News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: _Xenu_ on June 24, 2016, 06:38:22 PM
(cries) Arkham Knight wont run on my computer.

Does it run on any computer? I remember there being this huge controversy with the PC port being slow as hell, glitchy, and easily crashing. The company that made the original game for the consoles handed the game to some third party to make the port. I thought they removed it from Steam and refunded everyone who bought it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 14, 2016, 01:19:31 PM
I've finished FO 4 with all of them--Brotherhood, Father, Railroad and Minute Men.  My fav is to play as a MM, and take each of the others to just the right point, while killing Father.  Then, all of the factions get along and I can do the radial quests from each faction--forever, I guess.  I am wondering how Far Harbor will effect that balance, or if it even will.

I've only done the Minutemen ending. It was so goddamn annoying having to defend the castle TWICE. They just came flooding in and destroyed all my stuff.

[spoiler]It was cool seeing the zeppelin come down, though.[/spoiler]
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 25, 2016, 09:21:18 AM
I've only done the Minutemen ending. It was so goddamn annoying having to defend the castle TWICE. They just came flooding in and destroyed all my stuff.

[spoiler]It was cool seeing the zeppelin come down, though.[/spoiler]
The Castle can be a big pain.  But I ringed it with robot machine guns and that helped quite a bit.  I don't like using power armor unless I have to--I had a full suit of the 01 suit at the 3rd level and that also helped quite a bit.  I did the other endings to see how they played out and realized I actually hated the Institute ending.  My son turns out to be quite the asshole.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCxZyRpae6w

Looks like a worthy successor to Freelancer may finally come to fruition.

Sal1981

Everything JaGeX touches turns to shit. That is all.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

_Xenu_

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 25, 2016, 09:18:34 AM
Does it run on any computer? I remember there being this huge controversy with the PC port being slow as hell, glitchy, and easily crashing. The company that made the original game for the consoles handed the game to some third party to make the port. I thought they removed it from Steam and refunded everyone who bought it.
Thats all true. I purchased it after it was supposedly fixed and back on steam. Still wont run.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

I finally got around to playing Walking Dead Season 2.

Aww.  I found a dog.  Him and Clementine are so adorable together!

*a couple clicks later*

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 05, 2016, 07:45:06 PM
I finally got around to playing Walking Dead Season 2.

Aww.  I found a dog.  Him and Clementine are so adorable together!

*a couple clicks later*

Yeah, I really wanted to be friends with the dog. :-(

Season 3 was recently announced.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hijiri Byakuren

Got Overwatch for PS4 yesterday. Haven't had time to do anything beyond running through the tutorial, but I'm gonna try it out properly tonight. Not used to playing first-person shooters on a console, so the dual-analog controls will be a bit of a hurdle.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Blackleaf

Quote from: _Xenu_ on July 05, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
Yeah, I really wanted to be friends with the dog. :-(

Season 3 was recently announced.

Wait until the final episode comes out and get only that one. In the last five minutes, you'll get to make the only choices that matter.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 06, 2016, 06:37:42 PMWait until the final episode comes out and get only that one. In the last five minutes, you'll get to make the only choices that matter.
*triggered*  It's the journey, not the destination!

But yeah, I got Clem and the baby to a big, Alexandria-like settlement.  Probably the best ending I could realistically manage.

PickelledEggs

Got Pokemon Go on my phone. Suck it.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 06, 2016, 09:58:09 PM
*triggered*  It's the journey, not the destination!

But yeah, I got Clem and the baby to a big, Alexandria-like settlement.  Probably the best ending I could realistically manage.

In my opinion, games like The Walking Dead, where the entire game is centered around making choices, shouldn't have convergent paths. That's extremely lazy. I can forgive games like Skyrim having only one ending because it's an action RPG. The genre is centered on building your skills and having adventures. Basically all you do in The Walking Dead is make decisions. Do you save Person A or Person B? Well, it doesn't matter, because the person you save will die shortly after anyway and have no further impact on the story. What's the point? The illusion of choice is only entertaining the first run through. Play it a second time, and that illusion falls apart.
--Fulke Greville--