News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Sylar on March 21, 2017, 08:54:02 PM
Bought Star Craft II few weeks ago, does anyone play it?

I do, Terran. So does pickel
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Shiranu on March 19, 2017, 03:27:53 PM
So according to half the internet and 3/7th and a half of YouTube, the reason the animations are so bad in Mass Effect: Andromeda is...

*drum roll*

...BioWare are appealing to the SJW crowd and not making their characters god-tier attractive to show that "normal" people exist, and this will be the end of civilization as we know it.

>>>face palm intensifies<<<

For a game series I used to love, I'm completely disinterested in andromeda
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

Yeah, I bought it but I'm still not excited. Horizon is more interesting.

Think I'm going to buy the Witcher and 2, see what all I missed.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sylar

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 22, 2017, 11:39:27 AM
I do, Terran. So does pickel

Cool, I'm still completing the campaign -- almost done. Played a few skirmishes vs. AI, but haven't tried multiplayer yet.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Sylar on March 22, 2017, 05:00:04 PM
Cool, I'm still completing the campaign -- almost done. Played a few skirmishes vs. AI, but haven't tried multiplayer yet.
Campaign on brutal is fun, people are difficult

_Xenu_

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 22, 2017, 05:41:40 PM

Agreed. Starcraft is all about multiplayer. Anyone who plays competitively can crush AI in their sleep.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 22, 2017, 09:28:49 AM
After a year or so, powering Skyrim back up.  Any favorite mods anybody has that can be considered 'must have'.  I am referring to Steam mods.  My fav is Sophia, the fully voice acted (with about 1500 lines--all well voiced) companion.
Original Skyrim or special edition?

For the original:
SKSE
SkyUI
SkyRe
Immersive Armor
Immersive Weapons
Immersive Patrols
Character Creation Overhaul
Climates of Tamriel
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
Any mod that allows you to successfully kill essential adults and/or children

Additional sanity-maintaining mods:
No NPC Greetings
Double Cursor Fix
Better Sorting
Loadout
Kace Auto Loot

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 22, 2017, 07:08:04 PM
Original Skyrim or special edition?

For the original:
SKSE
SkyUI
SkyRe
Immersive Armor
Immersive Weapons
Immersive Patrols
Character Creation Overhaul
Climates of Tamriel
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
Any mod that allows you to successfully kill essential adults and/or children

Additional sanity-maintaining mods:
No NPC Greetings
Double Cursor Fix
Better Sorting
Loadout
Kace Auto Loot
I have the special edition now.  Believe it or not, I have over 2000 hrs into this game and run about 50 mods from steam.  I have not loaded SKSE, SkyUI, or SkyRe yet.  I guess I need to do that.    Thought about the Auto Loot.  But my ignorance of the loading of the Nexus type mods--and in this case, the ignorance leads to fear of screwing up my game for good by loading a bad mod or loading a mod incorrectly.  I guess I'll simply have to go to youtube and watch a few how-to's on the subject. 

Thanks for the suggestions--I appreciate it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I've screwed up badly several times (I'm talking partially overwriting a mod, *trying* to edit skeletal structure, etc) and I've never lost player data or anything.  The worst I thing I ever experienced was a persistent crash-to-desktop issue, fixed easily by deleting a conflicting mod.

Now I use LOOT (which warns of mods incompatibilities) and Nexus Mod Manager (automates mod installation), and I no longer have any major problems.

My advice is to try out new stuff but be prepared to undo changes that don't pan out correctly.  SKSE is vital for so many mods that I consider Skyrim unplayable without it.

_Xenu_

Sounds like a lolzy replay, but people try this often. I will give you credit for having a mine and siege tank ready before he rushed, but I am assuming you had siege mode,
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: _Xenu_ on March 23, 2017, 06:03:50 PM
Sounds like a lolzy replay, but people try this often. I will give you credit for having a mine and siege tank ready before he rushed, but I am assuming you had siege mode,

absolutely. Though at least SC2 tanks can pack a punch undeployed, albeit no where near siege damage

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: _Xenu_ on March 22, 2017, 05:44:06 PM
Agreed. Starcraft is all about multiplayer. Anyone who plays competitively can crush AI in their sleep.

Where's my post about it??

Hydra009

@Mike Cl

I'm playing Skyrim again in part because you asked about it.  What have you done.  :P

One last mod that I've found interesting:  Realistic Needs and Diseases 2.0

Basically, you can get debuffs from hunger/thirst/sleep deprivation.  Being a Fallout vet, I'm sure you're extremely familiar with these mechanics.  :)

I also checked the option for food to expire after a few days, so no more hoarding food.  I'm forced to live off the land, and to pay extra attention to food sellers and cooking recipes.

If and when I happen upon a hunter tending a cooking fire with a lot of badly-needed food...well, hunters go missing all the time.  Sometimes a bear is drawn by the smell and eats them and their succulent wares.  Hunger will make animals do all sorts of things...

Sylar

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on March 22, 2017, 05:41:40 PM

Quote from: _Xenu_ on March 22, 2017, 05:44:06 PM

Brutal? I don't think you understand how much of a noob I am at SC2. I can barely beat AI on normal difficulty -_-. I have a long way to go to get on brutal level. I think it's mostly getting familiar with structures and units, since I'm new to the SC universe (never played it before).
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 25, 2017, 03:13:13 AM
@Mike Cl

I'm playing Skyrim again in part because you asked about it.  What have you done.  :P

One last mod that I've found interesting:  Realistic Needs and Diseases 2.0

Basically, you can get debuffs from hunger/thirst/sleep deprivation.  Being a Fallout vet, I'm sure you're extremely familiar with these mechanics.  :)

I also checked the option for food to expire after a few days, so no more hoarding food.  I'm forced to live off the land, and to pay extra attention to food sellers and cooking recipes.

If and when I happen upon a hunter tending a cooking fire with a lot of badly-needed food...well, hunters go missing all the time.  Sometimes a bear is drawn by the smell and eats them and their succulent wares.  Hunger will make animals do all sorts of things...
It has been a hairy couple of days with Skyrim for me.  I was playing with over 60 Steam mods and doing fine.  No SKSE or SkyUI, but everything was going well mod wise.  Had mods like:  left hand rings; race improvements; more dragons and more dragon loot; acquisitive soul gems; Random alternate start; skyrim overhaul--more enemies; beast skeletons; breezehome enhancement; enchanting and blacksmithing overhaul and others.  Then my graphics card indicated I needed an update.  So, I did that.  Then when back to Skyrim, on the mod loading screen this showed up:  Steam error 15.  Then I could get to the game but it kept crashing to the desktop.  Time and time again.  Researched it and found that the only thing to do was to unload all your mods and then reload them.  What a huge pain!  So I unloaded.  Then started a new game with one or two mods and kept adding them.  They ran smoothly.  So I drank a bottle of courage and added SKSE--that was okay.  Then added SkyUI, and that went well.  Now running 30 mods.  Took another step and joined Nexus.  I have yet to download a mod from there, but will today.  Will probably experiment with nexus mods for a couple of days, and then re-start skyrim with a batch of new and wonderous mods!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?