News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Biblical Archeology?

Started by Baruch, February 18, 2019, 06:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 22, 2019, 06:37:13 PM
No, actually, it when they try to fit the site to their theology.  I saw a religious show once where they decided where Soddom might have been, found a cave nearby, and said "see we told you Lot and his daughters stayed in a cave, here is the cave, so that MUST be Soddom over there and therefore this must by the cave, QED".

Communists find all archeology to bear out dialectical materialism ... too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Biblical archaeology has caused more damage in the Middle East than all the wars put together.

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on March 05, 2020, 08:54:03 PM
Biblical archaeology has caused more damage in the Middle East than all the wars put together.

Haha ... Muslims would destroy anything predating the local Muslim conquest.  They invented erasing history, centuries before George Orwell.

Biblical archeology is backward.  Trying to fit the archeology to the Bible instead of fitting the Bible to the archeology.  If you stand a Biblical archeologist on his head, he will see things as they actually were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE

I have taught Biblical Hebrew by the way.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 08:59:39 PM
Haha ... Muslims would destroy anything predating the local Muslim conquest.  They invented erasing history, centuries before George Orwell.

Biblical archeology is backward.  Trying to fit the archeology to the Bible instead of fitting the Bible to the archeology.  If you stand a Biblical archeologist on his head, he will see things as they actually were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2SvqhfevE

I have taught Biblical Hebrew by the way.

I think that you find the Christian Emperors destroyed the Library of Alexandria.

Baruch

Politicians always burn books, and all other recording media.  They don't like being reminded of their gaffs ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 09:19:35 PM
Politicians always burn books, and all other recording media.  They don't like being reminded of their gaffs ;-)

John Milton would have nothing of it, except for Catholics.

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on March 05, 2020, 09:21:14 PM
John Milton would have nothing of it, except for Catholics.

Milton invented the early modern false meme about Satan, building on the late medieval false meme devised by Dante.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Gregory

Quote from: Baruch on March 05, 2020, 09:24:15 PM
Milton invented the early modern false meme about Satan, building on the late medieval false meme devised by Dante.

The Devil is a rebel without a hope in hell.

Baruch

Quote from: Gregory on March 06, 2020, 02:45:46 AM
The Devil is a rebel without a hope in hell.

Demons are in their natural environment.  They enjoy the dry heat.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Gregory on March 05, 2020, 09:09:36 PM
I think that you find the Christian Emperors destroyed the Library of Alexandria.

I think you'll find "the" Library of Alexandria had for all practical purposes ceased to exist before Constantine became emperor.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Baruch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 06, 2020, 03:33:53 PM
I think you'll find "the" Library of Alexandria had for all practical purposes ceased to exist before Constantine became emperor.

Don't pick on the non-encyclopedic.  Julius Caesar was the first accidental book burner.  Cleopatra's opponents fought back when Julius and Cleo were trapped in the palace in Alexandria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrRiJAWDiqQ

This is how the Deep State always puppets their useful egomaniacs.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I recall reading somewhere that Cleopatra wasn't all that beautiful.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 06, 2020, 06:21:43 PM
I recall reading somewhere that Cleopatra wasn't all that beautiful.

We have several portraits in stone and on coin.  She was no Nefertiti.  But she was the smartest most powerful woman on the planet at that point.  She knew at least two languages, maybe four others as well.  Her attraction was that she could hold her own in conversation with equally smart men like Caesar.  She was 21 when she got Caesar to side with her in the Egyptian civil war.  Caesar was a lady killer, but was never controlled by any of them.  She could also beguile less smart men like Anthony.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.