Author Topic: Any gamers around here?  (Read 346370 times)

Online drunkenshoe

Re: Any gamers around here?
« Reply #3600 on: August 08, 2020, 05:04:24 AM »
The oddest thing for me though was that after about the 3 hours it takes to beat the game... I found myself in tears. I don't want to express why for fear of spoiling it, but it is easily the most emotional video game (or artistic in general) experience I have had in at least a decade.

Just checked it out. That makes sense to me. It looks like so well made less, it could be too much for me. But I should try. Thanks. (Very different yet similar reasons I can't handle Final Space which is at the light side of the spectrum.)

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are good people and bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides." Havelock Vetinari

Offline trdsf

« Reply #3601 on: August 11, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
Replaying half-life on my PS2.
Fun game.
Good times.
Much wow.

Ooo, I haven't messed with my PS2 in ages.  I could probably do with some good old fashioned beer-and-pretzels games like the CoN or Katamari series, or TW2K5.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #3602 on: August 14, 2020, 01:27:07 PM »

It's happening!  Skywind is coming!

The graphics are kinda rough around the edges, but neither game is particularly new and it is a fan project after all.  A lot of the assets are brand new.  Combat is a big step up from where it was in Morrowind, and lighting isn't bad.  The sound design and atmosphere are just so immersive!  Rustic beauty and brassy, lived-in architecture.  What a combination!

Morrowind always had very creepy and unnerving ruins.  All that clanging and hissing in dwemer ruins easily puts me on edge.

And levitate is back!  Woo!

The dialogue seems pretty generic and the quest itself nothing special, but afaik, this was meant to be a pretty generic quest.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 01:53:52 AM by Hydra009 »