News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How The News LIES To You

Started by Sal1981, February 25, 2019, 09:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgQ79evjylc

All about fake news and how subtle tricks of the media are used to mislead you.

Elon Musk's "Pravda" is needed more today than ever. ( https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/999367582271422464 )

Just do a short Google search on that, and you'll find article after article vilifying Elon Musk's idea, not because the idea does not have merit, but because they're scared it would delegitimize the media they work in. Because it would rate their work. A sort of a Rottentomatoes for media.

Cavebear

Some media use tricks to confuse people.  Are you talking about Trump and his routine use of "fake news" to mean "whatever facts he finds inconvenient"?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

I don't think he was ... all sides use it.  This is why humanity should be killed, indiscriminately.  Germ warfare anyone?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2019, 06:44:37 AM
I don't think he was ... all sides use it.  This is why humanity should be killed, indiscriminately.  Germ warfare anyone?

You fail the equivalency test.  You consider a slight push on one side to be the same as "despotic wanna be" on the other. 

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 08:29:54 AM
You fail the equivalency test.  You consider a slight push on one side to be the same as "despotic wanna be" on the other.

Equivalency fails the equivalence test ... you communist?  All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 08:29:54 AM

thats a ridiculous blanket statement. You missed Sals and Baruch's point, and only view things from one side, the side you dislike are the only ones who do this, when in fact they all do it.

I thought you were an old, learned bear. Surely you've live long enough to understand any political side is capable of the same things.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Draconic Aiur

That's why we call news biased. However I like CNN alot better than most.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on March 01, 2019, 03:06:55 PM
That's why we call news biased.

For plain old fact based reporting on the news it is hard to beat Associated Press and Reuters

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 02:59:47 PM
thats a ridiculous blanket statement. You missed Sals and Baruch's point, and only view things from one side, the side you dislike are the only ones who do this, when in fact they all do it.

I thought you were an old, learned bear. Surely you've live long enough to understand any political side is capable of the same things.

Sorry, Munch, but my point IS that both sides are not the same.  One side pushes the limits to their advantage more than the other.  And I'm on that "other" side. And I say that BECAUSE I am an old learned bear.

Let's just say that  50 years of political experience has shown me that when challenged, Republicans circle the wagons and fire outward against all enemies, while Democrats  look within and clean house. 

Democrats demanded among themselves that Al Franken had to go.  But Republicans will support Trump to the bitter end for much worse.

THAT'S the difference...

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 01, 2019, 03:23:14 PM
Sorry, Munch, but my point IS that both sides are not the same.  One side pushes the limits to their advantage more than the other.  And I'm on that "other" side. And I say that BECAUSE I am an old learned bear.

Let's just say that  50 years of political experience has shown me that when challenged, Republicans circle the wagons and fire outward against all enemies, while Democrats  look within and clean house. 

Democrats demanded among themselves that Al Franken had to go.  But Republicans will support Trump to the bitter end for much worse.

THAT'S the difference...

I'm only 38, and yet I've already drawn the conclusions all political systems are flawed and full of liars and cheats.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 03:44:27 PM
I'm only 38, and yet I've already drawn the conclusions all political systems are flawed and full of liars and cheats.

And they are.  But just because both sides do it doesn't mean that both sides do it to the same degree.  One sick kid kicks a dog once.  Another sick kid kills his whole family.  Are those equal? 

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 02:59:47 PM

He is a Puritan bear, from New England.  Infinitely superior to your Paddington bear, or that honey addict, Poo bear.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 01, 2019, 03:44:27 PM

Cynicism and nihilism goes way deeper.  I hope you manage to escape the Abyss.  Otherwise you will be an abandoned cat-lady man like Cavebear and me.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 01, 2019, 03:47:53 PM
And they are.  But just because both sides do it doesn't mean that both sides do it to the same degree.  One sick kid kicks a dog once.  Another sick kid kills his whole family.  Are those equal?

Yes.  Rhetorically because as human beings, they are both imperfect ... and as a Puritan (and all SJW are puritans, same as Muslim jihadis) compared to perfection, all must be exterminated to establish the purity you (people) require.  Right handed fanatic vs Left handed fanatic ... both in need of Frontal Lobotomies, to make life manageable for us Independent Centrists who are not fanatics.

A good civil war with millions dead, wouldn't solve a damn thing of course.  Heads the devil wins, tails the devil wins.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 01, 2019, 03:19:46 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

For plain old fact based reporting on the news it is hard to beat Associated Press and Reuters

I'm positive Reuters and AP would be rated high on a news-rating site. I find them to be respectable and objective.