News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

i do not afraid of going to the hell,

Started by SoldierofFortune, March 06, 2019, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 06, 2019, 08:45:35 PM
Maybe eventually the Poincare recurrence will happen, and we'll all come back to do this all over again.

I saw that futurama episode, was a good one.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

I don't agree with this sentiment at all. Living is hard; being dead is easy. I would much rather not exist than have a torturous existence. Find what matters to you and focus on that. Make the most of this life while you can.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 06, 2019, 09:35:04 PM
I don't agree with this sentiment at all. Living is hard; being dead is easy. I would much rather not exist than have a torturous existence. Find what matters to you and focus on that. Make the most of this life while you can.

its a sad state really. We could find out what we want to do most in life, but many of us probably won't ever achieve it. for many just existing on the mortal plain is all we can have, some even just living day by day the best they can, and then they die.

For me, thinking existentially about the universe helps, since you just think about how vast the universe is, how long its been here, how long its gonna be here for once we're dead, and just having existed within it for a fraction of its time to ponder these things, to be one of the only creatures on this planet to wonder about such things, just makes the time we have all the more meaningful just getting to consider the vastness of it all.

Also, as its been said, matter can't be destroyed, only reconstituted into other forms, so when we die, however we choose to go, ashes, buried, in the end we all end up becoming matter for the universe to consume, before being sucked into a black hole and spat out over the cosmos.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on March 06, 2019, 05:52:19 PM
i am afraid of nothingness...

I don't understand that.  When you die, you aren't aware that you are dead.  You are the light switch turned "off"!
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 06, 2019, 08:37:16 PM
Chronus and all gods will be long forgotten before the universe snuffs out.

You first ;-)  Actually I will miss you.  But I am a sentimentalist.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 06, 2019, 08:45:35 PM
Maybe eventually the Poincare recurrence will happen, and we'll all come back to do this all over again.

So, now you are channeling Nietzsche's eternal recurrence?  Yes, the Third Reich will be endlessly repeated ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 06, 2019, 08:57:49 PM
I saw that futurama episode, was a good one.

Where they finally fell on themselves and crushed themselves?  Clever that.  Not.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 01:44:45 AM
I don't understand that.  When you die, you aren't aware that you are dead.  You are the light switch turned "off"!

Buddhist ;-)  That is Nirvana ... and can be partly achieved in this life, by not watching Fox News ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 06, 2019, 09:57:16 PM

Also, as its been said, matter can't be destroyed, only reconstituted into other forms, so when we die, however we choose to go, ashes, buried, in the end we all end up becoming matter for the universe to consume, before being sucked into a black hole and spat out over the cosmos.

My Will instructions are that I want to be cremated and my ashes spread across my garden.  It amuses me that the new residents may eat my elemental atoms unknowingly as part of the tomatoes...   LOL!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 03:41:49 AM
My Will instructions are that I want to be cremated and my ashes spread across my garden.  It amuses me that the new residents may eat my elemental atoms unknowingly as part of the tomatoes...   LOL!

You are already breathing air that Caesar farted, 2000 years ago ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 07, 2019, 07:11:57 AM
You are already breathing air that Caesar farted, 2000 years ago ;-)

Exactly!  And the poop of gooses, the farts of extinct dinosaurs, the pee of bears (Bear Whiz Beer - "Its in the water son, that's why its yellow"), and the snot of some Brit kid Caesar's army butchered...

Everything reduces to the elements (or REALLY stable molecules, if you want to get all technical) and we recycle them one way or another!

Baruch

What is wrong with that, isn't the facts, but that you are entertained or consoled by such a dismal fact.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

You see it as dismal? I don't. I see it as us all being connected to everything that's ever lived on this planet, or that ever will live.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Mr.Obvious

What's with title, soldier? Some Joke going over my head? Or one too many to drink?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.