News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Nonsensei on April 29, 2016, 01:05:17 PM
Dark souls 3. Excellent. Frustrating,  but excellent.
How is it frustrating?  How does it stack up against, say, a Fallout 4?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2016, 06:12:42 PM
Fallout 4 is like playing Elmo's ABC's on N64 in comparison to Dark Souls and Bloodborne

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2016, 06:12:42 PM

You die... A lot. Like a lot a lot.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Final Fantasy 9 got released on steam. Not played this in 16 years, and remember now why it was my favorite in the series. Everything about this game is perfect for a RPG, the setting, the characters, the story, the gameplay mechanics. And while it has a couple problems, it is to me the best in the series.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Flanker1Six

Glad this thread popped back up to the top of the game forum....................saved me from :redface: myself by starting my own. 

Been gaming since '86 on a Commodore 64 with my 26" CRT TV pretending to be a display!  Started out exclusively with modern combat flight sims, the more hard core the better...........started veering off into FPS about '96-'97 (good thing because that's when MC flight sims started dying out too!). 

Due to my overseas adventures; my last desk top was from 2002; used DTR notebooks exclusively until Sept. of last year when I popped for a Digital Storm desk top. 

Current Roster:  COD/AW, FO 4 (lotsa mods and just DLed the CK the other day!), FC 3 (just reinstalled yesterday--having trouble recreating my Frankenmod for it!), FC 4 (custom Frankenmod for this too!), GTA V, ME3, Quantum Break (MS Store sucks ass!), State of Decay YOSE, TW 3 (lotsa mods for this one too!).   

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flanker1Six on April 29, 2016, 08:12:00 PM
Glad this thread popped back up to the top of the game forum....................saved me from :redface: myself by starting my own. 

Been gaming since '86 on a Commodore 64 with my 26" CRT TV pretending to be a display!  Started out exclusively with modern combat flight sims, the more hard core the better...........started veering off into FPS about '96-'97 (good thing because that's when MC flight sims started dying out too!). 

Due to my overseas adventures; my last desk top was from 2002; used DTR notebooks exclusively until Sept. of last year when I popped for a Digital Storm desk top. 

Current Roster:  COD/AW, FO 4 (lotsa mods and just DLed the CK the other day!), FC 3 (just reinstalled yesterday--having trouble recreating my Frankenmod for it!), FC 4 (custom Frankenmod for this too!), GTA V, ME3, Quantum Break (MS Store sucks ass!), State of Decay YOSE, TW 3 (lotsa mods for this one too!).
Good games you have there.  Have you tried the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series?  They are Russian  created and have had good reviews.  They are a FPS/RPG and take place around Chernobyl.  I have all three and highly recommend them.  I've played them thru at least twice each and will probably go back sometime and do it again. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

I just got this crazy idea to do all of the Endless Legend achievements, but man is it tough going!  I've had one stuck at 19/20 for days mainly because the game won't actually let me know what I've done and what's left to do.  On the plus side, I got lots of super rare ones under my belt.

The global achievements are pretty strange:
67% players have played part of a game
17% beat the lowest difficulty AI
0.9% beat the highest difficulty AI
0.4% played absolute hell out of the game (hard to get)
0.2% beat the game with the newest faction

Basically, huge numbers of people who either don't play or didn't finish a game.  That and people are more likely to do difficult older achievements than recent easy ones.  Strange.

Flanker1Six

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 29, 2016, 09:19:16 PM
Good games you have there.  Have you tried the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series?  They are Russian  created and have had good reviews.  They are a FPS/RPG and take place around Chernobyl.  I have all three and highly recommend them.  I've played them thru at least twice each and will probably go back sometime and do it again.

Oh yea.  I've got all three, and was eagerly awaiting STALKER 2 when THC imploded!   :sob:  Very atmospheric series, and one of the best weapon attachment systems I've seen; easy to do stat edits also!   Still miss 'em (especially the ravenous packs of mutant hamsters [re-enabled by one of the mods I was using] in the original)! 

Might be interesting to see if any would run on Win 10?????????????????

Mike Cl

Quote from: Flanker1Six on April 30, 2016, 01:20:01 PM
Oh yea.  I've got all three, and was eagerly awaiting STALKER 2 when THC imploded!   :sob:  Very atmospheric series, and one of the best weapon attachment systems I've seen; easy to do stat edits also!   Still miss 'em (especially the ravenous packs of mutant hamsters [re-enabled by one of the mods I was using] in the original)! 

Might be interesting to see if any would run on Win 10?????????????????
Ah, yes--Win 10.  I talked to the shop that built my computer and they (there was 4 of them when I went in) are gamers and said that they will all wait until they have to get Win 10.  They each run Win 7 right now.  They said that the game companies will not program games for Wind 10 until a bit into the future yet.  They did not want to risk it until they have to.  That'd what I'll do.

Hydra009

Just had a 14-0 all-human match in Rocket League with minimal quiting.  I feel better about myself now.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 30, 2016, 06:03:37 PM
Just had a 14-0 all-human match in Rocket League with minimal quiting.  I feel better about myself now.
I am going to assume you're getting a similar feeling as when I get matched with a shitty team mate in DoTA 2 lol

PickelledEggs

Put my paladins together. Just need to paint them

-Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

So... Played Overwatch during the open beta. A good amount in order to make a fair assessment.
Final judgement:
It's a $60 knock off of Team Fortress 2 with less game modes and less hats and a longer search for a match.
0/10 do not recommend

Hydra009

Man, that sucks.  I was pretty hyped for Battleborn.

(total biscuit joke, lots of people apparently get them confused)