Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Guys... this has never happened before

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, October 29, 2018, 05:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 03, 2018, 01:52:43 PM
Pray in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up the fastest. LOL
Ha!  I like that!  I grew up hearing--Want in one hand and spit in the other and see which one fills up the fastest.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 03, 2018, 06:01:12 PM
Must be getting chilly. Cats will put aside their differences when they just want to get warm.

Wow, the original grumpy cat himself. Welcome back. :) 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

They have you where they want you. Now their just waiting for the mothership.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 03, 2018, 06:01:12 PM
Must be getting chilly. Cats will put aside their differences when they just want to get warm.
That's a good theory if you don't know the cats, but these two couldn't be more chummy. Drang (the black one) has a history of never sitting on anyone's lap besides my younger brother's. Him sitting on my lap at all without me putting him there is the real unusual part. The fact that Sturm also happened to be there was just icing on the cake.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

trdsf

I dunno, I tend to keep the apartment on the cool side even in the winter, and Althea is only very rarely a lap cat.

However, as soon as I have settled myself into bed and cease moving, she climbs up onto me (back, side or front, she doesn't care) and conks out.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Since I turn down the thermostat at night, it gets chillier as the dark drags on.  That's when the cats go from sleeping all around me on the heated waterbed to seeking space under the covers with me for extra warmth.  Iza drapes over my hips, Marley curls up just off contact, and Ayla crawls up along my ribs and purrs. 

And it never gets below 68F here.  My cats are wimps.  And I love it.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!