Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 23, 2021, 05:46:11 AM
Okay... But... why?
The original still holds up really well. Even by today's standards the graphics still look more than adequate. No real bugs in the gameplay. I mean sure... maybe it would be fun to have the second game's zero G rather than the orginal's in a playthrough of the game, but that's about it.

I'm actually worried this game will play more like deadspace 3, which I will say I still enjoyed but which was almost objectively the worst installment of the main series.

Dead Space 1 is literally unplayable on the PC, at least for me.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on July 23, 2021, 07:27:42 AM
Dead Space 1 is literally unplayable on the PC, at least for me.

What for?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

trdsf

Looking forward to the PC version of Jelle's Marble League.  I'm in on the Indiegogo.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Bought nsane trilogy, crash team racing nitro fueled and crash bandicoot 4 for the ps4 in bundle. Playing the first game now.
The nostalgia hits hard fam

drunkenshoe

Guys, do you think it is worth to buy a game in early access to avoid a price rise? The game in question is Medieval Dynasty. Medieval survival.

https://youtu.be/0Cmj9m9Ojbs

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 01, 2021, 10:33:31 AM
Guys, do you think it is worth to buy a game in early access to avoid a price rise? The game in question is Medieval Dynasty. Medieval survival.

https://youtu.be/0Cmj9m9Ojbs
I have bought a couple like that--early access.  I don't do that any more.  Early access can mean 'never' finished too often.  So, instead of early access, I wait for first sale. :) 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

There's apparently been some controversy surrounding some changes implemented by Nexus mods. I can see merits on both ends, but when there's a company under fire from the little guys that make them successful, I tend to support the latter. This new collections system could be convenient, but Nexus should have communicated with mod authors to make sure it was implemented in a way that didn't fuck them over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eyKnPdSdbY
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Meanwhile, at Blizzard/Activision:

Bet they wish they could feign/hearth out of this one.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 23, 2021, 12:23:27 PM
What for?

I don't know why I just saw this, but yeah the controller support is just horrible and mouse and keyboard is also really janky. Almost impossible to move or do anything.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2021, 03:40:52 AM
I don't know why I just saw this, but yeah the controller support is just horrible and mouse and keyboard is also really janky. Almost impossible to move or do anything.

Fair enough.
Can't claim to have the same problems on my old 360.

Shiranu

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 14, 2021, 05:28:31 AM
Fair enough.
Can't claim to have the same problems on my old 360.

I really wish sometimes I hadn't sold my old consoles, just because the ports that do exist for the PC are often really poor quality.

Hydra009

Definitely not related to any current events, I just think this is interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFtlLlXda9g

Shiranu

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2021, 11:19:55 AM
I have bought a couple like that--early access.  I don't do that any more.  Early access can mean 'never' finished too often.  So, instead of early access, I wait for first sale. :)

Yeah I have done the same thing, but now it is 149L instead of 70L in the early access. :/ LOL
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

I still enjoy simple FPSs like the updated Quake on my Win PC, but I do get some Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from the mouse. Can you guys recommend a different controller?