Started by Baruch, February 24, 2019, 12:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Just leaders who do stupid things ...

Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Venezuela

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyOTgmDmek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAJrycrD6jg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK_CgcHrgNA

Leaders who are psychopathic/sociopathic rulers is a bad idea.

Need we even mention ancient history, like the killing fields of Cambodia?

Yes, the Left can justify all this evil shit.  Because the human mind is infinitely flexible, and the Left is good at limbo.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

Add South Africa to the list. The next one to go down the pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nURta8-zu4E

At least there is Wakanda.

Baruch

Depends.  See demagoguery works against the best current memes.  Back in the day, the demagogues would have used liberal democracy to cover their tactics ... as does post-colonialism or communism.  The problem is demagogues more than the ideological flavor of the week.

There were people in Britain back in the day, who wanted the Indian mutineers to win.  Also in America, people who idolized the natives.  Passions can invert.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: pr126 on February 24, 2019, 01:24:30 PM
Add South Africa to the list. The next one to go down the pan.

At least there is Wakanda.

It seems right and proper that a colonial State should eventually end. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2019, 06:49:25 AM
Death to America ;-)

Gee, thanks a lot...  Do you wish the Nazis had taken over Great Britain, or do you wish the Soviets had?  Winston did love Big Brother at the end...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 26, 2019, 08:11:13 AM
Gee, thanks a lot...  Do you wish the Nazis had taken over Great Britain, or do you wish the Soviets had?  Winston did love Big Brother at the end...

Sarc.  No, but liberals always betray their own countries, because of their pseudo-sophistication.  That and lots of bongs.  Most Americans today would be out helping Stalin during the Cold War.  And many of them did until 1991, when their hopes faded.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on February 26, 2019, 01:14:37 PM
Sarc.  No, but liberals always betray their own countries, because of their pseudo-sophistication.  That and lots of bongs.  Most Americans today would be out helping Stalin during the Cold War.  And many of them did until 1991, when their hopes faded.

I am frequently disturbed by people who can't tell the difference between reality and theory in political systems.  OF COURSE Communism is the best system in theory, but it will never happen and is unenforcable (the failure of the commons) without a brutal dictatorship.  And pure Democracy is anarchy and leads to witch trials and Robespierre so is equally impossible. 

All workable political systems walk a line between them.  Current evidence suggests that the best political systems for the majority of citizens is a sort of Social Democracy that balances rewards to the risk-takers AND protects the general citizenry from abject failure.

I have been successful in material terms.  But I did not build the road in front of my street and I did not educate the people I deal with daily who repair my roof or took care of my aged parents when I could no longer do so very well.  I did not train the people who provide me with clean water and I did not pay the education on the people who care for my cats or create this computer I am using to communicate with you.

That comes from a whole functional society where everyone gets a share of the advancements of the group.    Anyone who thinks they "made it on their own" is just a damn fool idiot.

It's like saying you baked a loaf of bread "from scratch".  Yeah, right.  Maybe you even grew the wheat.  Where did the wheat come from?   How to you grow wheat?  You start with a grass.  Did you make wheat from grass?

You get my point?   

Isaac Newton referred to "standing on the shoulders of Giants".  Actually, we mostly stand on the shoulders of common everyday people. The ones who patiently grew grasses for the seeds and saw a few better ones.  The ones who saw a pattern and said "why is this happening the same way every year.  No genius suddenly made the first spearpoint; it was lots if little ideas that ended up with one. 

Etc, etc, etc.  So I really don't want to hear a bunch of crap about how only this system works or only that one does.  The only systems that work are those that recognize all the little efforts here there and everywhere.  And WE AREN'T ENCOURAGING THAT TODAY!

And we won't again until we drop this nonsense about "winner take all" or "everyone is perfectly equal".  It is somewhere in the middle and I damn well want to see "the middle" start thriving again...

As Stan Lee used to say, 'nuff said".

Cavebear.

Baruch

Yes, theory and practice are different.  In theory ... screw theory, that is just BS.  In practice, we all die sooner or later.  The fact is ... humans are political.  Politics is evil.  Therefore humans are evil.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 01, 2019, 06:09:30 PM
Yes, theory and practice are different.  In theory ... screw theory, that is just BS.  In practice, we all die sooner or later.  The fact is ... humans are political.  Politics is evil.  Therefore humans are evil.

For you, cogently said...

You went from theory to practice to "All mammals have hair, whales have hair, therefore all mammals are whales" in a single post.  Congratulations...

Baruch

Well, not all evil is the same, just as some equal people are more equal than others, some evil people are more evil than others ... usually the same folks who think they are more equal ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 07, 2019, 06:29:19 PM
Well, not all evil is the same, just as some equal people are more equal than others, some evil people are more evil than others ... usually the same folks who think they are more equal ;-)

Indeed, not all evils are the same, but trying to equate equality with evil is a Trumpery-trick.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 14, 2019, 07:50:17 AM
Indeed, not all evils are the same, but trying to equate equality with evil is a Trumpery-trick.

If we are all equal, then we are all Hitler.  And that would be evil indeed.

Equality is insane.  Like saying we should all be sterile clone female worker bees in a hive, run by one of the recent D party candidates.  I vote .. bury you in an ant hill of army ants, so you can salute your queen properly?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.” ~ George Orwell

Both the Left, and Islam, erase history.  That is why I take a negative view of the antics of the SJW in the US.  I think it is wrong to try to erase Jefferson Davis or Robert E Lee ... we need to remember just how wrong they were.  Democrats y'know.

Notice how most of the D-senators abstained from voting on the Green New Deal today.  The only thing better than erasing history, is to avoid making it in the first place.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 14, 2019, 07:26:26 PM
If we are all equal, then we are all Hitler.  And that would be evil indeed.

Equality is insane.  Like saying we should all be sterile clone female worker bees in a hive, run by one of the recent D party candidates.  I vote .. bury you in an ant hill of army ants, so you can salute your queen properly?

There was nothing about Hitler that suggested "equality".