News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on July 14, 2019, 08:37:37 PM
The Lovecraftian mythos (as exemplified by Bloodborne) is essentially the myth of Western man after the Death of God. Instead of communing with the Gods and striving to achieve harmony with the transcendent, we find ourselves in a cyclopean material universe devoid of any recognizable meaning and with no regard whatsoever for the odd coincidence that is our strange and incomprehensible existence.

A perfect quote, because it is perfectly true.  Worship yourselves.  I am.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

_Xenu_

Free Steam keys:

Prison Architect
2XPDF-8XMQ0-7ACZW

Nex Machina
3Y0F9-BHLVK-66CHB
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 17, 2019, 09:36:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb60pnjABGg

Many marios died to bring us this.

Just think how many times this guy died trying to upload this level. I would be livid before I even made it half way.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

_Xenu_

I cannot understand why anyone would build a monstrosity like that.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

I have a 5-hour game where I'm solely trying to get a very difficult achievement.  Everything was in place.  The conditions were checked and double-checked.  I went for it...

...and failed.

My words to whoever made that achievement guide on Steam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUn0vldq8Xo

Hydra009

Dammit, I was using the wrong faction.  Even though the achievment said nothing about that.

Turns out I have to get my armies in a very specific way, keep them alive, then win 8 battles on the same turn, which sounds easy but it's like winning 8 different D-Days at once.

Blackleaf

Random shower thoughts: "Khajiit can look like humans, house cats, humanoid cat men, etc depending on the phases of the two moons when they're born. No matter their shape, they're still Khajiit, and all are treated as equals (except the Mane, who is their leader). So for another humanoid race to have sex with a Khajiit, is that bestiality? Does it only count as bestiality if they're a quadruped, even though the quadrupeds are just as intelligent as the bipeds? Do the humanoid Khajiit feel weird banging the house cat shaped ones?"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Anyone aware of this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C28Mll7sYmM

I played a similar game 30 years ago.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 20, 2019, 11:13:50 PM
Anyone aware of this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C28Mll7sYmM

I played a similar game 30 years ago.
I played one called Geopolitic about 35 yrs ago.  It was fun at the time, but I don't even remember the company that produced it.  And it was black and white.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 20, 2019, 11:17:02 PM
I played one called Geopolitic about 35 yrs ago.  It was fun at the time, but I don't even remember the company that produced it.  And it was black and white.

Ah yes, classic race war from the 80s (sarc).  Mine was B&W on a Mac.  Younger people have no idea ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 19, 2019, 03:01:33 AM
Random shower thoughts: "Khajiit can look like humans, house cats, humanoid cat men, etc depending on the phases of the two moons when they're born. No matter their shape, they're still Khajiit, and all are treated as equals (except the Mane, who is their leader). So for another humanoid race to have sex with a Khajiit, is that bestiality? Does it only count as bestiality if they're a quadruped, even though the quadrupeds are just as intelligent as the bipeds? Do the humanoid Khajiit feel weird banging the house cat shaped ones?"

Rule34 doesn't care much for the details
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Woot!  I got my achievement!  You're looking at a 0% percentile gamer.  So few people have this achievement that Steam rounds down to 0.  Not 1%.  Not 0.1%.  0%.  That's how friggin' leet this is.

Not difficult from a skill perspective, just requires extreme levels of planning, patience, and precise timing.  It's literally impossible to get by accident.  You have to plan this out from the outset, and even then, it can get tricky.

8 armies, 8 victories simultaneously, and with very, very specific units (which by the way, kinda suck at combat).  The game isn't very clear on that and you can easily botch the attempt with units that seem right but actually aren't due the game's excessively narrow definition of army type.

drunkenshoe

I've been playing Anno 1800. Anyone who likes the series, it's really good.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

Wow...the last time i checked this thread was in 2013......thats mighty exciting shit there.....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust