News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savior2006

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"
Quote from: "Plu"Now that Final Fantasy VII is available on Steam I've decided to finally play through the whole thing, after starting and then somehow losing it for ages. Broken copies of the game, lost discs, you name it. It´s like the game's cursed or something.

Man I played 7 8 & 9 far too much back in the day, like, to the point where I knew every monster's spawn location and the % chance of items dropped for each of them at differing levels (etc).

Yeah...I had no life :(

I've actually got a special edition of FF7 for the PC which still works on my laptop, but I just DL'd the Ultima edition online as it was a lot more reliable. So if a disk version becomes unreliable for you, I'd definitely recomend it (aside Steam, naturally).

I have Final Fantasy X. I sucked at it though. I'll probably try to pick it up again. My favorite RPG is probably Star Ocean: The Second Story for the PlayStation. I played it as a kid, royally sucked at it (I suck at most games developed or produced by Square, Kingdom Hearts included xD) but I came back to it a month ago and beat it a week ago. Really fun. Great story. Great music. It convinced me to go back to FFX which I will do when I get back home from dad's house.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Antyla

I never bought a PS3, I stopped playing after the PS2 since most of my favorite series stopped after the PS2. I am a Digimon & a Harvest Moon freak

SilentFutility

I've still got my more than a decade old PS2 kicking about, it's survived moving countries, being spray-painted, being dismantled, being shoved and bumped about, and it's still going without missing a beat.

Great console.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "SilentFutility"I've still got my more than a decade old PS2 kicking about, it's survived moving countries, being spray-painted, being dismantled, being shoved and bumped about, and it's still going without missing a beat.

Great console.
Yeah, my N64 still runs like a tank. I may need to get new controllers soon though...

Plu

I still have a PS2 as well, although I haven't turned it on for about a year and a half. I used it to play God of War, mostly.

Farroc

I recently rented BioShock Infinite. Hated it. The combat was unengaging. And, maybe the story would've been a little more clear if I had played it for longer, but I had no idea what was going on. Something about rescuing a girl from a crazy floating cult in the sky in 1912. But I had no idea who the girl was, or who I was for that matter.

I also finally bought Bulletstorm and it was great. Really kick-ass game. I loved the fact that the game rewards you for creative kills. It was kinda short though. I finished it on normal in a single day.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Plu

BulletStorm is pretty sweet. Definately a more interesting kind of shooter than most of the high-profile stuff coming out. Really over the top.

Farroc

Yeah. When I play a shooting game I really like to feel the bodies being blasted apart. Y'know? Resident evil 4 and Bulletstorm do this, but games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto don't. The violence just isn't as satisfying. Not that they aren't both great franchises. I've spent more time on San Andreas than I have any other game.(With the Possible exception of some Zelda Games.)
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

the_antithesis

[youtube:39ohej3a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-BrzDad3cU[/youtube:39ohej3a]

I know there's a market for these kind of simulator games, but goddamn.

The Whit

Combat Flight Simmer here.  IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, Rise of Flight, DCS world.  Been meaning to get into Falcon BMS.  

Here's one of my videos for IL-2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amishOcrlgw
"Death can not be killed." -brq

Plu

So anyone here seen 7 days to die? It's like minecraft except the zombies are fucking terrifying monsters that stop at nothing in their attempts to murder you.

I was watching a gamecast about the alpha (it's currently being kickstarted, already approaching 200% funded) and I came to this episode and now I'm sold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVoWOM- ... DHMrVH-nFh

Freaky shit. I want a copy.

kilodelta

Golf Caddy Simulator would be fun.

"Warning: the golfer's balls are getting dirty. Clean them befor he fires you."
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Farroc

I hate to ask, because I know nobody here is an Artix Entertainment fan, but is anyone going to be play their newest mmo? Aq3d

Shiranu

Quote from: "Farroc"I recently rented BioShock Infinite. Hated it. The combat was unengaging. And, maybe the story would've been a little more clear if I had played it for longer, but I had no idea what was going on. Something about rescuing a girl from a crazy floating cult in the sky in 1912. But I had no idea who the girl was, or who I was for that matter.

I also finally bought Bulletstorm and it was great. Really kick-ass game. I loved the fact that the game rewards you for creative kills. It was kinda short though. I finished it on normal in a single day.

A: I agree the combat is meh.
B: You don't play Bioshock for gameplay,  you play it for one of the best stories in gaming history,  amazing political satire and stunning artistic work.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "kilodelta"Golf Caddy Simulator would be fun.

"Warning: the golfer's balls are getting dirty. Clean them befor he fires you."
Sounds like Konami's "Lewis Black's Personal Ball Washer"  :lol: