News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on July 07, 2020, 09:31:18 PM
The oddest thing for me though was that after about the 3 hours it takes to beat the game... I found myself in tears. I don't want to express why for fear of spoiling it, but it is easily the most emotional video game (or artistic in general) experience I have had in at least a decade.

Just checked it out. That makes sense to me. It looks like so well made less, it could be too much for me. But I should try. Thanks. (Very different yet similar reasons I can't handle Final Space which is at the light side of the spectrum.)

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

trdsf

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 08, 2020, 02:37:55 AM
Replaying half-life on my PS2.
Fun game.
Good times.
Much wow.

Ooo, I haven't messed with my PS2 in ages.  I could probably do with some good old fashioned beer-and-pretzels games like the CoN or Katamari series, or TW2K5.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIU21A8cv5w

It's happening!  Skywind is coming!

The graphics are kinda rough around the edges, but neither game is particularly new and it is a fan project after all.  A lot of the assets are brand new.  Combat is a big step up from where it was in Morrowind, and lighting isn't bad.  The sound design and atmosphere are just so immersive!  Rustic beauty and brassy, lived-in architecture.  What a combination!

Morrowind always had very creepy and unnerving ruins.  All that clanging and hissing in dwemer ruins easily puts me on edge.

And levitate is back!  Woo!

The dialogue seems pretty generic and the quest itself nothing special, but afaik, this was meant to be a pretty generic quest.

drunkenshoe

I didn't see if it was posted. Has anyone played Medieval Dynasty? RPG, but survival, no monster or magic.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

SRB2 got an update recently. Now it comes with models packaged in, so you don't even have to work for the models any more. Just switch from Software mode to OpenGL, and boom. Most of the sprites in the game are replaced with 3D models. Of course, if you want to use any modded characters, you'll still have to install them separately. If you're willing to download the mods, though, there are some really cool models to go along with them too.

Does anyone else play this game?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Blackleaf

At first, my response was, "Good god. This game is never going to come out." But then, I read what they said about having to launch simultaneously on 7 different platforms. PC (master race), XBOX One, XBOX Series X, XBOX Series S, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5. Oh, and Stadia, though who's using that, really? So yeah, when you have to have the game ready to work on that many systems on day one, it's understandable if they're a bit stretched thin. They'd rather release the game when it's ready than release it in a broken state and fix it later with patches. Unlike some publishers...

*Stares intensely at Bethesda.*
--Fulke Greville--

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: trdsf on August 11, 2020, 02:19:08 PM
Ooo, I haven't messed with my PS2 in ages.  I could probably do with some good old fashioned beer-and-pretzels games like the CoN or Katamari series, or TW2K5.

Replaying mgs3 now. It's fun to go rétro.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 28, 2020, 02:17:11 PMAt first, my response was, "Good god. This game is never going to come out."
*cries in Star Citizen*

An extra 21 day wait is nothing.

Blackleaf

Anybody have Among Us and/or Phasmophobia on Steam? Let me know, and I'll send you guys my Steam ID. Among Us is also free on mobile, and has crossplay.
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

The Outer Worlds finally made it to Steam.  And on to my computer.  And now taking up my time.  Fun so far........
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 28, 2020, 05:04:31 PMThe Outer Worlds finally made it to Steam.  And on to my computer.  And now taking up my time.  Fun so far........
Thank you for not giving in to Epic Games' timed exclusivity cash grab.  And for supporting an amazing developer and their good work, even though they made a dubious decision on the business side of things.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 28, 2020, 06:03:06 PM
Thank you for not giving in to Epic Games' timed exclusivity cash grab.  And for supporting an amazing developer and their good work, even though they made a dubious decision on the business side of things.
I figured it would come to Steam sooner or later.  It's not that I'm a huge Steam fan, but it is now the only way I purchase games.  One reason is that all of the stores in my town have stopped selling PC disks at all.  I hate to drive 50/100 miles to pick up a game when I can do it at my computer.  So, Steam offered The Outer Worlds for a sale price, I had to do it.  Glad I waited.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I've been playing Shogun 2 as the Obama clan (not a joke name) and I can't help but imagine Obama dressed up as a Japanese Daimyo.  I find it endlessly amusing.

*my shinobi kills a rival shinobi*
Obama:  He's dead.  *walks away, kicks open door*

*meeting with rival daimyo*
Obama:  We will no longer annex new land.
*rival daimyo cheer and jeer*
Obama:  Because we already control all of your desirable territory.
*rival daimyo wince and sneer*

Mike Cl

About 70 hours into The Outer Worlds.  It's fun.  Nothing fantastic, but fun.  I'd rate FO 3, New Vegas, FO 4 as better.  Skyrim, Morrowind are also better, I think.  Replay--maybe one or two at most.  At most I'll get maybe 300 hrs out of it.  FO 4 I have over 5,000 hrs. and counting.