News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Shiranu"I would like a PS3, but I am selling my good x-box tomorrow for steam cash. I don't play it anymore, I just use it for youtube, hulu, hbo etc... and I can use my x-box with the broken cd drive for all the online aps.
What games for steam do you have?

Shiranu

Civ. 5, Team Fortress and CS:S.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Sal1981

I got a shitload of steam games. You know, those classic game bundles that are like 5 bucks a pop.

SilentFutility

Quote from: "Shiranu"Civ. 5, Team Fortress and CS:S.
Do you still play CS:S at all?
I do a bit if you fancied having a game together if we both happened to be online from time to time.

the_antithesis

So I finally got the wifi working with my 3DS. I am posting this using it. We'll see how it looks, but typing with a stylus is crap. At least it allows you to select the word you're trying to type, even if the word doesn't come up until the last character which doesn't really save you any time.

So I was browsing the store and besides adding the Game & Watch games to my wishlist I looked at some of the other games available and noticed Twin Bee was available for download bur it had been 3D-ified. Unlike many of the other videos on Nintendo's eShop, this one was in 3D and I noticed how much better the 3D looked on a 2D game. Xevious is another 3D-ified game, and it fits here even better. Xevious is a shooter where you had aerial and ground targets and a different shoot button for each, but on a 2D screen, it wasn't eady to distinguish the two at a glance, which is all you have during an action game. But in 3D, it gives the game needed dimension.

I just find it interesting that 3D seems to work best enhancing a 2D game or giving a largely 2D game one or two additional plains of play.

[youtube:bhookxxv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbrDk2riqJ0[/youtube:bhookxxv]

[youtube:bhookxxv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlq360e3bdI[/youtube:bhookxxv]

ozymandias

I'm an old boardgamer.  Also played d&d when it first came out. Trying to get up enough scratch to replace my pc, till then my older platform is all I have and I use it to replay diablo 2 and morrowind (my favorite game)  didn;t care much for oblivion, it should not take 150 arrows to drop an ogre, and I thought world of warcraft was the most boring game I ever played.

The Last Firstborn.

Recently purchased The Last Of Us. It's fun!
"Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one." – Richard Dawkins
"Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?" - George Carlin

Plu

QuoteI'm an old boardgamer.

Cool! :) Boardgames are awesome. Which are your favorites?

Shiranu

Quote from: "SilentFutility"
Quote from: "Shiranu"Civ. 5, Team Fortress and CS:S.
Do you still play CS:S at all?
I do a bit if you fancied having a game together if we both happened to be online from time to time.

Yeah sounds good. I have been having a really hard time adding friends though on steam, so hopefully it will let me add you...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jesus

Been playing Dragon Age: Origins. It's a lot of fun. It keeps crashing to the desktop, so I'm quite frustrated.
I like to appear in various forms, but my favorite is as a toast.

Solitary

Thank you Jesus for Mass Effect Trilogy!  8-)  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Valigarmander

Since about age 4. I don't have as much time as I used to to play video games, but I still do it whenever I get the chance. Right now I'm playing Doom 64 for the first time on my old N64.

I actually help moderate a video game forum. I'd link to it, but I don't know AF's policy on linking to other forums.

Plu

Now that Final Fantasy VII is available on Steam I've decided to finally play through the whole thing, after starting and then somehow losing it for ages. Broken copies of the game, lost discs, you name it. It´s like the game's cursed or something.

Shiranu

Going to buy that later, most likely.

Really loving the expansion to Civ 5.  Repubblica di Venezia (Venice) is one of the new civilizations, and it has some interesting mechanics... can only have one city (no settlers, no capturing enemy cities), but get like... double the trade routes and can buy stuff in puppet states. It its a whole new mechanic and play style, and I love it as I love the sea faring, culture/trade nations anyways.

ozymandias

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteI'm an old boardgamer.

Cool! :) Boardgames are awesome. Which are your favorites?

Russian campaign, talisman, might and magic and ancient conquest 1.