News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 27, 2020, 12:34:01 AM
And for some reason, the aliens really love attacking the crap out of Canada.  That's like 80% of alien activity right there.  Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, etc.  My troops know all the local bars.  South America and Africa remain pristine, but Canada gets raided every Tuesday lol.

Poutine.

Blackleaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1bKkUsrs_c

To be fair, I don't think a developer's first ever open world RPG should be compared to a Rockstar title with many years and sequels to improve with. Of course, this is 90% CD Projekt Red's fault for hyping the game up for so long. But man, GTAV still holds up incredibly well. Holy shit. Watching these comparisons makes me want to play it again. It's so damn good. There are so many details they didn't need, and no one would have expected, and yet they put it in anyway.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Finished horizon zero dawn.
Main game 98% completed. One more tropee and then I'll get two. Might be one of the handful of games I'd have completed 100%.
But then still there are two more trophées on game+ and one of those seems rediculous hard to obtain. So I probably won't because I'm not a masochist.
Enjoying the frozen wilds dlc right now. Want to finish that. But I am looking forward to the next game on my list. The last of us (part one).
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7JGQ3sCIl0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oN5v0mcTMs

At first, I thought this could be fixed.  Now, I don't think this can be fixed.  Bugs are one thing, a very shallow and very linear RPG is another.  We were told this would be a more freeform game with meaningful choices.  In reality, it's less choice-driven than Skyrim or Fallout 4.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 13, 2021, 06:39:15 PM
Finished horizon zero dawn.
Main game 98% completed. One more tropee and then I'll get two. Might be one of the handful of games I'd have completed 100%.
But then still there are two more trophées on game+ and one of those seems rediculous hard to obtain. So I probably won't because I'm not a masochist.
Enjoying the frozen wilds dlc right now. Want to finish that. But I am looking forward to the next game on my list. The last of us (part one).

I've heard good things about Horizon: Zero Dawn. Robot dinosaurs? Weird, but cool. lol
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 13, 2021, 09:39:54 PM
I've heard good things about Horizon: Zero Dawn. Robot dinosaurs? Weird, but cool. lol
It was fun! Hoping the sequel will come out to ps4 as well, not just ps5.

drunkenshoe

After all that disappointment and angry rant how is Cyberpunk has 'largely positive' feedback on Steam? Something happened in this short time or just hype?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Finished 'unravel 2' with my brother.
We each bought Tomb raider temple of Osiris now, so we can play another puzzle game together.
The Tomb raider game is fun. But I really must recommend the Swedish game ' unravel 2'. Very relaxing, a lot of cooperative fun. Great to unwind.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 16, 2021, 04:30:54 AMAfter all that disappointment and angry rant how is Cyberpunk has 'largely positive' feedback on Steam? Something happened in this short time or just hype?
I noticed that, too.  A combination of things, I think.  PCs generally run Cyberpunk well and Cyberpunk's linear nature is a lot less noticeable on the first playthrough.  Plus, the game has a solid aesthetic and music.  That the people reviewing were largely people who pre-ordered and therefore the people most likely to have the most positive perception.

So partially due to good (but not stellar) gameplay and partially from hype.

Shiranu

Just beat my second play through of Hades, just 8 more I think for the final ending.

I had never played a game like it, but holy shit I think it's my favorite game in the last couple years, Gris aside (and that is closer to a story than a game).

Starting Ori and the Blind Forest now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

I just got around to finishing Jedi: Fallen Order. Very good. I don't even like Souls-like games, but this one won me over. This is the kind of Star Wars game I'd been waiting for. The combat is, of course, inspired by the Demon/Dark Souls games, but the level design is Metroidvanian, with paths and secrets that become available to you as you learn new abilities. The story is engaging, and it comes to a logical conclusion, which leaves open possibilities of a sequel. I still have lots of areas I haven't explored, though. There are some optional, legendary enemies you can fight on each planet, which can be even harder to beat than the final boss. And, of course, there's lightsaber customization. You can change the shape, material, and color of your lightsaber, and you find more pieces to use as you go. Personally, I like using this gold-colored material with an orange blade.

Next on my list of games to finish: Doom Eternal and Red Dead Redemption 2. I've played some of Doom Eternal, but none of RDR2. The former really kicked my butt.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Red Dead 2 sounds pretty cool, I love that setting, ngl.

But I prefer strategy games, so when this popped up in my gaming feed, I'm strongly considering giving it a shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ7pwRzdrE4

I'm going to industrialize TF out of America.  Railroads from sea to shining sea.

It's an indy game, so no high expectations (the animations and combat seem to be the weak links) but it looks pretty historically-accurate and engaging, so that's nice.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

Been playing a lot of Panzer Corps, trying it out on Rommel. The Grand Campaign was always fun, but I never beat it on Field Marshal and now onto Rommel. Oy
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mr.Obvious

Finally finished the frozen wilds dlc for horizon zero dawn.
What a fucking beast of a dlc. It was the best part of the entire game and has me hoping the sequal will be released on ps4 as well. God damn, it was just improved in just about any way that could.

Finally, I can try to catch up to my brother's progress in the last of us.