News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on August 09, 2017, 01:49:43 PMBut I saw several scenarios.  One was "cute", one was "dark", and there were a few others.  I was attracted to the "dark" one involving survivalism in the Arctic.  A loner game.  Is that one hopeless?  I'm pretty resourceful but not suicidal.  LOL!
I don't have the slightest idea what you're referring to here.

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 09, 2017, 01:44:31 PM
You purchased and downloaded Skyrim Special Edition on Steam on your PC, but it didn't work? What happens when you click it?

I'm not sure I purchased it.  Hard to tell.  But nothing happened.  I'll be checking again later.  I think the problem is that I am on 2 computers and the purchase verification never came through while I was on the PC (no email set up there).

I better sit all PC next try with an email account.. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Cavebear

I don't believe it!  I just went off to play  game of risk waiting for new posts here, and I am SUCH AN IDIOT.

You'll probably have to have played it t9 understand.  But there is a box that shows up when you win a territory asking how many units to move into the won territory.  I've never been able to get it right even after 10 years.  I try to move a few and moves most.  I try to move most and it moves a few.

And JUST NOW, I realize that there are tiny numbers on the sides of the box that TELLS you how many units you are moving.

If I had known that 10 years ago, I would be a Risk GOD by now (forgive the term).  How on earth did I win half my games not even getting that right?  I feel like a baseball players discovering "Oh THAT'S how you hit a home run. 

My opponents must have thought I was a lucky idiot...

Cavebear

The SkyRim download is going tricky.  When I hook up the Window computer, I don't have email to download the links.  When I hook up the Aple, I have the email but not the files the links want to connect to.  I think I need to set up an email on the Windows computer...

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 06:28:00 AM
The SkyRim download is going tricky.  When I hook up the Window computer, I don't have email to download the links.  When I hook up the Aple, I have the email but not the files the links want to connect to.  I think I need to set up an email on the Windows computer...

If a download to your Apple is a zip file, you can thumb drive it over to your Windows box to expand it.  Depends on how prematurely interactive the install is.  Seems gaming stuff is basically wanting to scan your whole hard drive, and ship the results off to the NSA as part of the war on gaming terror.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 06:28:00 AM

Steam doesn't use download links. At least, the software doesn't. I don't use the website. If you haven't already, download Steam and use it to manage your games. Actually, I'm pretty sure if you try to download from the website, it'll attempt to open the Steam software to start the download.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cavebear

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 12, 2017, 11:32:03 AM
Steam doesn't use download links. At least, the software doesn't. I don't use the website. If you haven't already, download Steam and use it to manage your games. Actually, I'm pretty sure if you try to download from the website, it'll attempt to open the Steam software to start the download.

But its the downloading (which requires the email links) on the PC (where I don't have an email account)  Maybe I could just set up a gmail account on the PC?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 04:18:14 PM
But its the downloading (which requires the email links) on the PC (where I don't have an email account)  Maybe I could just set up a gmail account on the PC?
I have a yahoo mail account--Gmail would work, as well.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

No Man's Sky just dropped a massive update that includes, among other things:

- Multiplayer
- Quests
- Guilds
- Portals that act exactly like the stargates from SG-1
- Crashed freighters
- Hailing other ships, including pirates
- An economy system
- About another two pages worth of major and minor additions that make the game so much better to play.

Hello Games seem to have learned their lesson. The philosophy with these updates seems to be "under-promise, over-deliver." Considering nobody expected even 1/3 of these features, much less multiplayer, they definitely delivered. So much that the game is back in Steam's top 100 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Cavebear

Looks like I either stay behind of go forward...  And even if I go forward, I'll be behind...

Hydra009

Quote from: Cavebear on August 12, 2017, 04:18:14 PM
If you have the CD key, you can just download Steam, create an account, and add it to your game library.  It sure beats managing email links.

Hydra009

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 12, 2017, 05:52:24 PM- Portals that act exactly like the stargates from SG-1
You had me at stargate.

