News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on March 15, 2018, 06:09:37 AM
There is supposed to be an end turn X in the upper right.  I can't find it.  I can't resize the sreen to get at it.  Do I just have a bad download?

Most games have a setting in the menu for changing your screen size. It sounds like your default setting is too big. Look for a setting called "resolution" and choose a smaller size. It should look like this:

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 15, 2018, 04:14:42 PM
Most games have a setting in the menu for changing your screen size. It sounds like your default setting is too big. Look for a setting called "resolution" and choose a smaller size. It should look like this:

Well, I didn't see the big X, but do see all the edges at 1024 and some options.  Thanks.   
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Hydra009

There is now a mod for Fallout 4 that adds Deathclaws wearing french maid outfits.

Someone saw our non-maid Deathclaw world and declared to the heavens, "I shall maid-ify this".  And our world was forever changed.

GrinningYMIR

Did 3 was my favorite but I’ve played and beaten all of them with the exception of 6 and 1, never a bad game but some of the purists stayed with 4 rather than moving on to 5 and 6
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Cavebear

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 25, 2018, 12:50:17 AM
Did 3 was my favorite but I’ve played and beaten all of them with the exception of 6 and 1, never a bad game but some of the purists stayed with 4 rather than moving on to 5 and 6

Did you mean Civ?

Hydra009

In World of Warships, there are basically 3 kinds of people:

Battleships:  I am the fist of Heaven.

Cruisers: I will aid my comrades and thwart my enemies.

Destroyers:  *BESERK SLAUGHTER AND INSANE LAUGHTER*

Cavebear

Death-matches aren't my thing.  I would rather build than destroy.

Cavebear

I'm starting to get the hang of Civ 5.  It sure isn't easy!  But after trying "Ranged Attacks for weeks without any apparent success, I did it on the close-up map and saw a little red arrow arched up from my units to the barbarians and clicked there and that wiped them out.  For the 1st time hurray!

And I am getting to average among the other civs, moving units so they don't wander randomly, and getting to learn what is useful in the technology tree. Well, that's the fun, right?  Figuring out how the game works...

Hydra009

Cavebear

Yep, single players need games too!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 07, 2018, 03:24:43 PM

Single player is doing fine. What seem to be a dying off is local multiplayer. Many multiplayer games only have online multiplayer. The devs simply assume that "no one plays local multiplayer any more."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 08, 2018, 12:41:31 PM
Single player is doing fine. What seem to be a dying off is local multiplayer. Many multiplayer games only have online multiplayer. The devs simply assume that "no one plays local multiplayer any more."

I think they just consider it if you want to play multiplayer with friends, you just get online with them and play on the same server together, of course you'd need your own platform to do it, but again with things like stream, Skype and discord that fixes it for needing to be in contact
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on April 08, 2018, 12:46:53 PM
I think they just consider it if you want to play multiplayer with friends, you just get online with them and play on the same server together, of course you'd need your own platform to do it, but again with things like stream, Skype and discord that fixes it for needing to be in contact

To play online with friends, all of your friends have to own the same console, the same game, and have decent and reliable internet. I remember the days when I'd play Halo with seven other people, in two different rooms, with two XBOXs. That's not even an option any more in the newer Halo games. Newer games would require eight XBOXs, eight TVs, eight copies of Halo, and one overworked router.
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 08, 2018, 12:41:31 PM

It's more a statement against EA than against the industry. EA is killing major single player developers left and right because sp doesn't bring in the money like multiplayer does.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur