News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on September 28, 2017, 11:30:39 AM
I wonder how long it will be before changing the bit rate becomes economically routine to force new software purchases.  They KNOW we will be forced to upgrade.

You could have kept that 4 function calculator as "good enough" .. but no!
You could have kept that flip cell phone as "good enough" ... but no!
You could have kept your modem as "good enough" .. but no!

You will give up your last dime for kitsch ... and it isn't even American, but Chinese!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Me playing any game with moral dilemmas:

Cavebear

Quote from: Baruch on September 28, 2017, 07:51:23 PM
Games typically program at the hardware level, not the OS level.  Even if the API of the OS stayed the same, the hardware changes would kill your old games anyway.

It strikes me that the demand for older games in increasing.  There will be a market for that.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Munch

I've been playing a lot of retro style games a lot more now more then advanced Games. I loved undertale and stardew valley, played them none stop, where as recent games like Conan exiles or that bonfire game (the one with naked orcs screwing each other) I just only played for a few hours
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on October 01, 2017, 03:52:37 AM
I've been playing a lot of retro style games a lot more now more then advanced Games. I loved undertale and stardew valley, played them none stop, where as recent games like Conan exiles or that bonfire game (the one with naked orcs screwing each other) I just only played for a few hours

Naked orcs screwing each other is a game?  Give me Civ 2...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 04:12:46 AM
Naked orcs screwing each other is a game?  Give me Civ 2...

Hobbits ... it's what's for supper (stone trolls).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

I got to come back to this game I've mentioned before, Bonfire, because it actually quite an amazing thing.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
(NSFW, Has Flutter-Censor over it)

Fact of the matter is this is a sex simulator, and theres a lot of them online you can find (many as risk of malware), but of any I'd have played, this one has had a lot of detailing, work and dedication put into it. The animation and motions are fluid, the game runs smoothly, the characters are enjoyable (example a shaman who smokes some unknown weed, has you breath it in, and the two of you go into a technicolor trip out scene), and considering the fact this is a patreon funded game by just a small handful of people, it really is a well put together game, that the makers are still updating and adding more content to.

Theres a lot of crap on the market, and often independent game makers make something unexpected. This is an example of someone who wanted to make something unique and put everything he had into it, focusing on everything.

btw if you wanted to try it out anyone who'd be interested, you'd have to donate to his patron page, which seems fair enough.

https://www.patreon.com/bonfire
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on October 03, 2017, 08:01:35 PM
I got to come back to this game I've mentioned before, Bonfire, because it actually quite an amazing thing.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Fact of the matter is this is a sex simulator, and theres a lot of them online you can find (many as risk of malware), but of any I'd have played, this one has had a lot of detailing, work and dedication put into it. The animation and motions are fluid, the game runs smoothly, the characters are enjoyable (example a shaman who smokes some unknown weed, has you breath it in, and the two of you go into a technicolor trip out scene), and considering the fact this is a patreon funded game by just a small handful of people, it really is a well put together game, that the makers are still updating and adding more content to.

Theres a lot of crap on the market, and often independent game makers make something unexpected. This is an example of someone who wanted to make something unique and put everything he had into it, focusing on everything.

btw if you wanted to try it out anyone who'd be interested, you'd have to donate to his patron page, which seems fair enough.

Munch, give us a "Toctober" shot.  I dare you...

Hijiri Byakuren

Skyrim is infinitely more enjoyable when the dragons roar like a tyrannosaurus rex.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Munch on October 03, 2017, 08:01:35 PM

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Yay!!!"
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 05, 2017, 07:53:21 PM
Skyrim is infinitely more enjoyable when the dragons roar like a tyrannosaurus rex.
Deadly Dragons mod.  Makes them much more fearsome.

Imo, dragons in a fantasy setting should be the most dangerous and feared inhabitants.  They have beastial might, at least human-level intellect, and magic.  It's the ultimate combo.  The only way humans should have even a chance at all of killing them is with dragonrend.  Otherwise, the dragon could incinerate any would-be dragonslayer from a comfortable cruising altitude.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 05, 2017, 11:37:28 PM
Deadly Dragons mod.  Makes them much more fearsome.
I prefer "Simply Stronger Dragons" with the maximum settings. Buffs dragons with 8x HP, melee damage, and shout damage; and makes Alduin 4x stronger than that. I also have another mod that doubles their size: makes attacks easier to dodge, but trust me, you need those blind spots.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mike Cl

I, too, like buffed dragons.

But right now I'm playing Oblivion after almost a decade of not playing it.  I find it surprisingly fun.   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?