News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Computer in the shop of almost a week.  I realized I was addicted to games, but the extent to which that is so did not fully register until now!  I NEED a fix!!  (I am using my wife's computer who does zero gaming.  Solitare does not cut it!)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sal1981

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 04, 2020, 01:06:39 PM
Computer in the shop of almost a week.  I realized I was addicted to games, but the extent to which that is so did not fully register until now!  I NEED a fix!!  (I am using my wife's computer who does zero gaming.  Solitare does not cut it!)
LOL, I know the feel.

Blackleaf

Get a Nintendo Switch. You can take it with you. There's a soft relaunch that has a battery that lasts twice as long too. Be careful not to get the old one instead, though. They look the same. Only the box looks different.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

I have a lot of games on my system, many of them are on Steam and remain on there so I can play them on my laptop, but some of my most played games are on my desktop to find easier, including Wow, south park the fractured but whole, Conan exiles, final fantasy 14, Undertale, stardew valley, sega classic collections (bunch of 90s genesis games) and guild wars 2.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 05, 2020, 02:46:30 AM
Get a Nintendo Switch. You can take it with you. There's a soft relaunch that has a battery that lasts twice as long too. Be careful not to get the old one instead, though. They look the same. Only the box looks different.
Way back in the day I owned a Game Boy--tetrus was big then.  I will have to look in on that and see what it can do.  The only problem could be the fact that I inherited a 32 inch monitor and not sure how I'd get used to a much smaller Switch screen.  But I'll have to investigate.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Munch on January 05, 2020, 07:25:14 AM
I have a lot of games on my system, many of them are on Steam and remain on there so I can play them on my laptop, but some of my most played games are on my desktop to find easier, including Wow, south park the fractured but whole, Conan exiles, final fantasy 14, Undertale, stardew valley, sega classic collections (bunch of 90s genesis games) and guild wars 2.
Almost all of my games are stored on steam.  For Christmas my son-in-law gave me a 1 tb hard drive.  So now, I can download just about all of my steam games from the cloud to my hard drive.  No longer need to wait for a lengthy down load time.  That's neat. :)

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 05, 2020, 11:38:12 AM
Way back in the day I owned a Game Boy--tetrus was big then.  I will have to look in on that and see what it can do.  The only problem could be the fact that I inherited a 32 inch monitor and not sure how I'd get used to a much smaller Switch screen.  But I'll have to investigate.

You can play your Switch on your monitor. As long as you don't get the Lite version, which is smaller and $100 cheaper, the Switch comes with a dock that connects to the TV (or monitor, as long as it has a USB port). That's why it's called the Switch, because it Switches between home console and handheld.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 05, 2020, 01:04:52 PM
You can play your Switch on your monitor. As long as you don't get the Lite version, which is smaller and $100 cheaper, the Switch comes with a dock that connects to the TV (or monitor, as long as it has a USB port). That's why it's called the Switch, because it Switches between home console and handheld.
That's even better!  Now I'll really have to look into one.

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLqYT9CSYZA

Mmmm...MTG-flavored Path of Exile

I'd compare it to Diablo, but I don't want to hurt its feelings.

trdsf

Been buying a shit-ton of games on Steam lately.  I love it when games are 90% off.

My ID there is (predictably) trdsf if you want to add me.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Sal1981

Not played any Steam game since Stanley's Parable.

Munch

I'm still waiting for Crowfall to finish its beta testing phase.
Just want to play as a centaur, one of my favourite mythical Greek races

Hydra009

Quote from: Sal1981 on January 09, 2020, 04:16:09 AM
Not played any Steam game since Stanley's Parable.
Going for the Go Outside achievement, I see.

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on January 09, 2020, 07:54:37 AM
I'm still waiting for Crowfall to finish its beta testing phase.
Just want to play as a centaur, one of my favourite mythical Greek races

I've given up waiting. Last I looked, they hadn't even moved into a full beta, and they've been there for years.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Munch

Quote from: trdsf on January 09, 2020, 09:05:07 AM
I've given up waiting. Last I looked, they hadn't even moved into a full beta, and they've been there for years.

Yeah, and I'm not paying them money for an incomplete game