stay.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Draconic Aiur

Blackleaf

Quote from: your_dude_james on March 11, 2019, 03:05:58 PM
Hi. I'm James and I live in Denver. I'm an atheist in that I am rather averse to religion and the like, but at the same time what I've seen of atheist groups in the past has always disappointed me. Here's to hoping this time is different!

Welcome, James. How exactly have previous atheist groups disappointed you? Starting with a negative attitude may lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

propali.student

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 12, 2019, 01:52:17 PM
Welcome, James. How exactly have previous atheist groups disappointed you? Starting with a negative attitude may lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Totally agree with this. I also had some negative experience with groups but people here are chill and ready to talk not just about atheism and that's why I love to be in this group.