News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Trying to unite Sweden... constant assfuck by Norway. What I do wrong :(.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 08, 2017, 09:35:41 PM
How to beat Norway as Sweden:

1) swift naval attack
2) march troops from the SE tip of Norway and head north, bypassing the fortress at Fredriksten
3) pincer attack the Norwegian army, they might win some skirmishes but defeat is inevitable
4) negotiate their surrender, don't play hardball - allow some concessions
5) Norway is now a vassal state
6) be on the lookout for King Oscar II

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Sylar on March 21, 2017, 08:54:02 PM
Bought Star Craft II few weeks ago, does anyone play it?
I play it pretty religiously.

PickelledEggs

Been playing Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
Such a fucking blast to play

Sal1981

urgh, wasting time "playing" "Excel Online's" version of ImperiaOnline. Might as well just move numbers around in a spreadsheet.

Hydra009

Armello re-introduced the Bandit Clan as paid DLC.  The Devs unwisely restricted them to Kickstarter backers up until now.  Regular players had no way to get them.

And the reason I didn't Kickstart it was because 1) I didn't know about the game until it was released 2) I couldn't possibly know if it was any good prior to actually playing it.

Confession:  I had that badger as my avatar for months but could only play him with my *ahem* trial version of the game.  When I bought the full version, I was dismayed to learn that the bandits weren't included.  Well, now my furry friends are back!

Cavebear

Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 30, 2017, 07:06:33 AM
I still play Civ II, LOL!

I like history too.  Just helped the Central Asian nomads conquer the Achaemenid Persian Empire ... Alexander never got his fey butt out of Greece, since the Persians suppressed his fleet, so he couldn't cross to Asia Minor.  Discipled spearmen or pikemen can deal with Persian cavalry, if you have enough of them ... works as well for the Central Asians as it does for the Macedonians or Greeks.  Always have cavalry around, so you don't get outflanked, and can run down the retreating losers.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on April 08, 2017, 09:35:41 PM

Old Norwegian jingle ...

Ten thousand Swedes ran thru the weeds, pursued by one Norwegian.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Was at work, and a teenager at my till had his phone go off playing the sans boss battle, which I regarded. He seemed surprised someone else like undertale, so asked me what I completed it on, saying only on pacifist mode, since I like the undertale characters to much to kill them.
He said he's done genocide 3 times.
He's dead to me.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QZoW6BamfY

I'm so pumped right now.  When Battletech comes out, I'm going play the absolute hell out of it.  The Kickstarter raised $2,785,537 of its $250,000 goal (plus $1,000,000 from the devs' pockets) - there's substantial interest for this game.  And it even has some of the same talent responsible for previous Battletech games.

I dunno if any of you guys had the good fortune to play Mechcommander 1 or 2 back in the day.  They were real-time tactics games where you send out a team of elite pilots controlling giant mechs.  You raided convoys, captured cities, dodged incoming airstrikes, fought enemy tanks and mechs, and blew up enemy military facilities.  If you were extra lucky, you could disable instead of destroying enemy mechs, allowing you to immediately commandeer them and attack the enemy with their own forces.  I once ambushed a military base and blew up their barracks, capturing several utterly pristine mechs to add to my war effort.  Good times.

Those games are 15+ years old now.  It's high time for the good times to begin again.  And while this new game is turn-based and not real-time nor will it likely contain any Clan Mechs (my personal favorite mechs), I'm very excited to once again stride the battlefield in engines of destruction.  :)

kilodelta

I still feel burned being a founder of MW: Tactics.

The mechs look like the same models from MW: online. So, that should reduce development costs.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on May 24, 2017, 04:40:39 PMI still feel burned being a founder of MW: Tactics.
It's a shame what happened to that game.  A damn shame.  Hopefully this different game will scratch that itch.

Hydra009

Endless Space 2 has finally left beta and has been officially released.  It's more polished and stable than ever.   More races.  More quests.  More pretty cutscenes (there are now endgame cutscenes, and they're pretty disturbing, too!) The tech tree looks better than before.  All in all, it's shaping up nicely.

I still managed to run into a couple problems, though.  A few tooltips are still garbled, a quest didn't resolve correctly (a quest that's supposed to resolve in 5 turns lasts forever), and there's sometimes input lag (click a button and the game updates 3 seconds later).

There's also a weird economy bug that's really frustrating.  The game sometimes won't calculate industry values correctly, causing your planet(s) to have negative industry, which shouldn't even be possible.  So from then on out, you can't build anything naturally.  You have to buyout whatever you want to produce.  This puts you at a massive economic disadvantage.  :(  I've never seen anything like this in the beta.  Hopefully, the devs fix it soon.

*edit - there was also a bug that I almost hope they leave in.  In the diplomacy screen, an alien representative flickered wildly.  I really pissed the rep off and he/she/it spastically flickered with impotent rage while hurling insults and threats.  It was hilarious!

Hijiri Byakuren

Was wandering around Gamestop today and bought Valkyria Chronicles Remastered for the PS4. This game is now eating my life.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel