News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on June 27, 2017, 02:45:01 AM
Really, really getting into Prey (Summer sale, made it only $39...). It is basically Bioshock 1 in space so far...
I was wondering if that was a game worth picking up.  But I'm still busy replaying my STALKER series. :)))
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 27, 2017, 09:02:19 AM
I was wondering if that was a game worth picking up.  But I'm still busy replaying my STALKER series. :)))

Only about 2 hours or so into it, so I don't want to say one way or another how it is. I'll let you know when I beat it (want to say completitionists take about 50+ hours).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on June 27, 2017, 07:32:32 PM
Only about 2 hours or so into it, so I don't want to say one way or another how it is. I'll let you know when I beat it (want to say completitionists take about 50+ hours).
I'd appreciate that.  Thanks.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on June 24, 2017, 05:35:24 PM
It sucks when a fandom turns you off a well reviewed game, like is happening to me with Undertale. I don't care for the art style, I am not impressed with the gameplay, but the worst part is the fans of the game hyped it up so much to me and then got enraged when I said it looked, "Okay.".

Seriously, fuck Undertale. If you like it, that's great, but people who liked it too much ruined it for me. It crossed the point from, "Okay, that's kinda annoying but I get you really like it." to, "Jesus christ bob, shut the fuck up, no one carrreeeeeees."
This is similar to how I felt about No Man's Sky in the early months, except the other way around. I love this game dearly, but the rabid "hatedom" just would not shut the fuck up about how much they hated the game and the company who made it. Fine, I get it, you hate the game; some of us like it, though, and we want to talk about cool stuff we've found and share tips on how to survive and thrive.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

Finally got into playing stardew valley. This games so dam relaxing to play, I've not played anything else in several weeks. The only mod I used on it was to make the characters into furries.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

simplyalex

Too busy playing Resident Evil: Biohazard this game is pretty addicting.

Mr.Obvious

Started playing Deadrising. Pretty fun.
Can't save 'em all, though.

Had a nightmare about zombies last night. Downside of the zombiecraze we're going through, I think. Whenever I've had a 'supernatural' nightmare over the past four years, it's Always been zombies.
Consciously they don't even scare me. But maybe subconsciously they do.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on July 13, 2017, 06:55:37 AMHad a nightmare about zombies last night. Downside of the zombiecraze we're going through, I think. Whenever I've had a 'supernatural' nightmare over the past four years, it's Always been zombies.
Consciously they don't even scare me. But maybe subconsciously they do.
To me, they're more unnerving than terrifying.  It's what they represent that's disturbing.  They're humans stripped of all their humanity.  Mindless and hostile.

But at least the upside to the zombie craze is that humans now know how to dispatch them effectively and know not to hesitate.  A real zombie apocalypse (which would be physically impossible) would fail extremely quickly.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 13, 2017, 10:47:17 AM
To me, they're more unnerving than terrifying.  It's what they represent that's disturbing.  They're humans stripped of all their humanity.  Mindless and hostile.

Sounds like your typical theist to me. 

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 13, 2017, 11:20:43 AM
Sounds like your typical theist to me.

If you accept physical resurrection of the dead ... yes.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on July 13, 2017, 06:49:46 PM
If you accept physical resurrection of the dead ... yes.
Zombies are not and were not dead--just transformed quickly.  Isn't that right????

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on June 27, 2017, 07:32:32 PM
So, Shiranu, pray tell, how is Prey????

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 13, 2017, 07:31:18 PM
So, Shiranu, pray tell, how is Prey????

Sorry, been really busy with work. About 5 hours in, still really enjoying it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on July 13, 2017, 09:10:08 PM
Sorry, been really busy with work. About 5 hours in, still really enjoying it.
Hate that four letter word 'work'. :))  Thanks.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 13, 2017, 07:30:14 PM
Zombies are not and were not dead--just transformed quickly.  Isn't that right????

Not in the Catholic Middle Ages ... quite gruesome in fact ... and very dead.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.