Author Topic: Any gamers around here?  (Read 372112 times)

Offline trdsf

Re: Any gamers around here?
« Reply #3750 on: April 14, 2021, 11:28:42 AM »
And I thought my 32" was pretty nifty. :))
It was a perfect opportunity -- I got my annual bonus and eight months of retroactive raise, and figured it was time to dispense with my old tube set that I'd had since 1996.  Finally stepped into the 21st century.  :)

I have to say, I'm really pleased with it.  I wanted something I wouldn't need to upgrade for a long time and between Roku, Plex and Link, my entertainment needs are fully met.  As I recall, I paid about the same (~$400) for it as I did the tube set it replaced.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

« Reply #3751 on: April 14, 2021, 12:47:46 PM »
It was a perfect opportunity -- I got my annual bonus and eight months of retroactive raise, and figured it was time to dispense with my old tube set that I'd had since 1996.  Finally stepped into the 21st century.  :)

I have to say, I'm really pleased with it.  I wanted something I wouldn't need to upgrade for a long time and between Roku, Plex and Link, my entertainment needs are fully met.  As I recall, I paid about the same (~$400) for it as I did the tube set it replaced.
I can remember (somewhere in the misty, misty deep past) my first color tv.  It was a huge 19'' and was COLOR!  I can clearly remember the old tv I grew up with--a huge box, with a small screen, black and white--RCA; and I can remember when we first got it.  I could then watch The Lone Ranger on the tube rather than listen on the radio.  The Whistler, Range Rider, Cisco Kid, St. Preston and Yukon King, and Rin Tin Tin were must watches!! :))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Online Mr.Obvious

• Atheist Mantis
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • The rules are made up, and the points don't matter
« Reply #3752 on: April 18, 2021, 05:43:53 PM »
started playing dead war 4 with my brother.
Only did the first level, played it a few times online with others on my own after that.
Hoping to play each level first with my brother.

Fun game. Shooting works great and feels amazing. That's about all there needs to be for this little stress-reliever.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, requesting 69 last night.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Offline trdsf

« Reply #3753 on: April 18, 2021, 07:35:17 PM »
I can remember (somewhere in the misty, misty deep past) my first color tv.  It was a huge 19'' and was COLOR!  I can clearly remember the old tv I grew up with--a huge box, with a small screen, black and white--RCA; and I can remember when we first got it.  I could then watch The Lone Ranger on the tube rather than listen on the radio.  The Whistler, Range Rider, Cisco Kid, St. Preston and Yukon King, and Rin Tin Tin were must watches!! :))
We got our first color TV in 1968: the deal was if Mom had a girl, we'd get a color TV.  So me and my little brother were staying at Grandma and Grandpa's house while Mom and Dad are at the hospital (I was nearly 5, my brother was 2).  Finally, Dad called, asked for me, and said "We're getting a color TV," and I announced to the family, "I have a sister!"  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

« Reply #3754 on: Today at 01:27:45 AM »

Got a kick out of this. The guy managed to beat Skyrim without directional inputs; no left stick, and no WASD. There are a number of obstacles that complicate things, but he finds a solution (usually a bug) for each one. It's amusing seeing the dedication he puts into seeing this challenge through to the end.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Online Hydra009

« Reply #3755 on: Today at 03:37:19 PM »

Basically, this is Equilibrium: the video game.  Roguelike with gun kata galore.  It knows what it wants to be and sticks to it.

I'm strongly considering getting this and playing it with my brother, which should be a hoot with friendly fire on.  We beat the first three levels of Battletoads together, which is some Pacific Rim type stuff.  Soul resonance, go!
« Last Edit: Today at 04:27:34 PM by Hydra009 »