News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on February 12, 2020, 01:42:18 PM"Sorry you fans didn't get what you thought you deserved from the game, I guess? I mean, it's yall's fault for having expectations, but we're sorry you had those expectations."
And of course, they're the ones who created those expectations to begin with.  If they had given anything approaching a realistic demonstration of the game, then they wouldn't have a refundstorm and PR nightmare on their hands.

False advertising kills even huge game companies and tarnishes the industry as a whole, and it's the number one reason people are understandably skiddish about preordering.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 13, 2020, 02:31:58 PM
And of course, they're the ones who created those expectations to begin with.  If they had given anything approaching a realistic demonstration of the game, then they wouldn't have a refundstorm and PR nightmare on their hands.

False advertising kills even huge game companies and tarnishes the industry as a whole, and it's the number one reason people are understandably skiddish about preordering.

False advertising aside, they still felt the need to ruin the original version of the game, deleting directories without warning, and deciding that anything people make in it is now their property. That's still enough for a riot.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

SoldierofFortune

30+ and still gaming? :D

anyway, it's better to see the real life around us as a game, plan your game...

Sal1981

you're one of those people, eugh.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on February 15, 2020, 09:54:27 AM

70+ and still gaming!  As I'm dying they will have to pry the mouse out of my hands!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

See how they make cut scenes? I don't know how many people know this.  I just blundered onto it.  I'm wondering if they employ the same technology to make the controllable action figures.  I noticed at the end of a cut scene the actors will stop and freeze in the "Jesus on the cross" position.  I'm wondering if that's some kind of default position for figures when the game transitions from cut scene to playable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH18nGoIUKo

Munch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on February 15, 2020, 09:54:27 AM

My 70+ mother plays games, sure their tablet and phone games but between her reading books and seeing her friends she needs some form of entertainment, words with friends, Bejeweled, plants Vs zombies, online chess, several others.
Maybe just accept playing games is as much part of modern culture as watching a movie or TV show or going to see a sports game?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mr.Obvious

So once in a while I do a nuzlocke on an old pokémon game.

Playing heartgold right now.
My team got infected with pkrs.
Never thought I'd see the day.  I've caught like 6 shinies in my life. Came across a few more that I failed to catch.
But never actually met this before.
Yay!
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Boss Lady: Someday I'm going to find you dead in front of that game. Then I can throw it away and use your desk for something productive.

Me: Save my game first, okay?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on February 21, 2020, 07:13:42 AM
Boss Lady: Someday I'm going to find you dead in front of that game.
Better dead from leisure than dead from drudgery.

Munch

I'm subbed to several gaming youtubers, Markiplier, Caddicarus, jacksepticeye, Jontron, several others, and while I like most of their content, sometime thats irked me lately, are popular youtubers in this genre, who have been advertising the bloody contemptible mobile game raid shadow legends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44rMP6ZfEw

I can understand why popular youtubers do this, youtube's been a bitch to content creators in the last several years, and people still want to make content and get paid for it, since they want it to be their job, something youtube use to pay them before before it got high strung on who it would pay. So in that void sponsors came in and offered popular youtubers money to advertise raid shadow legends.

I just find it really offputting that people would advertise this shit, pretend its some great gaming experience, when in reality is a shallow cash grab promoting online gambling to children. I understand people need to make money, but this feels no different to if you worked for a large corporation that sells products mass produced from china and its toxic dumping factories. 

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 21, 2020, 06:02:42 PM
Better dead from leisure than dead from drudgery.
She hasn't spent my insurance money yet.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on February 22, 2020, 01:22:44 PM
I'm subbed to several gaming youtubers, Markiplier, Caddicarus, jacksepticeye, Jontron, several others, and while I like most of their content, sometime thats irked me lately, are popular youtubers in this genre, who have been advertising the bloody contemptible mobile game raid shadow legends.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z44rMP6ZfEw[/spoiler]

I can understand why popular youtubers do this, youtube's been a bitch to content creators in the last several years, and people still want to make content and get paid for it, since they want it to be their job, something youtube use to pay them before before it got high strung on who it would pay. So in that void sponsors came in and offered popular youtubers money to advertise raid shadow legends.

I just find it really offputting that people would advertise this shit, pretend its some great gaming experience, when in reality is a shallow cash grab promoting online gambling to children. I understand people need to make money, but this feels no different to if you worked for a large corporation that sells products mass produced from china and its toxic dumping factories. 
It's pretty much a meme now that RAID Shadow Legends endorsements are merely YouTube content creators' money-grabbing sponsorships because their vids get demonetized and have to rely on other revenue streams. I'm confident that the YouTubers don't give a damn about the game and are lying through their teeth about this game. I've played enough games from both Zynga and King to know the lootboxy "game" mechanics that get people to pay out the nose for advancements in the "games".

Hydra009

Yeah, a Game of Thrones youtuber I watch started shilling for them, and I'm like 95% sure he said on his podcast that he doesn't play video games anymore because of his busy reading and youtube schedule.  So now, I basically have a "you don't surf!" reaction to any shilling going on.

Such a shame that the game isn't good, I actually would really enjoy a roster-based RPG dungeon crawler.

Munch

I mean I get it. As someone who worked in retail I know what it's like having to bullshit customers about products just in order to lure them in to buying, I was pretty much instructed to do so with every knew promoted product, and seen as how I didn't desire to be unemployed I did as instructed.

I think it's just the irony how these YouTubers will make videos trashing so much crap in media from bad games to bad movies and TV shows and comics, but suddenly have a lapse in that cynicism for this one product.

It be like if I was back in my old job and every item a customer brought to me I'd toss it on the ground proclaiming them as all shit, but they give me this one product and I start c!aiming they cannot live without said item.