News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: Sal1981 on February 04, 2016, 06:09:43 PM
Ahh, nostalgia, thy sweet sweet and discordant honey sting leaves my eyes watery of things gone, but not forgotten.

Some dude who plays a Commodore 64 version of Bruce Lee (poorly) to completion in 15 minutes:

ah the good old C64, this was my memory, the first games I ever owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6klzhxDtI30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCCAbdbLjXE

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knd5E-X42dU

Nothing logically makes sense, but wouldn't this be so cool?

kilodelta

Spoiler: Bowser is Mario's father!
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

Who has Street Fighter 5? Lemme know. I've been playing it on my PS4

Nonsensei

And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nonsensei on February 16, 2016, 10:54:04 PM
SF5 is broke as shit on PC.
Well when they fix it, apparently pc and ps4 can play together

PickelledEggs

Mortal Kombat 10 was broken to shit on PC too. I pre-ordered it and couldn't play for a few weeks-a month when I finally got it on ps4.

The local arcade had a local tournament on release day where I played my first match of Mortal Kombat against KDZ... I got wrecked, but all things considered, I did pretty well.

mauricio

Quote from: Shiranu on November 27, 2015, 05:26:14 PM
One game I just bought for like... $3... a great little indie game called ftl.

Also bought the Grim fandango Remastered on steam for like $3... I love Native Mexican culture and film noir... so I feel like it should be a match made in heaven... and I know it's an iconic game of the Lucas Arts adventure games.

Good taste ftl is awesome it has a smooth learning curve with enough strategic depth to make you replay it with different ship loadouts. Its a balanced game between ease of use and gameplay complexity.

Those point and click adventure games like grim fandago, i have tried them but they seem to be pretty irritating by basically being hard random puzzles to unlock the story that's the actual main draw. Or maybe thats just the ones i have played had really nonsensical puzzles where you pretty much just had to walk around rubbing everything you saw with the penny, the piece of cheese and the wedding ring you had in your inventory till something super contrived happens like attracting a rat with the cheese and the rat bites a cable which you rebind with gold wedding ring and activate some other fucking random event.

Italian

Me i'm a gamer but exclusively during working hours :D :D

Hydra009

I just had the pleasure of trying out a new (to me) mod for Sins of a Solar Empire: Maelstorm.  Amazing mod.

It's not really so much of a mod as it is an expansion pack.  The mod adds 3 new factions, doubling the available factions from 3 to 6.  And since every faction is split into two subfactions, this game now has a whopping 12 factions.  All of the new factions are completely fleshed out - fully voiced, new models, new art, new research, new abilities, new everything.  And they all feel unique, which really surprised me.

And there are new "planet" types - binary planet, high-tech planet, fractured, hyperion, ringworld, dyson swarm, colonizable gas giant, etc, etc.  A crapton of new planets.

For anyone who still has this game, give it a shot.  You won't regret it.

Nonsensei

Quote from: mauricio on February 17, 2016, 03:17:36 PM
Good taste ftl is awesome it has a smooth learning curve with enough strategic depth to make you replay it with different ship loadouts. Its a balanced game between ease of use and gameplay complexity.

If you're going to play FTL, you should be aware that there are mods for the game available. Everything from new ships to eliminating the rebel advance mechanic, to complete game overhauls that modify weapons, enemies, mechanics, etc. Once you play through the game normally you should consider doing it with some mods.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

kilodelta

Quote from: Italian on February 18, 2016, 10:24:17 AM
Me i'm a gamer but exclusively during working hours :D :D

That should be a given for any true Gamer(TM). It's in the bylaws. Look it up.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Munch

they uploaded onto steam one of my favourite classic megadrive platform games ever (thats the uk genesis to americans), Dynamite Headdy!

this game is completely bonkers, but for the megadrive this was pushing the limits of its hardware, and I loved it! So glad to play it again
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin