News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Wall of emergency

Started by Mr.Obvious, February 15, 2019, 04:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Obvious

So, Trump declared a state of emergency to try and force his wall through?

I don't think he'll succeed, mind you. But the fact that this reeks of desperation is not fulfilling either. The schadenfreude is getting stale, even for me. This president is acting like a spoiled child, and he holds one of the highest offices in the world.

But what I think is especially draining on the comedic factor, is not that it will fail. But that it also won't lead to any reprimandation for Trump, I believe. This kind of stuff is just going to go on and on. And yes, while the base-absurdity of it all is still bafflingly entertaining; the joke is getting old.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Unbeliever

The emergency is that we have a Russian operative in the White House, the result of a coup by a foreign nation. And the Republican party seems, by and large, to be traitors right along with the traitor-in-chief.

Trump doesn't give a damn about the stupid wall, his agenda is to cause as much disruption and chaos as possible while he can. We'll be really lucky if Russia doesn't invade while we're at our weakest.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

PickelledEggs

He's a professional cry baby. I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated yet, tbh. Not that I condone murder, but he's done a lot of stupid and detrimentally economically staggering shit in these last 2 years. Constantly. And it's been pissing a lot of people off.

Munch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 15, 2019, 04:37:47 PM
The emergency is that we have a Russian operative in the White House, the result of a coup by a foreign nation. And the Republican party seem, by and large, to be traitors right along with the traitor-in-chief.

Trump doesn't give a damn about the stupid wall, his agenda is to cause as much disruption and chaos as possible while he can. We'll be really lucky if Russia doesn't invade while we're at our weakest.

How exactly does it benefit someone who's goals really are just hedonistic, as in wealth and prestige, to cause chaos and disruption?

He's not the joker, he's more like jabba the Hutt
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Munch on February 15, 2019, 04:48:45 PM
How exactly does it benefit someone who's goals really are just hedonistic, as in wealth and prestige, to cause chaos and disruption?

You (nor I) can't get inside his head to really know just what his goals are. The western banks stopped lending him money, so he had to go to Russian banks for his loans. Now he may well be trying to punish the western banks while at the same time rewarding the Russian banks. He isn't finished yet, by the way, so he hasn't done all the disruption he intends. And who knows what the Russians discussed with all those Republicans who went to Moscow last July - did they get paid, or threatened, or what? Does Putin have "kompromat" on Trump and other Republicans? Who knows?
God Not Found

drunkenshoe

I don't get how can he legally declare a state of emergency. No war, now civil war or a threat of civil war, right? No threat of any kind -apart from him- on the country I mean.

How can he do it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

He may not legally be able to do it. We'll have to wait and see, but he'll get a lot of push back from the Dems and even some Republicans.
God Not Found

Unbeliever

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 15, 2019, 04:48:11 PM
He's a professional cry baby. I'm surprised he hasn't been assassinated yet, tbh. Not that I condone murder, but he's done a lot of stupid and detrimentally economically staggering shit in these last 2 years. Constantly. And it's been pissing a lot of people off.

Assassinating him would just make him a martyr, and turn him into a legend in the minds of his devoted fans. Besides, if that happened Pence would be the new president, and I don't think anyone wants that - except, of course, Pence.
God Not Found

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 15, 2019, 06:00:24 PM
He may not legally be able to do it. We'll have to wait and see, but he'll get a lot of push back from the Dems and even some Republicans.

Well, needlessly to say, they have to stop it in any case. State of emergency opens many other ways to do a lot of other things besides the wall bullshit. I mean, it is State of Emergency. We have suffered from it for years after the coup attempt. It works the same everywhere. It opens easy doors, short cuts to stop this, turn this around, arrest that.

Can they investigate a president under state of emergency? Can they investigate his tax returns for example? This isn't really about that stupid wall, is it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on February 15, 2019, 04:10:20 PM
So, Trump declared a state of emergency to try and force his wall through?

I don't think he'll succeed, mind you. But the fact that this reeks of desperation is not fulfilling either. The schadenfreude is getting stale, even for me. This president is acting like a spoiled child, and he holds one of the highest offices in the world.

But what I think is especially draining on the comedic factor, is not that it will fail. But that it also won't lead to any reprimandation for Trump, I believe. This kind of stuff is just going to go on and on. And yes, while the base-absurdity of it all is still bafflingly entertaining; the joke is getting old.

Of course not.  All human endeavor fails.  That is a given.  What about the EU .. just another human failure.

What could get interesting is US civil war, with nukes.  Gotta love a good radiation burn ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Well, with a sufficiently high SPF we should be safe enough...
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 15, 2019, 06:30:02 PM
Well, with a sufficiently high SPF we should be safe enough...

You bring the lawyers, he will bring the nukes ... after all, a California politician already threatened US gun owners with nukes.  Time to make a first strike?

Democrats .. agents of drug trafficking and human trafficking.  What is not to dislike?

Once upon a time, Democrats were red, not blue.  So maybe a new slogan?  "Better Glue Than Blue" aka where donkeys go to die.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 15, 2019, 06:16:34 PM
Well, needlessly to say, they have to stop it in any case. State of emergency opens many other ways to do a lot of other things besides the wall bullshit. I mean, it is State of Emergency. We have suffered from it for years after the coup attempt. It works the same everywhere. It opens easy doors, short cuts to stop this, turn this around, arrest that.

Can they investigate a president under state of emergency? Can they investigate his tax returns for example? This isn't really about that stupid wall, is it?

Global thermonuclear war .. Erdogan is Caliph, and ally of Putin.  Move out from Turkey while you still can?

The original coup started under Devil Obama and his arch-demon, Hillary, back in Summer 2006.  Thank G-d for Wikileaks.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on February 15, 2019, 04:48:11 PM

All Democrats condone murder ... of the truth.  Pissed off people can go to cool off in FEMA camps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 15, 2019, 04:48:45 PM

PC incorrect against fat people!!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.