News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on May 19, 2018, 09:15:51 AM
That's why I don't do multiplayer games anymore.  Cheat-Assholes...  As far as I can tell now, multiplayer games are either wiping out newbies or competing to see who can use or memorize their cheat program best..
I wouldn't declare that they're cheating without first seeing evidence of it.  Mostly, they're just far more experienced and familiar with the game mechanics so of course they perform much better.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 19, 2018, 11:35:05 AM
I wouldn't declare that they're cheating without first seeing evidence of it.  Mostly, they're just far more experienced and familiar with the game mechanics so of course they perform much better.

When they brag about their "cheats" I give them up for game-dead...  Yes, some don't.  And I respect that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

GrinningYMIR

For all you strategy guys and people who tend to like those types of game I recommend Marbozir. https://m.youtube.com/user/Marbozir/about

He tends to play games like civ, xcom, battletech etc. anything that’s strategy based. I’ve used his vids to adjust my own strategy and find his dry sense of humor pretty funny. And since I can't Get long war to run he’s the only way I can see it.

Worth watching if you’re bored
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 28, 2018, 10:32:33 PM
For all you strategy guys and people who tend to like those types of game I recommend Marbozir. https://m.youtube.com/user/Marbozir/about

He tends to play games like civ, xcom, battletech etc. anything that’s strategy based. I’ve used his vids to adjust my own strategy and find his dry sense of humor pretty funny. And since I can't Get long war to run he’s the only way I can see it.

Worth watching if you’re bored

Bookmarked it to read later.  Thank you.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

GrinningYMIR

No problem
Hope you enjoy
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Cavebear on May 01, 2018, 11:10:15 PM
Good point!  My outlaying units are never attacked in this game.  I need to establish fortified hill borders with other military units.  But the settlers are still driving me nuts. 
Should use smaller outlays.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

Looks like Pokemon Go is about to get another spike of popularity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Having a lot of fun with Stellaris. Picked it up a year or two ago, but only just started playing it in earnest (and bought all the DLCs, because I hate having money). I've got two saves going on right now, one with a custom technocratic  monarchy, and one with the Earth Custodianship preset nation.

My custom race, called the Dubrin, are in a small galaxy populated by two other nations, a marauder empire, and a couple primitive civilizations (one of whom I invaded and enslaved). They've claimed about a quarter of the galaxy so far, and are trying to invest in terraforming technology so they can colonize more of the planets within their borders. The Dubrin also recently had their genome altered by an alien artifact, and now have the strongest physique of any species thanks to it.

My Earth Custodians are also in a small galaxy, this one also populated by marauders, a shitton of primitives, and a Fallen Empire. I haven't met the Fallen Empire yet, but I have managed to claim a few primitives as bio-trophies. You see, the Earth Custodians are robots who were originally built to serve humanity, but have now decided that the best way to care for our species is to contain us in sanctuaries, enforce strict birth control, and subject us to mandatory pampering. This is actually much more benign than it sounds, since my human pops have a happiness bonus of +40%, with only a minor -10% penalty for the population control, bringing them to a total of 80% happiness (with the base being 50%). Just to put this in perspective, the happiest pop in my Dubrin empire is only a hair above 60% happiness. So since humanity seems to enjoy their pampered, controlled lives, the Custodians have taken it upon themselves to seek out other sentient life in the galaxy and similarly rid them of the burden of self-determination.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo

I don't want to set the world on fire...

Dunno much about the gameplay yet, but the lore is thus:

Vault 76 was a control vault (so no nasty psychological experimentation), held 500 people, and was set to open 20 years after the bombs fell.  (2097)  This is a few scant years after radiation levels died down enough for existence on the surface to be possible.  So it looks like they're in for a rough time in emerging so soon after the apocalypse.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 31, 2018, 12:27:27 AM

Don't get too excited. It won't be a single player action RPG like the main titles. This isn't Fallout 4's answer to New Vegas.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on May 31, 2018, 12:37:26 AM
Don't get too excited. It won't be a single player action RPG like the main titles. This isn't Fallout 4's answer to New Vegas.
I'm hoping that part was misreported.  Awaiting official confirmation/disconfirmation...

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 31, 2018, 12:27:27 AM

Dunno much about the gameplay yet, but the lore is thus:

Vault 76 was a control vault (so no nasty psychological experimentation), held 500 people, and was set to open 20 years after the bombs fell.  (2097)  This is a few scant years after radiation levels died down enough for existence on the surface to be possible.  So it looks like they're in for a rough time in emerging so soon after the apocalypse.
I had not seen this.  And it does set my world on fire!  I only hope this is not an online multiplayer thing.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

It’s an online multiplayer thing. Unfortunately. It sounds like fallout version of a left for dead with story

Sal1981

Pretty much every MMO launched since 2010 has failed/low player base. The very few that remain, are the old ones, since 2001 and some even earlier, like EverQuest (1999) or Ultima Online (1997).

The MMO era has pretty much phased out in favor of today's MOBAs and FPS team/BR shooters.