News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

I might like to play, if I can get the right mods for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmqc74s_rEA
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on April 04, 2020, 10:51:25 PM
I might like to play, if I can get the right mods for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmqc74s_rEA
That's the first thing I've seen that gave me any reason to want to play RE.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

That seems like a very good way to find yourself infected very quickly... also it's constantly raining, which could be an issue.

Much more practical; keeps you warm, thick enough to provide a little bit of protection, and most importantly has multiple pockets for storing ammunition, gauze, sanitizer, keys, and any other small item you might have reason to carry with you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Also, if the game isn't scary enough for you... this exists.

Lord have mercy on our souls, for this is too sinful to have summoned into the world, even as a video game.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

A new skill was released on Monday on RuneScape 3, so I've been playing that all the time.

trdsf

Quote from: Shiranu on April 05, 2020, 12:10:37 AM
That seems like a very good way to find yourself infected very quickly... also it's constantly raining, which could be an issue.

Much more practical; keeps you warm, thick enough to provide a little bit of protection, and most importantly has multiple pockets for storing ammunition, gauze, sanitizer, keys, and any other small item you might have reason to carry with you.
Practicality was not part of my calculation.  :D
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Mr.Obvious

Does anyone play MTG arena? Fancy a match sometime?
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Hydra009

TWD: Final Season 9/10

I just finished the last Telltale The Walking Dead game.  Make that the last Telltale game, period.  RIP.

What an emotional rollercoaster!  Manly tears were shed.

I've always liked the comic-like aesthetic, but this one really cranked that to 11.  The previous titles were okay, but always a tad clunky.  This one actually has polish.  The only graphic bug I encountered was an occasional lip-sync errors.  Other than that, it ran great.

The choices actually felt meaningful and challenging this time around.  I tried my hardest to stick to my guns (sometimes literally) but the game really made me feel bad about seemingly obvious choices.  I might try to play this again with different choices just because I honestly had no idea how far straightforward calls would ripple outwards.  Is a (mostly) pacifist playstyle even possible in The Walking Dead?

The only thing I really disliked about the choices is that since Telltale's servers are permanently down, I can't compare my choices against other people's choices.  How do I stack up?  I don't know!

As far as the actual gameplay goes, it's a lot trickier and harder than the previous "press x to not die" quicktime events model.  Now, there are a lot of actions scenes where you can and will die A LOT and even some choices get you instantly killed.  I had a good chuckle at some of the more "heroic" actions leading straight to death.  Good one, Telltale.

As far as pacing goes, while there are definitely some dull parts, this one felt more down to earth and vulnerable.  And while there isn't a lot of horror early on, this one honestly scared me towards the end.

It's hard to tell exactly where this is set, but I'm like 90% sure it's either in Virginia or North Carolina.  And apparently, the whole eastern seaboard is at war with various city-states vying for control.  I would be so stoked to see my neck of the woods depicted in TWD. but alas, both the TV show and games only show NC in blink-and-you'll-miss-it scenes.  Literally seconds.  So close and yet so far...

_Xenu_

I started playing Telltale's TWD when chapters were still being released in the first season. I wasn't too huge a fan of the second season, but the third was decent. That was a scary false ending towards the end The Final Chapter. It had me crying as well. Also, in my version, Clem has a girlfriend and AJ is a budding psychopath. It was definitely a bittersweet goodbye to Clementine.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 21, 2020, 10:04:48 PMI started playing Telltale's TWD when chapters were still being released in the first season. I wasn't too huge a fan of the second season, but the third was decent.
I wasn't too thrilled with season 2 either, untiiilll....I got together with an old friend.  And hooboy, things took a turn!  I honestly agonized over the ending.  What a dilemma!

QuoteThat was a scary false ending towards the end The Final Chapter. It had me crying as well. Also, in my version, Clem has a girlfriend and AJ is a budding psychopath. It was definitely a bittersweet goodbye to Clementine.
In my version, Clem was a "trusting fighter" so she sought out and did well in groups, but she could handle herself in an all out war (pun intended).  She was a badass without cruelty, which is a rare thing in TWD.  I think she had a thing for Gabe, but I don't know that for sure.  So just friends in the final season.

AJ was a little overly ...you know.  But he meant well and Clem raised him to be very defensive, so it's to be expected.

Clem herself ended up with a kill count to rival Michonne (probably), so she did a hell of a good job.  No regrets.

Mike Cl

One of the games that pulled me ever deeper and deeper into computer gaming was Diablo II, the Expansion.  I put in thousands of hours trying to find pieces of equipment to complete full sets.  I had a mule program, so no matter what type of character I was running, I could store all my stash into a neutral stash that all of my characters could get to.  I loved that game, but DOS doesn't work now, so it has been just a memory for years and years.  Stumbled upon Grim Dawn.  It is as close as one can get to Diablo II that I've ever seen.  Almost pure hack and slash, yet with enough characters to choose from and an endless supply of 'treasures' to keep one occupied for hundreds of hours.  Diablo II with a story line.  I love it!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

_Xenu_

F R E E  S T E @ M  K E Y S

[spoiler]
Goetia
Redeem
97ZVA-ZJ0N4-DJKVJ

Octahedron: Transfixed Edition
Redeem
8Y6QV-JDCQQ-E33LR

Deadbeat Heroes
Redeem
9DRB6-95YLG-46PRW

The Turing Test
Redeem
6DQ66-50X8E-PHMH9

Black The Fall
Redeem
63XRT-EJF5M-4V29E

Children of Zodiarcs
Redeem
5EPLM-87ZNB-D8T00

Tokyo Dark
Redeem
5J4CA-DC4CH-7DQ2V[/spoiler]
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Munch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0v_Yz9a6Dg

This is why when I've seen content creators on YouTube advertising this bloody thing, I lose so much respect. I think the worst ones being YouTubers who review and rip into awful games while starting offer advertising this thing.
Their essentially supporting the gambling industry and even pushing gambling on kids.

drunkenshoe

What are your opinions on Enderal: The Shards of Order?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp