News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

i do not afraid of going to the hell,

Started by SoldierofFortune, March 06, 2019, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 12:09:48 AM
IF there was a deity, do you really think that a simple coma resulting in eventual death would have an affect on the deity saving the soul of that person?

No to both.  G-d is an ass, unfortunately.  Reality isn't Disneyland.  But I am not an optimist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 05:39:25 AM
No to both.  G-d is an ass, unfortunately.  Reality isn't Disneyland.  But I am not an optimist.

But God IS an ass?  I've heard HE will get you for that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 14, 2019, 07:19:25 AM
But God IS an ass?  I've heard HE will get you for that.

If G-d was that active, everyone would be toast.  But Zeus ain't real.  Just because a human projection of G-d is a fiction, doesn't mean that G-d is a fiction.  What you and I think of JFK is a fiction.  We never knew the man.  But that doesn't mean that JFK never existed.  JFK is dead because JFK can be, G-d isn't because G-d can't be.  An archetype is bigger than individual instantiations ... if archetypes are reasonable at all.  If here are no archetypes, then there are no sets, defined by some criteria of membership, there are only elements which belong to no set.  For me, G-d is humanistic aka it is an archetype of humanity.  Related to Abrahamic religion, but not the same as.  Animals have their own gods, as any Egyptian knows ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Sorry to hear that Hijiri. A few years ago I would have just called you a pussy and said "get over it". But then I found myself at two am in the morning in a York Penn hotel having a panic attack and packing my bags to drive home because "i fucked everything up and can't finish the job"...I was halfway to Baltimore when my mind grabbed back, "what the hell is wrong with you"? I turned around. I had lost my job a couple months earlier, and while waiting for the new insurance to kick in ran out of meds and the doctor in Florida fucking disappeared and I could not get my Thyroid meds. Turns out abruptly quitting them- and lots of other drugs as well- can fuck up the brain a bit. So I learned the hard way that the brain is a bit of a fucking twit sometimes.

Hope all goes well for you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on April 13, 2019, 02:30:04 PM
Your self would be gone but your body would continue with someone else in charge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtoUfA209c

There's no one "in charge" in my head now, there's a legion of Indians but no chiefs.

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 14, 2019, 05:52:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZtoUfA209c

There's no one "in charge" in my head now, there's a legion of Indians but no chiefs.

Jesus has a cure for that, if you don't care what happens to a herd of pigs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 14, 2019, 11:47:36 AM
If G-d was that active, everyone would be toast.  But Zeus ain't real.  Just because a human projection of G-d is a fiction, doesn't mean that G-d is a fiction.  What you and I think of JFK is a fiction.  We never knew the man.  But that doesn't mean that JFK never existed.  JFK is dead because JFK can be, G-d isn't because G-d can't be.  An archetype is bigger than individual instantiations ... if archetypes are reasonable at all.  If here are no archetypes, then there are no sets, defined by some criteria of membership, there are only elements which belong to no set.  For me, G-d is humanistic aka it is an archetype of humanity.  Related to Abrahamic religion, but not the same as.  Animals have their own gods, as any Egyptian knows ;-)

I think I understand you saying that God is an invention of humans.  On that I will agree completely.  Though, since I am agreeing with you, you will have to disagree.  I can hardly wait...

But as far as animals having "gods", I will disagree.  I am A VAGUELY KNOWABLE GOD to my cats (food shelter litterboxes, etc).  But beyond that I am astonishingly godlike to the ants that sometimes enter the house.  My whim and SPLAT!.  And I save earthworms on the driveway after it dries past a rain and they don't know why *I* (THE SAVIOUR FROM ABOVE) save some and not others and can they even CONCEIVE of MY existence beyond their crawly terms?

That's not even close what a deity would be like but my best understanding....

Baruch

Many levels of levity.  Cats are their own gods of course ;-)

You underestimate the ability of humans to create deities.  Anthropomorphized ideas, that are vast memes that take on a life of their own.  Their power is in their fiction, it isn't their weakness.  We be demi-gods.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on April 18, 2019, 11:10:50 AM
Many levels of levity.  Cats are their own gods of course ;-)

You underestimate the ability of humans to create deities.  Anthropomorphized ideas, that are vast memes that take on a life of their own.  Their power is in their fiction, it isn't their weakness.  We be demi-gods.

"Dogs have Masters; Cats have Staff..."

And We Be Humans.  I read a short story once (Asimov, Sturgeon, Clarke, can't recall - terrible with names) where an imprisoned Being finally escaped by pure energy and landed on a planet only to discover (to HIS horror) that it was the origin planet.  HE tried to flee but was caught..  HIS last words were "But I am GOD".  And the prisoner said "But I am MAN".  Or something like that.

I LOVED that one...

hobby420

Quote from: Cavebear on April 18, 2019, 12:14:00 PM
"Dogs have Masters; Cats have Staff...

If cats could talk, they wouldn't!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Cavebear

Quote from: hobby420 on April 18, 2019, 01:49:56 PM

If cats could talk, they wouldn't!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Do you have any cats?  They talk to me a lot.  They have several meows.  "Food", "lap", "out", I recognize.  I probably don't want to know what most of the others mean...

1.  What is the big idiot doing NOW?
2.  CLEAN the litterbox, I see a speck in it.
3.  OMG, he brought out the PTU!"
4.  Is he going to toss and turn ALL night?
5.  If he doesn't open the deck door, I'm gonna PEE on it.
6.  Tuna AGAIN?"
7.  "May I have some more, please?"
8.  You wiggle that finger again, I'm gonna EAT it.
9.  I brought you this mouse.  The least you can do is EAT it..."
10.  "Who, ME?  I wasn't near that lamp".
11.  "You want me to wear WHAT?"
12.  "But its just getting dark outside!"

You get the drift...