Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 06, 2017, 12:27:02 PM
I, too, like buffed dragons.

But right now I'm playing Oblivion after almost a decade of not playing it.  I find it surprisingly fun.

Those potato faces, though. Even at the time the game was released, I thought they looked terrible. I'd rather look at the faces in Morrowind. The rest of the world, though, is gorgeous.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 06, 2017, 03:41:31 PM
Those potato faces, though. Even at the time the game was released, I thought they looked terrible. I'd rather look at the faces in Morrowind. The rest of the world, though, is gorgeous.
I had not thought of them as 'potato faces', but that is what they are.  :))  The rest of the game is very well done!  I love Skyrim, FO3 and FO4--but Oblivion has a lot going for it--still.  And I wish they would re-issue Morrowind.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 05, 2017, 11:54:17 PM
I prefer "Simply Stronger Dragons" with the maximum settings. Buffs dragons with 8x HP, melee damage, and shout damage; and makes Alduin 4x stronger than that. I also have another mod that doubles their size: makes attacks easier to dodge, but trust me, you need those blind spots.
I'm going to pass on that one since what I really wanted both increased difficulty and increased diversity.  But your tip introduced me to Diverse Dragons Collection 3, which looks amazing!  28 new dragons with 7 difficulty ranks.  And it's configurable ingame.  That's exactly what I want.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 06, 2017, 04:06:27 PM
I had not thought of them as 'potato faces', but that is what they are.  :))  The rest of the game is very well done!  I love Skyrim, FO3 and FO4--but Oblivion has a lot going for it--still.  And I wish they would re-issue Morrowind.

If you have a decent gaming PC, you can mod Morrowind to have much better graphics. There's a mod compilation called Morrowind Overhaul that's a compilation of mods that improve both graphics and sounds, and they can be adjusted to fit your computer's capabilities, as well as your personal preferences. I believe I had it running at a decent FPS with everything but the reflective water on. That water just brought the FPS down to near zero. Still looks great, though.

This is what it can look like with the MO:

--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 07, 2017, 12:04:31 PM
If you have a decent gaming PC, you can mod Morrowind to have much better graphics. There's a mod compilation called Morrowind Overhaul that's a compilation of mods that improve both graphics and sounds, and they can be adjusted to fit your computer's capabilities, as well as your personal preferences. I believe I had it running at a decent FPS with everything but the reflective water on. That water just brought the FPS down to near zero. Still looks great, though.

This is what it can look like with the MO:

I'll have to look into that--thanks.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 06, 2017, 12:27:02 PM
I, too, like buffed dragons.

But right now I'm playing Oblivion after almost a decade of not playing it.  I find it surprisingly fun.

I don't have much time for most games these days.  Mostly Scrabble.  On the other hand, my vocabulary is increasing.  On the other hand, how often do you need to refer to a farolito?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on October 08, 2017, 03:42:31 AM
I don't have much time for most games these days.  Mostly Scrabble.  On the other hand, my vocabulary is increasing.  On the other hand, how often do you need to refer to a farolito?
These days I have mostly time for games.  The rest of the day is mostly doing the chores of being alive and keeping a neat and healthy house and yard--and furry children.

Cavebear

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 08, 2017, 07:32:17 PM
These days I have mostly time for games.  The rest of the day is mostly doing the chores of being alive and keeping a neat and healthy house and yard--and furry children.

The last action game I played was Dirk The Daring or something like that name.  Apparently, I don't have the lightning memory required to know when the flying monkeys are going to invade the room or the fungus attacking from whereever.

Hijiri Byakuren

TIL Skyrim allows gay marriage. Now Farkas can be mai waifu in every playthrough! [emoji4]

Sent while riding my mighty steed: Godzilla
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sal1981

Again I dabble in Minecraft.

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 24, 2017, 04:58:16 PM
TIL Skyrim allows gay marriage. Now Farkas can be mai waifu in every playthrough! [emoji4]
Mara is cool like that.

For companions, I still use Paula.

But I'm thinking of changing to a Redguard or beast race companion.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 24, 2017, 09:23:56 PM
Mara is cool like that.

For companions, I still use Paula.

But I'm thinking of changing to a Redguard or beast race companion.
Sophia--All the way!!  Have to admit I've not use Paula, tho.

Blackleaf

I had my female Nord werewolf marry Vilkas, one of the Companions.

--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

I want to build more than fight...