Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 02, 2020, 05:20:24 PM
There is no better avatar.

Typical alien with a giant throbbing brain (see The Cage) and an even bigger ego.  If one can self hallucinate at will, maybe the LSD trip is still tripping ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

https://youtu.be/hvKvuVvXTN0

I had low expectations, but damn, this stuff makes Fallout 76 look good by comparison.

Munch

I'm putting on a face to laugh at how badly they messed up, but inside, its saddening that modern blizzard can be doing so badly. I've loved blizzard games for years, warcraft, diablo, overwatch. I even meet my boyfriends and friend from Sweden due to games like wow and diablo, so the company is part of why I have what I have today.

So it is sad seeing how much they've been screwing up, the incident with the player from Hong Kong, battle for azeroths ending, firing so many staff, and now this.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on February 01, 2020, 02:21:47 PM
Coming soon to a game near you:
Maybe this is a tad too cynical, but with cut corners, unfinished games, and tired face syndrome being fairly commonplace, especially among AAA games, I dunno if hyperrealism is something that game devs would necessarily need or want.

I mean, the big game last year was a low-poly mischievous goose simulator.  A couple years before that?  A visual novel turned horror with like 12 sprites.  And before that, a basically 8-bit rpg.

Graphics aren't necessarily king.  That said, there are certain genres and franchises that lend themselves well to hyperrealism (fps, action rpgs, some simulators), so I can see it being successful there.  But given the expense, I dunno if franchises with less graphically-intense norms (nintendo comes to mind) or more modest budgets or a history of corporate incompetence (it's in the game) would implement those kind of graphics.  Hell, certain long-running sports franchises get by just fine (apparently) with little to no graphical improvements year after year.

I mean, a frightening amount of these new AAA games struggle to work at launch with missing features and broken gameplay.  Suffice it to say that you don't put in a new balcony while your house is burning.

Munch

I downloaded Untitled goose game. Had to get a client called epic games to download it on pc, but it was only £15.

This is so fun, relaxing and funny, it has elements of like metal gear solid with stealthiness, no annoying pressures like a clock to rush you but still requiring you to use some strategy to complete your checklist each level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LL2AtHo1gk&t=18s

with a lot of the mmorpgs I play still like Wow, FF14, guild wars and possibly crowfall if it ever gets released proper, its nice to just have a game that makes you feel relaxed and in your own world instead of playing online with dozens of other people and competing all the time. I had that feeling with Stardew Valley when I first played it, and I have that same feel with this one.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 09, 2020, 02:30:34 PM
I downloaded Untitled goose game. Had to get a client called epic games to download it on pc, but it was only £15.

That just funds more exclusivity deals!  (i.e. gets some new game yanked from Steam and GoG and everything else in a bid to strongarm you to shop at Epic Games, whether you want to or not)

And that's the same company preying on fortnite kids with all those microtransactions.  Don't give them money!

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2020, 06:59:22 PM

That just funds more exclusivity deals!  (i.e. gets some new game yanked from Steam and GoG and everything else in a bid to strongarm you to shop at Epic Games, whether you want to or not)

And that's the same company preying on fortnite kids with all those microtransactions.  Don't give them money!

Steam should have gotten their ass in gear then instead of keeping it held until late 2020.

I don't intend to buy anything else off this site. And if parents can't teach their kids the dangers of microtransactions then thats on them

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 09, 2020, 07:04:56 PM
Steam should have gotten their ass in gear then instead of keeping it held until late 2020.
You're not making any sense.  How is Steam responsible for an exclusivity deal between that game's devs and Epic Games?

QuoteI don't intend to buy anything else off this site.
So, when you got the game, who did you pay for it?

QuoteAnd if parents can't teach their kids the dangers of microtransactions then thats on them
That wasn't your position previously.  You sounded pretty earnest, too.  I'm okay with people changing their minds, but people's opinions ought to be more than mere rationalizations.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2020, 07:18:58 PM
You're not making any sense.  How is Steam responsible for an exclusivity deal between that game's devs and Epic Games?
So, when you got the game, who did you pay for it?
That wasn't your position previously.  You sounded pretty earnest, too.  I'm okay with people changing their minds, but people's opinions ought to be more than mere rationalizations.

I'm saying if it was out on steam already I'd have brought it on there.

I just wanted the game, googled there it was on pc, came across it, downloaded the epic games launcher without much care who they were and brought the game, nothing much else to it.

I also buy cheaper clothing due to my budget thats probably been made in Chinese sweat shops.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on February 09, 2020, 07:33:11 PM
I'm saying if it was out on steam already I'd have brought it on there.
And it's not there precisely because of the exclusively deal.  There's nothing Steam can do about that.  But there is something you can do about it.  For starters, not subsidizing that dodgy business practice.

QuoteI just wanted the game, googled there it was on pc, came across it, downloaded the epic games launcher without much care who they were and brought the game, nothing much else to it.
Evidently so. 

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 09, 2020, 08:05:57 PM
And it's not there precisely because of the exclusively deal.  There's nothing Steam can do about that.  But there is something you can do about it.  For starters, not subsidizing that dodgy business practice.
Evidently so.

well you'd probably pop a blood vessel if you found out how my brother gets ahold of new movie releases.

Shiranu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVWiA2h7xdE

Okay, so I know I said you have to view them as two different companies, but still... RIP Blizzard.

"Sorry you fans didn't get what you thought you deserved from the game, I guess? I mean, it's yall's fault for having expectations, but we're sorry you had those expectations."
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

It's the modern blizzard attitude now, which became obvious when they revealed the disastrous diablo mobile, and when the crowds booed, their response was 'don't you have mobile phones?!'

Swear ever since metzen left blizzard it's just gone downhill, true it was already while he worked for it, but there was at least some sense of camaraderie between devs and players then.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman