News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How The News LIES To You

Started by Sal1981, February 25, 2019, 09:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2019, 06:02:59 PM
Cynicism and nihilism goes way deeper.  I hope you manage to escape the Abyss.  Otherwise you will be an abandoned cat-lady man like Cavebear and me.

I dunno if I've gone that deep yet, the small details make life worth living, the things I'm actually thankful for, and the struggles I get to overcome.
But theres still a lot of bullcrap to wade though day to day it erodes your outlook on things.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 06:49:14 PM
I dunno if I've gone that deep yet, the small details make life worth living, the things I'm actually thankful for, and the struggles I get to overcome.
But theres still a lot of bullcrap to wade though day to day it erodes your outlook on things.

Put on ... a happy face! & Don't worry ... be happy!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I like Democracy Now with Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzales. Also Ring of Fire, The Young Turks, and I watch a lot of MSNBC.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 01, 2019, 07:31:47 PM
I like Democracy Now with Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzales. Also Ring of Fire, The Young Turks, and I watch a lot of MSNBC.

To each their own.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 03:44:27 PM
I'm only 38, and yet I've already drawn the conclusions all political systems are flawed and full of liars and cheats.
Yes, Munch, ALL political systems are flawed and full of liars and cheats.  But that does not mean that they are equal in those flaws or that the flaws are the same or to the same degree.  It is not black-and-white.  It is all gray, and that is what makes it difficult.  We have to learn how to parse to what degree are the parties flawed and how are they flawed.  It is also true that some political parties or systems are more destructive to the masses than others.  To dismiss what Trump is doing as simply what other politicians do is to give Trump and his ilk permission to keep on doing their damage.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Minimalist

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on March 01, 2019, 08:24:22 PM
With FOX I only expect lies.

You are correct.  But you have outfoxed yourself!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 01, 2019, 08:03:22 PM
Yes, Munch, ALL political systems are flawed and full of liars and cheats.  But that does not mean that they are equal in those flaws or that the flaws are the same or to the same degree.  It is not black-and-white.  It is all gray, and that is what makes it difficult.  We have to learn how to parse to what degree are the parties flawed and how are they flawed.  It is also true that some political parties or systems are more destructive to the masses than others.  To dismiss what Trump is doing as simply what other politicians do is to give Trump and his ilk permission to keep on doing their damage.

You can migrate to a different shit-hole, or continue to grant permission yourself.  i once new a Vietnam War vet who migrated to Sweden.  Now he lives in paradise.  So many Unibombers here, so few shitty forest cabins without good postal service.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Minimalist on March 01, 2019, 08:24:22 PM
With FOX I only expect lies.

And you're never disappointed, huh? LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 01, 2019, 08:03:22 PM

Case you forget I'm not american, so I only look at your politicians from a distance. But theres so much crap that comes from both sides regardless of whoevers in charge if i were american i'd be just as resolved not to vote for any sides just looking at the dirty tactics and corruption both your major parties have, and I wouldn't ever vote on the principle of the lesser of two evils.

its the south park analogy of a giant douche or a turb sandwich, where they tried to claim your always voting for either a giant douche or a turb sandwich. but why should anyone settle for either, and instead expect something better offered.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 08:54:08 PM
Case you forget I'm not american, so I only look at your politicians from a distance. But theres so much crap that comes from both sides regardless of whoevers in charge if i were american i'd be just as resolved not to vote for any sides just looking at the dirty tactics and corruption both your major parties have, and I wouldn't ever vote on the principle of the lesser of two evils.

its the south park analogy of a giant douche or a turb sandwich, where they tried to claim your always voting for either a giant douche or a turb sandwich. but why should anyone settle for either, and instead expect something better offered.
I would suspect that political parties for all times and in every location are flawed.  that still does not make them equal; one still has to pay attention how are they flawed and how destructive are those flaws.  Sometimes the lessor of all evils is the only option left.  I don't watch south park so your analogies of that program are lost on me--and I don't consider that program to be any great font of political expertise. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 01, 2019, 11:31:33 PM
I would suspect that political parties for all times and in every location are flawed.  that still does not make them equal; one still has to pay attention how are they flawed and how destructive are those flaws.  Sometimes the lessor of all evils is the only option left.  I don't watch south park so your analogies of that program are lost on me--and I don't consider that program to be any great font of political expertise.

Germany was flawed, the Soviet Union was flawed?  Really?  Hell holes, not even shit holes.  The US and GB are flawed.  Which doesn't say much except to an SJW.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: Cavebear on March 01, 2019, 03:23:14 PM
Sorry, Munch, but my point IS that both sides are not the same.  One side pushes the limits to their advantage more than the other.  And I'm on that "other" side. And I say that BECAUSE I am an old learned bear.

Let's just say that  50 years of political experience has shown me that when challenged, Republicans circle the wagons and fire outward against all enemies, while Democrats  look within and clean house. 

Democrats demanded among themselves that Al Franken had to go.  But Republicans will support Trump to the bitter end for much worse.

THAT'S the difference...

Can't argue with that, both parties suck.

Baruch

It gets worse.  Joe Rogan vs Alex Jones ... for 4 hours ... 6 million views.  Alex Jones had crazy guests.  He tends to take minor details and string them into giant conspiracies.

How about not only 3rd trimester unnecessary abortions (for organ harvesting = $50K per baby) but vivisection of live birth babies for organ harvesting = $500,000 per baby)?

They used to have horror stories about this happening to sick adults in criminal hospitals ... but what if, it is actually happening in the obstetrics clinic, not the geriatric clinic?

There is no morality with humans.  They are strictly motivated by bat shit crazy politics or the $$$ toward purely criminal behavior.

A communist is a capitalist, who wants their government and their mono-party to make the immoral profits rather than the giant corporations and their investors (often pension funds).  A left foot forward goose-step instead of a right foot forward goose-step.  Governments and corporations are both ... giant conspiracies.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.