Author Topic: Any gamers around here?  (Read 306586 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Any gamers around here?
« Reply #3360 on: September 11, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes x 4.  Not sure how to get to the on-line version (Steam etc).  The rules are easy.  Fighting is small.  Kind of like a natural disaster, if you have a enough men to fight off the barbarians.

The online version also does Egypt and China.  Individual people can be clicked for info (from distant perspective) to determine current morale.

I might get it for nostalgia, after I move.

IF you are playing, I might give it a go.  What's the point of the game?
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

« Reply #3361 on: September 11, 2019, 07:31:40 PM »
IF you are playing, I might give it a go.  What's the point of the game?
I used to play--The object is to build the biggest and best city you can.  It was mildly entertaining.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3362 on: September 11, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »
I used to play--The object is to build the biggest and best city you can.  It was mildly entertaining.

I don't think he was looking for "Challenging".  Just a pleasant diversion.

This is an old game, not multiplayer.  Rome:Total War can be multiplayer.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€
luu shalmaata luu balt’aata
May you be well, may you be healthy

Offline Hijiri Byakuren

• ULC Minister, Honorary Doctor of Divinity
  • Jacuzzi Member
  • That's DOCTOR Hijiri, to you!
    • Sargon Lore
« Reply #3363 on: September 13, 2019, 10:17:00 AM »
Well I'm now at the point in No Man's Sky where I can do some hydroponics farming. Just got a few more base-building quests to do before I'll pack up my shit, move it all into my freighter, and head for the Galactic Hub.
"Existence is beautiful, if you let it be. Life is not a question. There does not need to be an answer."
- No Man's Sky

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #3364 on: September 13, 2019, 10:59:41 AM »
The soundtrack starts in my head whenever I see a visual from Caesar. I played the II for a very long time, not sure what's new in in the III.
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while Δ± was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3365 on: September 13, 2019, 12:09:55 PM »
The soundtrack starts in my head whenever I see a visual from Caesar. I played the II for a very long time, not sure what's new in in the III.

Started in Caesar II also.  Moved to Caesar III in early 2001.  It was first released in 1998.  Caesar IV was released in 2006.  Pharaoh was released in 1999 (on Caesar III engine).  All are rated in 90+ like.

Emperor was released in 2002, on the Caesar III engine).  Supposedly Caesar III, Pharaoh, and Emperor are supposedly bundled thru Steam.

In my experience, Caesar III over Caesar II was more tweaks, bug fixes, faster engine.
πŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽŒπŽ€πŽπŽŽπŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€πŽŸπŽπŽœπŽœπŽŸπŽπŽ€πŽπŽ‰πŽ€πŽ€πŽšπŽ€

Offline Sal1981

« Reply #3366 on: September 13, 2019, 08:02:53 PM »
Shameless plug for Albion Online referral link (I get rewards for sharing referral link):

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I bought Premium for Albion Online. It even runs averagely on my potato computer (it's 5 or 6 years old and only has an integrated Intel graphics chipset I just can't run it on the highest resolution). I must say, I got quite interested in the PvP aspect of the game, which is the main drive in it. There is PvE and some other crafting and farming stuff, but it is centered mostly around PvP and guilds. There even are GvG and another ZvZ (Zone vs Zone) where guilds fight for real places in the ingame world, and not some instanced bs like in Guild Wars 2 or in other games.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

« Reply #3367 on: September 13, 2019, 10:43:40 PM »
Mark Hamill is voicing a character in the FFVII Remake.

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #3368 on: September 14, 2019, 04:52:09 AM »
Pharaoh+ Cleopatra is still the best Egyptian city building.  It's still a good game.  A new one is coming soon. Builders of Egypt. Looks fine to me.

I have played Zeus and Poseidon for a long time too, I still play tehse games, but didn't get well along with Caesar IV. But when weather start to cool I want to play Banished or Forest Village as city building in the last few years since they came out. They are cosy. And still no word from Ancient Cities. :/

'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while Δ± was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

Offline Baruch

« Reply #3369 on: September 14, 2019, 06:59:27 AM »
Builders of Egypt looks like a great refinement.  There will always be fans of this, but I would want it more like Sims.  I want to choose my historical clothing, language, religion etc and focus not just on the big picture, but like the children's game of Life.

Offline Cavebear

« Reply #3370 on: Today at 12:59:41 AM »

I ordered it.  I can risk $14 for the hope of something that suits me.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk