News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 27, 2018, 02:18:14 PM
You mean Skywind. Skyblivion is the project that recreates Oblivion in Skyrim's engine.
Right.  My bad.

Hydra009

I just played a DDLC mod where you can try for a slightly happier ending than the official version.  Even though I'm mostly inured, it still really freaked me out in a couple places.  However, I finally got that satisfying ending I craved.

bulli no more!

_Xenu_

Free Steam key: Life is Strange

2K9QY-9W4BQ-7XV36

I highly recommend this game. Please let me know if you redeem it.

Every key I post here comes from Humble Bundle, not some shady third party seller.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

trdsf

Dug up an old one that's been on my machine a while, but for some reason I've never gotten around to it: The Stanley Parable.

Loving it.  Similar sense of humor as the Portal games, with fewer (but not zero) opportunities to plummet to your death.

I have a really bad habit of buying games on sale and then forgetting about them for extended periods...
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on February 02, 2018, 01:50:21 PM
Free Steam key: Life is Strange

2K9QY-9W4BQ-7XV36

I highly recommend this game. Please let me know if you redeem it.

Aww yiss!  Time to rock and roll timespace!

My brother got this game and loved it.  I found it pretty intriguing but watched it instead of playing it.  Time to save and/or ruin everyone's lives!

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 04, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

My brother got this game and loved it.  I found it pretty intriguing but watched it instead of playing it.  Time to save and/or ruin everyone's lives!
The ultimate decision will be yours: Bay or Bae. There's also a prequel out called Before the Storm, but I don't have an extra key for that one. Let me how your adventure goes.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Blackleaf

Quote from: _Xenu_ on February 05, 2018, 06:45:46 AM
The ultimate decision will be yours: Bay or Bae. There's also a prequel out called Before the Storm, but I don't have an extra key for that one. Let me how your adventure goes.

Life is Strange is an awesome game with a rollercoaster of emotions. The time travelling mechanic was really cool too. But, IMO, Before the Storm is just a melodramatic mess, with awkward character movements that don't always match the dialogue, characters with dead fish eyes (particularly Rachel's dad), and a poorly thought out talk-back mechanic. It doesn't explain much we didn't already know, and it ends with [spoiler]us being reminded that Rachel dies after all that drama anyway.[/spoiler] It was made by a separate company while the original creators work on the sequel, and it shows. BtS feels like a side project.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: _Xenu_ on February 05, 2018, 06:45:46 AM
The ultimate decision will be yours: Bay or Bae.
Bae all the way.  Crapsack towns come and go, but true love is once in a lifetime.

Plus, the town is filled with assholes anyway, so it's two birds.

trdsf

Retrogaming is the thing this frigid month, at least for me.  Dug out the ol' PS2 and my Katamari Damacy/We ♥ Katamari disks and spent several hours immersed in digital Japanese LSD.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on February 05, 2018, 02:18:12 PM
Retrogaming is the thing this frigid month, at least for me.  Dug out the ol' PS2 and my Katamari Damacy/We ♥ Katamari disks and spent several hours immersed in digital Japanese LSD.

I better get my PC set up again.  I've missed games.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 04, 2018, 07:18:58 PM

I tried it.  Nearly impossible to move or hold a perspective.  Couldn't discover the point of the game, though it was brief.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 06:48:55 AM
I tried it.  Nearly impossible to move or hold a perspective.  Couldn't discover the point of the game, though it was brief.

If you don't like keyboard and mouse controls, I believe it has controller support. Most PC games have controller support these days. It just has to have a USB end to plug it in to your computer. Also, Life is Strange is episodic, so if you thought it was brief, you may just need to move on to the next episode.
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on February 13, 2018, 01:09:02 PM
If you don't like keyboard and mouse controls, I believe it has controller support. Most PC games have controller support these days. It just has to have a USB end to plug it in to your computer. Also, Life is Strange is episodic, so if you thought it was brief, you may just need to move on to the next episode.

Well, I ment that I understood so goals (looking at pencils, notebooks, etc, and I understood the WASD keyboard controls, but I just could get to anywhere I needed to.  My 2 button mouse hardly did anything.It was quite frustrating.

I'm used to a screen cursor going to where I move it.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 13, 2018, 01:15:19 PM
Well, I ment that I understood so goals (looking at pencils, notebooks, etc, and I understood the WASD keyboard controls, but I just could get to anywhere I needed to.  My 2 button mouse hardly did anything.It was quite frustrating.

I'm used to a screen cursor going to where I move it.

Looking at things such as notes sometimes give clues or new dialogue options, but most of it can be skipped if you don't feel like examining them. Life is Strange is really a game where you're meant to take your time and immerse yourself in it. It's not like most games where you just mindlessly run around and kill things. As for the camera, yeah it doesn't have free range of motion. That's pretty standard for the genre.
--Fulke Greville--

GrinningYMIR

Just replayed Fallout: New Vegas again, 70 hours or so to beat this time, still the best modern fallout game imo, far better than fallout 4 (aka Bethesda Minecraft)
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit