News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: _Xenu_ on November 12, 2015, 08:38:57 PM
Im joining the Fallout party a bit late. I've had Fallout 3 for awhile but haven't gotten that deeply into it. Per the encouragement of someone at work, I played it again for a bit tonight. I'm still getting killed before I get out of the bunker.
What do you mean?  You mean you get killed prior to leaving? Who kills you?  If I remember correctly, you start with a 10 mm pistol, after you are awaken by Amada.  She gives it to you.  But save it for the security guards.  Use the baseball bat that is in your locker for everything else--especially the rad roaches.  Take everything--don't forget the bobblehead in your dad's office.  Sneak everywhere.  In the overseer's bedroom and Marcy's bedroom, take all.  Check all the desks.  Check the lockers in the overseerer's office and take it all.  Let the teacher go in the security cell--and take all the security gear.  You can either kill the overseer, or not.  When in the overseer's office you can open the secret tunnel from there and go under the desk and escape.  Just run, hit the button to open the tunnel and run.  You will come to a door--you can then redo your stats and then save or just save and go on.  If you need more help, LMK, I"ve logged in over 2000 hrs on this baby.  And I still love it!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 13, 2015, 02:12:13 PM
Funny review I found:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC-fnNhJ95s
Verily, verily I say unto you........................!  Glory be!  A 14/10 actually.......................if you need me, you will have to call me from the Commonwealth (was the wasteland)!!
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

I've been playing the living shit out of Starcraft 2. And now the new expansion came out too.

Hydra009

Fallout 4 just got a couple exciting new mods:

A dialogue mod that reverts it back to Fallout 3 style
A settlement mod that greatly expands the size of the settlement and the available settlement objects.

When I get this game, I'm going to make a gigantic Brotherhood of Steel building that'll look something like this:

Basement:  power generators, computer terminals, labs, maybe even a half-finished Liberty Prime
1st floor: security, reception, medical bay
2nd floor: armory, target range
3rd floor: living quarters, mess hall
4th floor: administration, penthouse suite for the player

Shiranu

One game I just bought for like... $3... a great little indie game called ftl.

Also bought the Grim fandango Remastered on steam for like $3... I love Native Mexican culture and film noir... so I feel like it should be a match made in heaven... and I know it's an iconic game of the Lucas Arts adventure games.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 27, 2015, 12:26:39 PM
Fallout 4 just got a couple exciting new mods:

A dialogue mod that reverts it back to Fallout 3 style
A settlement mod that greatly expands the size of the settlement and the available settlement objects.

When I get this game, I'm going to make a gigantic Brotherhood of Steel building that'll look something like this:

Basement:  power generators, computer terminals, labs, maybe even a half-finished Liberty Prime
1st floor: security, reception, medical bay
2nd floor: armory, target range
3rd floor: living quarters, mess hall
4th floor: administration, penthouse suite for the player
I wish my computer could run Fallout... I had to get it on PS4...

Mike Cl

I am playing the hell out of this game.  150 hrs into it and I have yet to finish one play thru--or to have built my first settlement.  I can see that I have several more hundred hours to go. :))

Sal1981

MMO's have too much bulk stuff in crafting skills.

Hydra009

Fran Bow.  Delightfully creepy and gory point-and-click.  That is all.

Hijiri Byakuren

Picked up EU4 a few days ago. Massive improvement over EU3, for sure. I think I still prefer CK2, though, lots more shenanigans due to it being character- rather than nation-based. That said, the Extended Timeline mod is pretty sweet. Gets rid of the wastelands, and you can hang out with Tiberius Caesar and Vladimir Putin in the same game!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sal1981

I'm sick and tired of JaGeX' continued milking of the players. Every fucking week there's like 3 RWT updates, introducing pointless cosmetics and whatnot.

PickelledEggs

I started playing Guild Wars 2 again with my friends, but between the graphics and the huge world, my screen looks like it's going to explode. In fact, the graphics aren't even that intense... it's the combination between the fact that it's slightly prettier than most other MMOs and that it's just such a huge environment to load... and all the other players... my 2012 computer can't handle it anymore...

That being said, anyone play any other subscriptionless MMOs that are comparable to GW2 or WoW? What do you suggest to supplement my void of MMO

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 12, 2015, 02:09:39 AMThat being said, anyone play any other subscriptionless MMOs that are comparable to GW2 or WoW? What do you suggest to supplement my void of MMO
Rift, but I barely even log in anymore.  It's just gotten very repetitive and tiresome and I could play for weeks and not really make much progress towards anything.

I mostly play World of Warships now.  It's more of a lobby game than a persistent world, but you can have a great game session in less than an hour, which beats grinding for hours with little payoff.  It is grindy in the sense that it can take hundreds of matches to finally get a ship in a higher tier, but you grow to love your current tier, which eliminates most of the pain of waiting.

I really liked the art style of GW2 and I have a great affection for the Charr, particularly Charr Enginners.  I absolutely loved the quest system (no quest log, proximity-based quests with multiple victory conditions!), the exploration, and even the player-specific quests.  GW2 is really underrated considering all the great things it brings to the table.

It's been forever and a half since I've played and I don't know where to begin or what to work towards.  Last time I played it, I just explored the entire world (including jumping puzzles), got the achievement, and logged out forever lol.

SilentFutility