News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

i do not afraid of going to the hell,

Started by SoldierofFortune, March 06, 2019, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 07, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
What's with title, soldier? Some Joke going over my head? Or one too many to drink?

There was some theist named Charles Spugeon who had 104 quotes

https://theblazingcenter.com/2018/10/charles-spurgeon-quotes.html

I didn't know anything about the title until you asked about it so I looked it up. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 03:41:49 AM
My Will instructions are that I want to be cremated and my ashes spread across my garden.  It amuses me that the new residents may eat my elemental atoms unknowingly as part of the tomatoes...   LOL!

but then your atoms will be pooped out, and go on an amazing journey though the sewer, and out to sea, to be eaten by a fish, who gets eaten by a larger fish, who then poops again, and they poop washed up on a beach, that grows into grass, only for the grass to be consumed by a cow, that pooped out, and turned into manure, which grows corn, and that corn gets turned into cereal, that little timmy eats, and poops out, to get flushed down the same toilet system, in an endless cycle, until the sun dies out.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 07, 2019, 04:29:45 PM
but then your atoms will be pooped out, and go on an amazing journey though the sewer, and out to sea, to be eaten by a fish, who gets eaten by a larger fish, who then poops again, and they poop washed up on a beach, that grows into grass, only for the grass to be consumed by a cow, that pooped out, and turned into manure, which grows corn, and that corn gets turned into cereal, that little timmy eats, and poops out, to get flushed down the same toilet system, in an endless cycle, until the sun dies out.

YEAH! 

The only thing that concerns me about this is that SOME WEERD IDJIT will try to explain that this is an "afterlife"...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Unbeliever

The protons and electrons that make up our physical bodies have been around since the beginning of the universe, drifting around willy-nilly, and will continue to do so as long as the universe exists. The atoms that we're made of were fused inside stars at some point after the beginning. They've come together for a (short) while to be us, and they'll go on after us to constitute other life. Whether we're buried or burned, those particles will still exist. But "we" will return to oblivion, where we've been for billions of years.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

I'm wondering if religion isn't linked more to a fear of parental abandonment than it is to a fear of death?
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2019, 06:33:07 PM
I'm wondering if religion isn't linked more to a fear of parental abandonment than it is to a fear of death?

Parental abandonment leads to death.  And sometimes during sieges, your mother can't wait to eat you up, literally.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 04:43:08 PM
YEAH! 

The only thing that concerns me about this is that SOME WEERD IDJIT will try to explain that this is an "afterlife"...

It is, but only for materialists ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2019, 06:32:43 PM
The protons and electrons that make up our physical bodies have been around since the beginning of the universe, drifting around willy-nilly, and will continue to do so as long as the universe exists. The atoms that we're made of were fused inside stars at some point after the beginning. They've come together for a (short) while to be us, and they'll go on after us to constitute other life. Whether we're buried or burned, those particles will still exist. But "we" will return to oblivion, where we've been for billions of years.

Yes, but did they do anything useful, this time around?  And you change all the molecules in your body about every 3 years.

Karma is worse, which is why Buddha tried to find a way to escape it.  Per justice, you become, for example, every fly you ever swatted.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 07, 2019, 06:49:15 PM
And you change all the molecules in your body about every 3 years.

Interesting - got any references for that?
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 07, 2019, 06:47:14 PM
Parental abandonment leads to death.

Well, not always, since there have been cases of feral children surviving such abandonment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child
God Not Found

aitm

Send me 5,000 bucks and I can guarantee that you will be sitting next to God.....on every 6,757,383,959th day. No worries though....as the after life is eternal that gives you at least 6,757,383,959 times to sit next to god.....criminy you gettin greedy?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2019, 06:57:51 PM
Well, not always, since there have been cases of feral children surviving such abandonment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feral_child

Don't try that at home either, kids!  Is that you Hansel?  How good did that nice grandma in the gingerbread house, taste?  Even old ladies need a little .. personal .. stimulation.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on March 07, 2019, 09:28:03 PM
Send me 5,000 bucks and I can guarantee that you will be sitting next to God.....on every 6,757,383,959th day. No worries though....as the after life is eternal that gives you at least 6,757,383,959 times to sit next to god.....criminy you gettin greedy?

See, materialists for fiat money are fools.  Demand gold or go away.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 07, 2019, 06:53:13 PM
Interesting - got any references for that?

From LiveScience, using a 1995 reference ...

"Red blood cells live for about four months, while white blood cells live on average more than a year. Skin cells live about two or three weeks. Colon cells have it rough: They die off after about four days. Sperm cells have a life span of only about three days, while brain cells typically last an entire lifetime (neurons in the cerebral cortex, for example, are not replaced when they die).

There's nothing special or significant about a seven-year cycle, since cells are dying and being replaced all the time. It's not clear where this myth began; perhaps some well-meaning but innumerate person simply added up the all the lifespans of the body's various types of cells and (mistakenly) assumed that all the cells are renewed after seven years."

But it is disputed, and there has to be newer research.  Another quote from 2015 ...

"Your body mostly replaces itself every seven to 15 years. Some bits are never replaced. Others like the lining of your stomach and intestines are renewed much faster. Due to the constant wear and tear from the process of digestion, these cells have an average lifespan of just five days".

A more technical reference ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_in_humans

The point stands, in one way or another, you aren't the man you were last week.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I know about all that, I was just wondering why you chose 3 years as your time span for "all the molecules in your body." Cells aren't molecules, though they are made of molecules, like everything else.
God Not Found