News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Sorginak on May 24, 2021, 10:09:16 PM
I was considering purchasing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition package from Origin for the PC, because I've never played the first two, but then I was like, nah~.

It's so worth it imo, probably my second favorite game series.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

I don't have Mass Effect, but they did add the SSV Normandy SR1 to No Man's Sky for a promotional crossover. I've got it in my fleet right now.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

I've still got No Man's Sky just sitting in my Steam library. One of these days, I'll actually play the damn thing. But there are so many games, and I have to do adult stuff these days! REEEE!
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 25, 2021, 11:58:43 AM
I've still got No Man's Sky just sitting in my Steam library. One of these days, I'll actually play the damn thing. But there are so many games, and I have to do adult stuff these days! REEEE!

Yeah, I do that, too.  I purchased Far Cry 5 awhile ago, but other things have come first--for some reason.  I don't even have the excuse of having  adult things to do.  First, I find that I am in childhood #3 (at least--probably never really grew up), so adult things take a back seat these days.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mr.Obvious

Downloaded gravity rush remastered.
An interesting game mechanic where you don't fly but decouple from gravity and fall in any direction you want. Can get a tad confusing, but that is part of the charm. Doesn't seem like a hard game, unless you want to complete every challenge in full. Still at the beginning, of course, but I think this will prove a good game to switch up with my zombie war 4 and rdr2.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Borderlands 3 is now on sale on Steam.  Has anybody here played it?  If so, do you think it is playable on solo?  I spent hundreds of hours on Borderlands 2, but solo I just could not knock off the biggest bosses.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

I enjoyed my first play through, and it's def doable solo... Was trying it again last month and wasn't struggling too much.

I think it is worth a playthrough,  the gun play is better but the story isn't quite on par with 2... so come in with reasonable expectations and it's a fun game.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on May 26, 2021, 07:36:14 PM
I enjoyed my first play through, and it's def doable solo... Was trying it again last month and wasn't struggling too much.

I think it is worth a playthrough,  the gun play is better but the story isn't quite on par with 2... so come in with reasonable expectations and it's a fun game.
Thanks.  It would be one of those sale on Steam purchases that will sit in my game lineup for awhile. 

Blackleaf

Eh. I played Borderlands 2 a long time ago on...whatever console my brother got it for. Couldn't get into it. If I recall correctly, they gave it away for free on Steam to promote the third game, so I got it for myself then and gave it another try. It just doesn't click with me. I don't think I'm a looter shooter kind of guy, though.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

I loved Borderlands 1.  Hell-burbia ftw.  So very difficult to win.  I'm not particularly good at sniping, but I was pretty good at laying down walls of bullets with a machine gun.  Throw down enough bullets and you don't have to be very precise with the weak points.

I could never get into 2 for some odd reason (most people say it's basically a supercharged Borderlands 1)  All I know is that I kept running into enemies who would shrug off my shots, and then practically instagib me, even when I had good gear and they were roughly the same level as me.  That got real old real fast.

Never tried 3 because some weird company got their hooks into it and kept it from showing up at my normal storefronts for quite some time.

Mike Cl

Good to see that others had a problem with Borderlands 2.  Confession time--I put in about 1800 hours into that game.  I kept reading that it was easy to solo.  I kept trying to find out where I was weak; and kept getting eaten up by the major bosses.  I kept growing my characters, finding more loot but still getting my head handed to me with each major boss.  I like hack and slash, and looters well enough.  But I was finally frustrated enough to stop playing it.

Another set of games I like are the Civ types; find I don't like Civ VI all that well, but Civ V still holds interest.  Long ago, I had a train sim that I liked.  Been looking for another, but so far the ones on Steam have been giving out enough negative reviews that I'm still just looking.

Hydra009

I've been playing more Fallout New Vegas.  This time with Vortex, which did a helluva job managing my mods.

This is a challenge run (gonna stab Caesar so bad) on hard difficulty with hardcore mode.  Definitely gotta plan my moves carefully.  Going with the NCR-Brotherhood truce with Boomer allies.  Everyone else is expendable.

I have Conelrad radio going and man, oh man, are there some seriously creepy atomic bomb songs!

Bomb, bomb, the hydrogen bomb
It's a big loud noise and you're real gone
Bomb, bomb, the hydrogen bomb

Edit:  managed to get to The Strip while still level 3.  Heh.

trdsf

Illuminati: Confirmed blew through all of its stretch goals on Kickstarter, so a proper online version of Illuminati and Illuminati: New World Order are in the pipeline now, as well as the new Confirmed version.

I love games that you can only really play with friends who will forgive you, or strangers that you will never see again.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

I've been thinking a lot about Fallout New Vegas and which ending is the best, both for the fictional inhabitants of that world and my own personal tastes.

4 options:
NCR victory
Caesar's Legion victory
Independent with Mr House
Independent with Yes Man

A lot of players choose the Independent option, which I strongly disagree with.  House is at best a benevolent dictator, and we see in the ending slides that his rule is far from benevolent.  The trains do run on time and Vegas is no longer an active warzone, but that's about it.

Yes Man is even worse.  He shows worrying signs of sentience, his loyalty is questionable at best, and his need to be "more assertive" is a Fat Man-sized red flag, so giving him absolute power strikes me as every bit the reckless and foolish decision as the global nuclear war.

Caesar's Legion is a slave state with a strong misogynist streak, backwards and disgusting.  Politics aside, they're needlessly brutal and hopelessly maladaptive.  Lacking industry or know-how, and getting by producing only slaves and warriors, they pale in comparison to the actual Roman Empire.  They're essentially the Manson clan cosplaying as Romans.  'Nuff said.

NCR is the only faction that is even theoretically answerable to the people since it's the only faction with democracy.  Despite some corruption, questionable alliances (Crimson Caravan), and the burden of taxation, they undeniably bring trade, science, and the rule of law - a restoration of the old world.  And if you win over the Brotherhood of Steel, both factions patrol the Mojave and keep it reasonably safe.  In my view, this is the only faction that truly brings both peace and progress, making it the only sensible choice.

SvZurich

Hydra, I ended up going NCR for the potential stability.  After all, in Fallout 1 I did help create the NCR.  I want New Vegas to have active trade and patrols on a shared dime.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are AWESOMESAUCE!  If you haven't played them, but the Mass Effect rerelease.  As I paid for every bit of content for all 4 games when they were new, I'm waiting for a sale.

No Man's Sky has been fun to return to, but I think I'll just stick to Creative Mode so I don't have to grind, and can enjoy my Paradise World that isn't exactly my idea of a paradise.  No oxygen, poisonous cyclones which I haven't see yet, pretty purple grass and blue water.  I live on a floating island in my 35 story tower and am currently digging for more basement levels.  I'm pleased to see that pets have been added.

Borderlands 3 is still Borderlands, but I hate the Influencer characters and my inability to not be irritated by them.

Been playing a LOT of Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn on my PS3 and some Animal Crossing.  About to make time for Shin Megami Tensai III Nocturne on PC to see how improved it is from the one on my PS3.  Hope Parasite Eve is redone for PC and/or Switch.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.