News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Pokemon Go also had the problem in that you can't really do a lot unless you're downtown.  Nothing but Pidgeys and Rattas around my neighborhood lol.

GrinningYMIR

Recent games I’ve played
-Battletech
-Darkest Dungeon
-Battle Brothers
-XCOM
-Wolfenstein TNO, OB, TNC
-Thomas was alone
-Panzer General

Last 6 months or so those have been my games, most of them are ones I’ve grettly enjoyed. 

Games I’m interested in coming out soon:.....

Games I’m very interested in with no release date: Classic WoW, FF7 remastered (kinda)

Ever notice how E3 seems more and more disappointing every year?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 04, 2018, 02:03:03 AM
Pokemon Go also had the problem in that you can't really do a lot unless you're downtown.  Nothing but Pidgeys and Rattas around my neighborhood lol.

That's definitely improved. There is a lot more variety in Pokemon now, the current weather makes certain types appear more often, and they have frequent events where they increase Pokemon of certain types for a certain amount of time. Unfortunately, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee only lets you transfer first generation Pokemon, so you can't even use most of the Pokemon in Pokemon Go in that game. They could update the Let's Go games later, but I think history will repeat itself here. People will not have the patience to wait for those sort of updates.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Stellaris' driven assimilators in a nutshell:

Hello, organics, look at your species, now back to me, now back at your species, now back to me. Sadly, it isn’t me, but if you stopped using baseline biological bodies and switched to cybernetic enhancement, you could be like you're me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a colossus in one of your systems. What’s out the viewport, back at me. I have it, it’s a world with most of your science output. Look again, the population is now cyborgs. Anything is possible when you're a Driven Assimilator, and not a baseline organic.

I’m on a missile corvette.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

My favorite games:
XCOM (both XCOM classic and the Firaxis reboot)
Freelancer
Dawn of War
Fallout New Vegas
Sins of a Solar Empire
Endless Legend
Endless Space 2

Cavebear

I'm still fighting with Civ5.  I'm up near the top at the lowest level, but I'm not understanding enough of the "too many" buildings, units, and governments.  I get a bit better every game, but at this rate I will be 10,000 years old before I figure it all out.

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

_Xenu_

Free Steam keys. Take whatever you want:

Silence
0LDZF-IYDKR-0E8AC

Deponia Doomsday
0LTIC-7ZITT-0RRCJ

Deponia Doomsday Soundtrack
26CI0-RK8PC-GEKHZ

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
0L4B0-QE93C-EB5F6
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Shiranu

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 04, 2018, 10:49:16 PM
Stellaris' driven assimilators in a nutshell:

Hello, organics, look at your species, now back to me, now back at your species, now back to me. Sadly, it isn’t me, but if you stopped using baseline biological bodies and switched to cybernetic enhancement, you could be like you're me.

Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a colossus in one of your systems. What’s out the viewport, back at me. I have it, it’s a world with most of your science output. Look again, the population is now cyborgs. Anything is possible when you're a Driven Assimilator, and not a baseline organic.

I’m on a missile corvette.

Fuck, I wish I had time to play Stellaris again :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

This is the car from Cyberpunk 2077.

This is THE CAR FROM CYBERPUNK 2077!!!

Kill me now, i'm on my way to heaven.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cavebear

Quote from: Shiranu on June 11, 2018, 01:24:26 AM

This is the car from Cyberpunk 2077.

This is THE CAR FROM CYBERPUNK 2077!!!

Kill me now, i'm on my way to heaven.

Don't die yet!  A 2077 car will be LOTS better than just THAT.

Blackleaf

I've been playing Jurassic World Evolution and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's a park simulator, like Roller Coaster Tycoon, but with dinosaurs. It has some room for improvement with future updates and DLC, but I'm liking it a lot so far. It has a ton of different species, and you can customize their genomes to change their colors, improve their life expectancy, or improve other stats. Raptors are the freaking worst, though. They're hard to make happy, and they attempt to break out every single time there's a storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN8CdS-Wn94

Also, I like how Ian Malcolm spends the whole trailer telling the player they will fail. He's the game's professional Negative Nancy. lol
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 19, 2018, 10:19:39 PM
I've been playing Jurassic World Evolution and have been having a lot of fun with it. It's a park simulator, like Roller Coaster Tycoon, but with dinosaurs. It has some room for improvement with future updates and DLC, but I'm liking it a lot so far. It has a ton of different species, and you can customize their genomes to change their colors, improve their life expectancy, or improve other stats. Raptors are the freaking worst, though. They're hard to make happy, and they attempt to break out every single time there's a storm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN8CdS-Wn94

Also, I like how Ian Malcolm spends the whole trailer telling the player they will fail. He's the game's professional Negative Nancy. lol

I don't play games where you are intended to fail the 1st 1,000 times.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on June 20, 2018, 03:17:34 AM

Got burned by Asteroid or Missile Defense back in the 70s? ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on June 20, 2018, 03:17:34 AM

Honestly, I haven't had any dinosaurs break out in quite a while. I pay attention to their needs, and I've learned to surround problematic carnivores in two layers of fence and fill the island with ample emergency shelters. Some dinosaurs are moodier than others, and like I mentioned earlier, the raptors are the worst. Sometimes I think they're more trouble than they're worth.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 20, 2018, 11:30:46 AM
Honestly, I haven't had any dinosaurs break out in quite a while. I pay attention to their needs, and I've learned to surround problematic carnivores in two layers of fence and fill the island with ample emergency shelters. Some dinosaurs are moodier than others, and like I mentioned earlier, the raptors are the worst. Sometimes I think they're more trouble than they're worth.

Tamogotchi for adults?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.