Hijiri Byakuren

My latest run of modded Skyrim sees me as a half-Nord Dunmer (not modded, just a blond light-skinned Dunmer) owning a goddamn fortress in the Pale. Heljarchen Hall merely the keep within a much larger castle complex. The castle has its own tavern, blacksmith, general store, and staff quarters. Bandits and dragons regularly try to attack the place, only to be met with an army of hired guards wearing the best equipment I can craft. Just down the road next-door to the Loreius Farm is Heljarchen Farm, my farm/meadery that's making me filthy stinking rich; and that's not including what my wife Mjoll is doing with the loot I bring to her stall. Both farms are surrounded by another small settlement that includes another blacksmith and general store, which has led to a commercial boom on the border between Whiterun and The Pale.

So yeah, I've modded the shit out of Skyrim. Heljarchen Farm is actually included in Arthmoor's "Alternate Start" mod, so I didn't have to do anything special for that. The farm costs a lot to rebuild, but at the end is well worth it. You get plenty of planting spots for ingredients, a brewery to make your own mead, and a set of safes containing profits from your farm, meadery, and guards (who are making side-money off of bandit loot). I've got another mod that adds an abandoned fortress surrounding the three homesteads. And finally, another mod from Arthmoor that makes your spouse open up a market stall in front of your house; said stall has a chest behind it where you can stash loot, the value of which will be added to the gold your spouse gives you when you ask him/her if the store has made money.

Another source of gold I didn't mention comes from one of Enai Siaion's enchantment mods, which adds a "philosopher's stone" enchantment you can put on rings and armor. The enchantment gives you free gold every hour while you wear the item. I make these rings periodically to level up my enchanting, and keep the strongest. My current one generates 13 gold per hour. Between this and Mjoll's market stall, I don't bother selling anything to merchants anymore. I make more money just sitting on my ass and letting Mjoll sell my shit. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

GrinningYMIR

I have been playing lots of age of empires if anyones interested
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 25, 2017, 01:31:56 PM
My latest run of modded Skyrim sees me as a half-Nord Dunmer (not modded, just a blond light-skinned Dunmer) owning a goddamn fortress in the Pale. Heljarchen Hall merely the keep within a much larger castle complex. The castle has its own tavern, blacksmith, general store, and staff quarters. Bandits and dragons regularly try to attack the place, only to be met with an army of hired guards wearing the best equipment I can craft. Just down the road next-door to the Loreius Farm is Heljarchen Farm, my farm/meadery that's making me filthy stinking rich; and that's not including what my wife Mjoll is doing with the loot I bring to her stall. Both farms are surrounded by another small settlement that includes another blacksmith and general store, which has led to a commercial boom on the border between Whiterun and The Pale.

So yeah, I've modded the shit out of Skyrim. Heljarchen Farm is actually included in Arthmoor's "Alternate Start" mod, so I didn't have to do anything special for that. The farm costs a lot to rebuild, but at the end is well worth it. You get plenty of planting spots for ingredients, a brewery to make your own mead, and a set of safes containing profits from your farm, meadery, and guards (who are making side-money off of bandit loot). I've got another mod that adds an abandoned fortress surrounding the three homesteads. And finally, another mod from Arthmoor that makes your spouse open up a market stall in front of your house; said stall has a chest behind it where you can stash loot, the value of which will be added to the gold your spouse gives you when you ask him/her if the store has made money.

Another source of gold I didn't mention comes from one of Enai Siaion's enchantment mods, which adds a "philosopher's stone" enchantment you can put on rings and armor. The enchantment gives you free gold every hour while you wear the item. I make these rings periodically to level up my enchanting, and keep the strongest. My current one generates 13 gold per hour. Between this and Mjoll's market stall, I don't bother selling anything to merchants anymore. I make more money just sitting on my ass and letting Mjoll sell my shit. :lol:
Wow!  After reading this I feel like a beginner--I am only running a little over 50 mods on Skyrim.  Guess I need to bet busy and add some more.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?