News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 01, 2018, 03:32:10 AM
I had a co-worker who was a fanatic Confederate re-enactor.  But that was because he was also a fanatic white supremist, argued that slavery had nothing to do with the Civil War, and rather liked the Nazis.  Confederate Civil War re-enactors are basically supporting the same idea.

When I showed him one day that almost all the Southern State statements about why they were leaving the Union were about protecting slavery, he just ignored it.  LOL!
I bet he was a christian, as well.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2018, 11:45:20 AM

Both sides (in the original conflict) were.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 01, 2018, 11:45:20 AM

Indeed he was and an intolerant one too.  No big surprise there.  He was a routine hater of all who were "not like him".  He never realized I was an atheist though, LOL!  Dense as a block of basalt...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 04, 2018, 03:33:36 AM
Indeed he was and an intolerant one too.  No big surprise there.  He was a routine hater of all who were "not like him".  He never realized I was an atheist though, LOL!  Dense as a block of basalt...

Are you prejudiced against volcanics?  Shame!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Currently going through Nexus Mods and blocking all the authors I can find posting "sexy" mods. I wanna play Skyrim, not Thotrim, and having to dig through that shit just to find the good stuff is annoying. -_-
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 05, 2018, 10:58:51 PM
Currently going through Nexus Mods and blocking all the authors I can find posting "sexy" mods. I wanna play Skyrim, not Thotrim, and having to dig through that shit just to find the good stuff is annoying. -_-
I'm kinda sorta there with you, but I really like the mods that make the NPCs look less fugly and I do appreciate gorgeous followers.

*edit - stuff like this. Have you ever seen anything so full of splendor?

trdsf

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 06, 2018, 12:09:06 AM
I'm kinda sorta there with you, but I really like the mods that make the NPCs look less fugly and I do appreciate gorgeous followers.

Meh.  Have they got one to turn all the male followers into buff studmuffins?
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

I use to have a lot of skyrim mods for such things (plus several sex/nude mods), however I kinda stopped there and didn't download anymore skin or model mods, since later ones just looked weird to me, kind of plastic looking

Like it kinda ruined the immersion having men with supermodel plastic faces in a setting with swords and dragons
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

Anybody watch the "Skyrim: Cops" videos on Youtube?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 06, 2018, 12:09:06 AM

Oh I'm all for prettying the game up, it's just shit like this I'm tired of having to sift through.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 22, 2018, 11:54:52 PMAnd at the edge of known space, a bizarre robot-like race with a modestly-sized empire...no wait, make that a medium-sized empire...no...even larger...and is that a fleet...no that can't possibly be a fleet, it's too large...

*stunned silence*

...OH CRAP.
Endless Space 2 Day 3:

My fleet discovers the Academy!  Think of it as Xavier's school for the Gifted with a work-study program.  Whoever controls this has a huge advantage over other factions.  And it's at the far the edge of my territory, nestled tightly in the bosom of those weird robots with their massive space fleet swarming around it.

I'm going to need allies.  So I smoke the peace pipe with the trees (I hope the pipe wasn't anyone they knew) and make an alliance.  With them at my back, I can concentrate on pushing to the Academy.  Just one problem.  The remnant of the Cravers empire is still in the way.  Time to finish the bugs off for good!

Right as our fragile truce expires, I ready an invasion force to strike at their homeworld.  It's an ugly planet.  A bug planet.  A planet hostile to life as we know it.  It took a lot longer to fall than I would have liked, but it fell.  And it wasn't the mighty fleet, it wasn't some fancy new weapon that brought them down.  It was a drill instructor named Zim, who shot their last soldier right in the nerve stem.  Now, there's nothing stopping me from marching on the Academy.  I just need a few more turns to boost my science and industry...

Then all hell broke loose and took me completely off guard.

The robots invaded.  Everywhere.  I wasn't even close to prepared.

They rolled over the few remaining bug worlds, smashed my ally mercilessly, and skirted around my fortified worlds to attack my weak undefended positions.  I fought desperate battles on each and every world, slowing down the breakneck pace of their expansion.  But it wasn't enough.

But in my darkest hour, my scientists finally unlocked the Obelisks of All Space-Time.  I couldn't win the war, but I didn't need to.  In true Sophon fashion, I would master the stars themselves before mastering the art of war.  And my rushed constructions went up just in time.

VICTORY VIA TARDIS!

Hydra009

I just got around to playing the Hissho DLC for Endless Space 2.  It's a blast.

The Hissho (elite warriors who love blood sacrifices) are kinda underpowered...is what I would say if I didn't exploit the hell out of their mechanics.

Basically, you win or lose based on how fast you accumulate "honor".  You win battles or invade planets, you get honor.  You lose battles (or retreat), you lose honor.

Turns out you can invade planets, plunder them, then invade them over and over again.  Imagine Predator 2 just with hundreds of Predators stalking through ruined cities.  Let's just say a LOT of trophies are gathered every night.

I also occupy planets, get everyone to commit seppuku, and reap a huge reward.

The AI doesn't know about these tricks and therefore is kind of a pushover.

Me playing as Hissho:

The AI playing as Hissho:

_Xenu_

Free Steam key:

Orwell:
BGJ7R-IY240-5XP7D
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

My brother absolutely loves Orwell!

And I dunno how to feel about that.  On one hand, trying novel and fairly cerebral games is great.  On the other hand, he talks to me about his illicit spying and scheming bringing absolute ruin down on someone who was probably innocent as if it were a new quiche recipe.  Grats?

Granted, I tear through bandits like 1-ply toilet paper, so I guess I don't have too much room to criticize.  But at least I know they were bad people and met them in combat face-to-face.  That cloak-and-dagger stuff is seriously messed up.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 17, 2018, 11:36:02 AM
My brother absolutely loves Orwell!

And I dunno how to feel about that.  On one hand, trying novel and fairly cerebral games is great.  On the other hand, he talks to me about his illicit spying and scheming bringing absolute ruin down on someone who was probably innocent as if it were a new quiche recipe.  Grats?

Granted, I tear through bandits like 1-ply toilet paper, so I guess I don't have too much room to criticize.  But at least I know they were bad people and met them in combat face-to-face.  That cloak-and-dagger stuff is seriously messed up.

J Edgar Hoover would agree with you.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.