Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on January 09, 2020, 09:31:40 AM
Yeah, and I'm not paying them money for an incomplete game
It's starting to look like their model is "Let's sell a bunch of stuff to early adopters so that when the game is released they have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else, and then never ever actually release the game."
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

I got Ring Fit Adventure for the Switch. First thing, the price. $80 is a bit steep for a game, even if it does come with new peripherals. But I had a gift card from Christmas, which made it more affordable. I'm a guy who loves video games, but is too lazy to exercise. Ring Fit Adventure gave me an excuse to finally start working out, and I'm enjoying it so far.

The game is basically an RPG adventure game on rails. You jog in place to progress, with the left joycon strapped to your thigh to measure how fast you're going and how high you're raising your legs. The right joycon goes into the ring. You squeeze the ring to shoot out air, stretch it to suck in objects, etc. Enemy encounters involve using a variety of poses to attack and defend yourself.

I really underestimated how much of a workout it'd give me. But it paces you pretty well. It'll record your BPM with the right joycon's infrared camera, ask you if you're still sore from yesterday's workout so it can plan accordingly, and suggest you stop for the day before you push yourself too far.

Overall, I find it fun and productive. I would recommend it to someone who wants to get in shape. But again, the price is a bit high, so that's a factor. If interested, maybe check to see if you can find it used.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

So, I've been playing Theme Park Tycoon and I currently own two theme parks: an amusement park and a water park.  But I've noticed that my customers only use the bathroom about half as much at the water park, which has me concerned that maybe my game isn't working correctly.  Anyone else encounter this bug?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 16, 2020, 08:23:55 PM
So, I've been playing Theme Park Tycoon and I currently own two theme parks: an amusement park and a water park.  But I've noticed that my customers only use the bathroom about half as much at the water park, which has me concerned that maybe my game isn't working correctly.  Anyone else encounter this bug?

Not a bug. Just a feature. Beware warm spots.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

Me and the Endless games.  Also me and the Sins of a Solar Empire games.  And Starfinder.  And Cthulhutech.

It's okay to be popular (cause otherwise, bankruptcy) but it's not okay for their more imaginative aspects to be scaled back to the point it's so generic that it lacks that creative spark that kindled interest in the first place.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 31, 2020, 06:15:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBYogsBDkE8

Holy fuck Blizzard, what are you doing?

they also made it so you can't get the original anymore on their service. luckily I have the original as a physical copy.

there chinese masters won't let them tell the truth, that its hard to make a remake of a game when you fire hundreds of staff during production.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on January 31, 2020, 06:15:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBYogsBDkE8

Holy fuck Blizzard, what are you doing?
Beat me to it.  Between this and Hong Kong gate, Blizzard is dead to me.

Along with Bethesda, Blizz was my go-to game developer back in the day.  People nowadays don't understand how popular they were and how brand-loyal people used to be about this stuff.  For a while, Blizz was practically synonymous with pc gaming, and they had a reputation of super polished, lovingly crafted games - Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo.  And they actually cared about the players.

Not anymore.  They pissed all that away under Activision.

Shiranu

In Blizzard's defense, I think very little of the talent that made the company what it was remained after Activision came in and moved people around/fired large amounts of staff. I might be dead wrong about that, but a part of my brain really seems to recall there being a massive amount of layoffs and moving of personal around (as well as people just quitting) in the early years of the acquisition.

I try not to view Blizzard-Activision as the same thing as Blizzard Entertainment Inc., though I certainly don't think I'm "right" about that and anyone who doesn't is wrong.

I generally don't support major corporations in any facet of my life when I can, and that's all Bliz-Act is... a business to make money, not high-quality products. It certainly is no longer a gaming company, even if it makes games.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Maybe now you can get a better avatar ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 31, 2020, 08:25:29 PM
In Blizzard's defense, I think very little of the talent that made the company what it was remained after Activision came in and moved people around/fired large amounts of staff. I might be dead wrong about that, but a part of my brain really seems to recall there being a massive amount of layoffs and moving of personal around (as well as people just quitting) in the early years of the acquisition.

I try not to view Blizzard-Activision as the same thing as Blizzard Entertainment Inc., though I certainly don't think I'm "right" about that and anyone who doesn't is wrong.

I generally don't support major corporations in any facet of my life when I can, and that's all Bliz-Act is... a business to make money, not high-quality products. It certainly is no longer a gaming company, even if it makes games.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/02/02/the-warcraft-3-reforged-metacritic-review-bombing-campaign-has-escalated/amp/

Warcraft fans are actually upvoting the worst scored games on metacritic in an effort to make reforged the worst scored game on the site

I can actually forgive bad game design and choices. What I can't ever forgive are these massive developers giving no response to fans how they intend to fix it, and being honest about it like how they had to rush it out or how they just didn't have the people to make it work because they fired a load of them.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on February 02, 2020, 06:09:45 AM
Maybe now you can get a better avatar ;-)

There is no better avatar.
God Not Found