Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 23, 2019, 10:34:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXQjx49JH7A

YA F*CKED IT UP

Look, I have no real problem with a subscription model (though I do note that the subscription model has fallen out of fashion since the 2000s MMO heyday)

BUT

no one - absolutely friggin' no one - wants to shell out $100/year for a game that was pretty much dead on arrival with a crapton of gameplay problems and downright scandalous business practices *coughcanvasbagcough*

You know, there was a time when Bethesda had a hell of a lot of community goodwill.  Not anymore.  Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

Yeah... I'm already worried about TESVI. A game we won't even get until Starfield, a game I don't give a fuck about, is finally released, and they finish the DLC. Are they going to fuck up Redfall with microtransactions? Charge us for blue Daedric armor? It's already a given the game will release with a ton of bugs that modders will have to fix for them, but will the game even be a full game, or just another platform to bleed us dry from?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 23, 2019, 10:50:57 PM
Yeah... I'm already worried about TESVI.
Dude, I'm crapping my pants about TESVI.  It's probably still on Gamebryo.  And as much as I loved Fallout New Vegas and Morrowind and Rift, that engine has not aged well at all.

I get the feeling that TES VI will be a lot like Fallout 4, a huge graphical improvement but with severely toned-down roleplaying.  The phrase "a mile wide, an inch deep" pretty much sums up that experience.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, and I'll be the first one to give acclaim to a new TES game that truly deserves it, but until I know which side this septim is going to land on, I'm going to stay cautiously cautious.

Blackleaf

One thing is for sure. I'm turning off automatic updates for TESVI, if I buy it. It pisses me off so much when they break all my mods because they gotta update the store of overpriced digital goods again. I wouldn't even be salty if they released multiple items as a reasonably price pack instead of charging $5 for a single sword. Offer a dozen cool weapons for that price, then we'll talk. And it better not be offered on day one. GTFO with that shit. If it's available on day one, it better be in the damn game to start with.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

I'd opt for content that resembles an expansion pack - a new island, a new campaign, a new enemy type, etc.  Something that looks like it took a while to make and adds significantly to the gameplay.

But if they release horse armor, I won't buy that and probably not anything else after that.

Hydra009

And surprise - the $100 subscription is horribly bugged.  The phrase "you get what you pay for" should be amended with "but spend it foolishly, and you'll pay dearly twice"

Shiranu

The new Modern Warfare is absolutely insane. No lootboxes, camos are earned through things like kills, headshots, double kills, etc. , classic MW class set up... and most importantly, gameplay just feels gooooooood.

I never thought I would see another day where cosmetics were earned through achievements, not by splashing cash. Actually have things to work for. Is Activision actually learning?
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

Quote from: Shiranu on October 25, 2019, 06:23:49 AM
The new Modern Warfare is absolutely insane. No lootboxes, camos are earned through things like kills, headshots, double kills, etc. , classic MW class set up... and most importantly, gameplay just feels gooooooood.

I never thought I would see another day where cosmetics were earned through achievements, not by splashing cash. Actually have things to work for. Is Activision actually learning?
It might be in vain.

I've seen a similar trend for RuneScape's early MTX days bimd. First you earned cosmetics through loyalty (concurrent subscription), then after a while they rolled out full-out-blown P2W bullshit, ending with bonds which you can pay with irl cash to get a ingame tradable bond that you can redeem for runecoins (to buy cosmetics and P2W items) or just straight out sell on the global Grand Exchange market. Reason they introduced bonds was because of RWT from bot makers, selling ingame currency (gp) cheaply.

They ditched that in OSRS, and that version of RuneScape has bankrolled them thrice times over in just subscription costs, and the concurrent version of RuneScape (RS3) will never recover, I reckon.

_Xenu_

I have a very special free steam key today. There's no way I would be posting this if it weren't already in my collection:

SOULCALIBUR VI
4I9EN-IQI6H-X5P0C

As far as I know, this is only SoulCalibur game ever ported to Windows. As someone who grew up playing these games in the arcade, it's a trip down memory lane.

If you want this game but the key is already claimed, you can get it with this months Humble Monthly Bundle for $12 along with some other games.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=OTZWSS

Bonus key:

11-11 Memories Retold
4I9EN-IQI6H-X5P0C

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

So I heard that EA is coming back to Steam.  I hope they can afford the $44.99 season pass.

Blackleaf

Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy are both 50% off on Steam right now. Deal ends Monday. I grabbed Spyro, having enjoyed the third game a lot as a kid, until the disk got scratched and stopped working. Never played a Crash game, though.

Quote from: _Xenu_ on November 01, 2019, 04:40:55 PM
I have a very special free steam key today. There's no way I would be posting this if it weren't already in my collection:

SOULCALIBUR VI
4I9EN-IQI6H-X5P0C

As far as I know, this is only SoulCalibur game ever ported to Windows. As someone who grew up playing these games in the arcade, it's a trip down memory lane.

If you want this game but the key is already claimed, you can get it with this months Humble Monthly Bundle for $12 along with some other games.

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly?refc=OTZWSS

Bonus key:

11-11 Memories Retold
4I9EN-IQI6H-X5P0C

Those codes are the same. lol. But thanks for the Memories. I figured someone would have claimed it by now, but tested out the code anyway.
--Fulke Greville--

_Xenu_

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 09, 2019, 11:28:17 AM
Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy are both 50% off on Steam right now. Deal ends Monday. I grabbed Spyro, having enjoyed the third game a lot as a kid, until the disk got scratched and stopped working. Never played a Crash game, though.

Those codes are the same. lol. But thanks for the Memories. I figured someone would have claimed it by now, but tested out the code anyway.
Check your messages.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Blackleaf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLiLRVeaZA

Come on, guys. The Metal Gear storyline isn't that complicated.

Quote from: _Xenu_ on November 09, 2019, 04:46:27 PM
Check your messages.

Got it. Thanks!
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Blackleaf

Buys game on Steam.

"Install Origin to play"

Dafuq?
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on November 18, 2019, 11:14:40 AM
Buys game on Steam.

"Install Origin to play"

Dafuq?
I got caught up with that as well.  What a pain in the ass!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?