News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 05, 2019, 10:19:07 PM

Sounds like they need to invest in some sweet lootboxes.

Or stop cancelling all of their single player projects...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Plu

Or stop ruining everything they touch.

Hydra009

Having just watched the Angry Joe review of Apex Legends, I've gotta say, it does look like a nice, polished game.  But I dunno if another battle royale is a good idea.  It's like baking great chocolate cookies the day after Halloween.

Plus, the fact that Titanfall 3 was sacrificed for it...

Hydra009

00 A/V content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfqF81VPoM0

01 Microcontent:

01000001011011000110110000100000011010000110000101101001011011000010000001110100011010000110010100100000011011110110110101101110011010010111001101110011011010010110000101101000

10 Microcontent:

My brother says it's just a reskinned Shadowrun.  Here's my response to that:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Munch

Eh, Warhammer orcs are uggo.

Prefer Warcraft orcs, lot better on the eyes.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Hydra, reading your posts in this thread is a trip of its own. I just wish I knew how you and your brother looked like just for that one^. I name thee Hydra the GGoAF. (Great Geek of AF.) 
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SoldierofFortune

The real world is attractive enough.
There is no need for supernatural.

Baruch

Silly women?  Gamer women so fed up with trying to be human pretty, escape into online world to be orcs?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on February 16, 2019, 04:05:47 PM

then there would be no star wars, lord of the rings, a christmas carol, stephen king novels.

And theres a lot of ugly shit in the real world, fantasy lets people take a break from it.

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on February 16, 2019, 07:57:59 PM
then there would be no star wars, lord of the rings, a christmas carol, stephen king novels.

And theres a lot of ugly shit in the real world, fantasy lets people take a break from it.

Break or escape?  Are you Hitler in his bunker maneuvering non-existent armies?  Taking necessary medicine, or overdosing on illegal drugs?  Hitler was in fact, on drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_SKelYT5k0
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2019, 10:22:50 PM
Break or escape?  Are you Hitler in his bunker maneuvering non-existent armies?  Taking necessary medicine, or overdosing on illegal drugs?  Hitler was in fact, on drugs.

Taking a break from reality is fine provided your not dropping your responsibilities

drunkenshoe

Quote from: SoldierofFortune on February 16, 2019, 04:05:47 PM

I don't get it. What is it you define as 'supernatural' here? I think you are expressing what you think in a wrong way. 

We play games, read and watch fantasy or sci fi, bluntly put because we need it. Literature...art.. Because fairy tales, myths; stories are crucial to human survival.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Baruch on February 17, 2019, 10:22:50 PMBreak or escape?
I don't get why having an imaginative hobby - a creative outlet - is perennially a subject of controversy and social panic.  That alone is pretty revealing about society's values.  Why is working yourself to death okay but engaging in a fantasy that harms no one not okay?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on February 16, 2019, 06:32:10 PM
Silly women?  Gamer women so fed up with trying to be human pretty, escape into online world to be orcs?

Oh I wear my best and make up, do my hair when sitting down to cut down some monsters. Hah!

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 18, 2019, 11:52:27 AM
I don't get why having an imaginative hobby - a creative outlet - is perennially a subject of controversy and social panic.  That alone is pretty revealing about society's values.  Why is working yourself to death okay but engaging in a fantasy that harms no one not okay?

Part of the meme ... rational and fact based ... so the imagination must be evil ;-)  But getting back to Munch's point ... do you do this to the exclusion of eating?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.