News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

When did fascism start in the US?

Started by Baruch, January 30, 2019, 12:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

"Rutherford Birchard Hayes, 19th President of the United States wrote:

The real difficulty is with the vast wealth and power in the hands of the few and the unscrupulous who represent or control capital. Hundreds of laws of Congress and the state legislatures are in the interest of these men and against the interests of workingmen. These need to be exposed and repealed. All laws on corporations, on taxation, on trusts, wills, descent, and the like, need examination and extensive change. This is a government of the people, by the people, and for the people no longer. It is a government of corporations, by corporations, and for corporations. -- How is this? - Diary (11 March 1888)"

And this was a Republican corruption.  Of course back then the Democrats were setting up Jim Crow ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SoldierofFortune

the ultra-rich familiea who possess much of the wealth of the world, bring their prosperity from the past. Nothing has changed so far since 1881.

now that money is not a problem. the nobles have begun seeking new pursues. supervising the humans' destiny. as you say Baruch, they think they know better what is better for the common population.

Baruch

"Those who the gods would destroy, they first make mad" ... this is always true of those who practice the seven cardinal sins.  Particularly pride=hubris.

Hitler - I can't lose.

Tojo - I can't lose.

Stalin - I can't lose.

Mussolini - I can't lose.

FDR & Churchill ... we can lose, and will, unless we are very careful.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

QuoteAs a matter of personal conviction, and without pretending to discuss the details or formulate the system, I feel that we shall ultimately have to consider the adoption of some such scheme as that of a progressive tax on all fortunes, beyond a certain amount, either given in life or devised or bequeathed upon death to any individual â€" a tax so framed as to put it out of the power of the owner of one of these enormous fortunes to hand on more than a certain amount to any one individual; the tax of course, to be imposed by the national and not the state government. Such taxation should, of course, be aimed merely at the inheritance or transmission in their entirety of those fortunes swollen beyond all healthy limits.
â€" Theodore Roosevelt   1906
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Cavebear

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on January 31, 2019, 01:14:28 PM
the ultra-rich familiea who possess much of the wealth of the world, bring their prosperity from the past. Nothing has changed so far since 1881.

now that money is not a problem. the nobles have begun seeking new pursues. supervising the humans' destiny. as you say Baruch, they think they know better what is better for the common population.

I should have asked before, but why "1881"?  Other than Garfield's assassination, I can't think of anything notable.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Middle of the Gilded Age?  Basically 1872-1892.  Both ends were "silver crises".  This was the period of increasing "British" gold standard hegemony.  And that was broke by 1912, 20 years later.  Gold standards are usually deflationary.  Which can be quite as much hard to live in as inflationary periods.  War is inflationary.  The British Empire, and the other gold based currency countries, were in economic stagnation at the end of the 19th century (gold supply restraining financial and population growth), having peaked out from prior industrialization and colonialism.  The only way to keep it up was cannibalizing other European powers.  Hence Lebensraum for Austria in the Balkans, and Germany in Russia.  Those E Europeans were considered the same as Blacks and Native Americans in the 19th century by the US.  France and Britain wanted to prevent further growth by the Austrian and German Empires.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlNFVblfDLo

The British Empire at that time, used the Pound, which like today's Euro, was a tool of merchantilist unfair advantage to benefit them at the expense of the colonies and their trading partners.  Exactly like Germany today in the EU/Euro.  The unfair advantage of the Pound, wasn't defeated until after WW II, because of capitulation to the US over getting access to the Marshall Plan.  The US saved Britain, but at the cost of what was left of their Empire (also France as in Vietnam).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxrzJ9GmQMg

With LBJ we get both war and peace at the same time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Value of the British Pound in 1912 was $5 per Pound.  And the inflation over the next 100 years is great ... so

1913 - 2013 an item originally costing $5 now would cost $117.66.  And today the value of the Pound to the dollar isn't $5 per Pound, but $1.32 ... so worse than it seems at first.

That is the extent to which the disassembly of the British Empire and the Pound-cartel amounted to.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Crooked international banking ... to keep the UK going, and the US provides similar services for non-Americans ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np_ylvc8Zj8

Think of Rothschilds and Medici.

BCCI is mentioned from back in 1980, that was a secret Vatican bank and CIA/Bush family bank.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 03, 2019, 05:11:50 PM
Crooked international banking ... to keep the UK going, and the US provides similar services for non-Americans ...

Think of Rothschilds and Medici.

BCCI is mentioned from back in 1980, that was a secret Vatican bank and CIA/Bush family bank.

I hope you do realize that none of your posts mentioned anything specific to "1881".  So why did you choose that specific date to mention?  Was it just a another rectal extraction?

Baruch

Every year in the UK/US is Crime Year.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 04, 2019, 05:10:30 AM
Every year in the UK/US is Crime Year.

On the list of murders per capita by nation, the US is 94th and the UK 185th...  Just so you don't shoot yourself in the foot next time...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on March 07, 2019, 05:28:44 PM
On the list of murders per capita by nation, the US is 94th and the UK 185th...  Just so you don't shoot yourself in the foot next time...

Yes, Brits are better on average than Americans.  I won't deny that ;-)  They sent their bad seed here long ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Minimalist

We started down the road when the British sailed away.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Baruch

Quote from: Minimalist on March 09, 2019, 11:39:27 AM
We started down the road when the British sailed away.

We can't even do English properly, now.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on March 09, 2019, 02:49:42 PM
We can't even do English properly, now.

Indeed, thee be a improper heathen and lacking morals....