News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Wow, a year more work? So it is pretty worse than expected. Esp. that AI thing I saw posted from reddit...But doesn't all that amount to lying about a product for hype?

So this thing is nowhere near what people were told. I don't get it. 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 16, 2020, 02:46:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGgkF7fh4MA

Oof.

I watched the first 2 min 58 secs. Nice light reflection in the rain, lol. This game could die squeezed between all that gross hype and rage caused by the product arrived.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

This feels like another No Man's Sky situation, where they hype the game to impossible expectations, outright lie to people, and then release the game as a mess to be fixed later.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 16, 2020, 04:39:22 PM
This feels like another No Man's Sky situation, where they hype the game to impossible expectations, outright lie to people, and then release the game as a mess to be fixed later.
I'm much more willing to forgive what happened to No Man's Sky considering what Internet Historian was able to determine about that whole ordeal. CDPR made the Witcher games. They don't have an excuse to still be doing this crap.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

I'm loving XCOM so far, though it is a bit annoying that the aliens scatter upon discovery and take advantageous positions, essentially giving them free cover and excellent firing arcs while my forces have to run through a gauntlet of plasma fire to do the same.

And yes, I've missed 4 shots in a row at 80% hit chance.  Inconceivable.

But nothing beats the thrill of shotgunning sectoids.  Those little gray bastards deserve worse.  Play with my mind and I'll splatter yours.

The only thing better than that is blowing away Exalt forces.  Can you imagine some huge global threat to humanity and humanity's finest scientists are working hard to find a solution while some people are actively trying to make it worse?  It's utterly inconceivable.

Blackleaf

Reviewers: "Don't buy Cyberpunk 2077 yet. It's a buggy mess. Give it at least a few more months."

Also reviewers: "10 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do in Cyberpunk 2077"

"Top 10 Easter Eggs in Cyberpunk 2077"

"Ten Items You MUST HAVE in Cyberpunk 2077"

"Cyberpunk 2077: Ten Things the Game Doesn't Tell You"

"Get The FASTEST Car in Cyberpunk 2077 For FREE"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Cyberpunk players are now experiencing corrupted saves

W̸̡̏̈a̶̖̽kÌ·Ì"͖͍͗eÌ·Í Ì–Ì¢ ̴̧͍͝u̵͎̹̕p̴̧̏Í" ̴͚͝s̸̨̃a̵͚͘Í"m̶Í,̱͎̈ũ̴̻͚͆rÌ·Ì,,̼aÌ·Í,,̦i̷̛̙,̵Ì,,͇̞ ̸͌Ì'̨̠w̵Ì'Ì¡e̸̪̗͋ ̶̘̺̕h̴̘͝a̵Í'Ì«v̸Í,͈̙̽e̸Í,,Í• ̵͈̉ä̸Í,,Í™ ̸̇Ì'̬c̴̺̉ị̷̆tÌ·Í Ì•Ì¡ẙ̴̟̱ ̸Ì...̝͚̊t̶Ì,,̤o̸͖͇͋̎

Gamers can tolerate a lot of glitchy/buggy stuff, but losing your saves in an RPG is crossing a big line.  That stuff isn't just a minor annoyance, it's a huge inconvenience, essentially erases a gaming session or two or twelve, and creates a lot of unease in players thereafter.  No one really wants to play an RPG with that sort of cloud hanging over them.

CD Projekt Red has already gotten a huge black eye from this borked launch, now it's becoming a PR nightmare with serious long-term implications.

Mr.Obvious

Really enjoying horizon zero dawn. 's fun and addictive.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on December 23, 2020, 08:35:42 PM
Really enjoying horizon zero dawn. 's fun and addictive.
I am in the midst of a personal battle over this game.  I'm about ready to go for it.  Are you using the game on a PC?  Are there bugs or glitches with it?  How far along are you?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 22, 2020, 08:54:10 PM
Cyberpunk players are now experiencing corrupted saves

W̸̡̏̈a̶̖̽kÌ·Ì"͖͍͗eÌ·Í Ì–Ì¢ ̴̧͍͝u̵͎̹̕p̴̧̏Í" ̴͚͝s̸̨̃a̵͚͘Í"m̶Í,̱͎̈ũ̴̻͚͆rÌ·Ì,,̼aÌ·Í,,̦i̷̛̙,̵Ì,,͇̞ ̸͌Ì'̨̠w̵Ì'Ì¡e̸̪̗͋ ̶̘̺̕h̴̘͝a̵Í'Ì«v̸Í,͈̙̽e̸Í,,Í• ̵͈̉ä̸Í,,Í™ ̸̇Ì'̬c̴̺̉ị̷̆tÌ·Í Ì•Ì¡ẙ̴̟̱ ̸Ì...̝͚̊t̶Ì,,̤o̸͖͇͋̎

Gamers can tolerate a lot of glitchy/buggy stuff, but losing your saves in an RPG is crossing a big line.  That stuff isn't just a minor annoyance, it's a huge inconvenience, essentially erases a gaming session or two or twelve, and creates a lot of unease in players thereafter.  No one really wants to play an RPG with that sort of cloud hanging over them.

CD Projekt Red has already gotten a huge black eye from this borked launch, now it's becoming a PR nightmare with serious long-term implications.

Makes me glad I had zero interest in the first place. Christ, I hate cyberpunk as a genre. It's like westerns.

Hydra009

The latest patch, which just came out today, removed the 8MB save file cap.  Presumably, the save corruption issue has been resolved.  That won't fix saves that have already been corrupted, though.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Mike Cl on December 23, 2020, 10:48:23 PM
I am in the midst of a personal battle over this game.  I'm about ready to go for it.  Are you using the game on a PC?  Are there bugs or glitches with it?  How far along are you?

Ps4, no glitches so far.
Few minor issues. Finding marked stuff on your map can be a hassle. Modding your gear and the overview of your stuff and missions etc is just a tad counterintuitif, to me. And when talking to npc dialogue for shops or additional missions, the animation is sometimes just at the edge of the uncanny Valley for me.
But overal it's a beautiful open world game with a rather unique setting. It's emptier and less eventful than say red dead redemption one and two. But it doesn't have to outshine on that level.
It's good.
No idea how far I am, but definitely not yet in a third of the story, I hope. Most of the map is still 'covered'.  Bout 14% of the game completed. But with a Lot of collectibles,  it's hard too tell.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXLohSvTKpg

Damn, I heard it was glitchy, but I didn't realize it was quite this bad.  A lot of them seem to be weird physics engine glitches or disappearing/reappearing objects.  I'm amazed that this wasn't caught in beta.  Though I suppose the industry norm now is for the preorder people to be the beta testers.

Hydra009

Getting further in my X-COM playthrough and it's certainly an odd one.

I built my XCOM HQ in China.  Nope, not that China.  Republic of China.  Taiwan.

The USA was the first and only nation to pull out of the XCOM project.  In 2016.  Thanks, Obama.  After abandoning its European and Asian allies, it was under alien sway for nearly a full year before I was finally able to find and destroy the alien base near DC.  Sounds about right.

And for some reason, the aliens really love attacking the crap out of Canada.  That's like 80% of alien activity right there.  Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Halifax, etc.  My troops know all the local bars.  South America and Africa remain pristine, but Canada gets raided every Tuesday lol.